Forum > Back of Beyond

Back of Beyond Bibliography?

(1/8) > >>

Doctor Merkury:
Anyone have a good list of sources for this period?  Especially looking for TO&Es of Russian, British, and Turkish forces for this period.

I do have:

Peter Hopkirk's "Setting the East Ablaze"
Charles Gallenkamp and Michael J. Novacek "Dragon Hunter"
Evan Mawdsley "Russian Civil War"

any more out there?

Thanks,
Doc

Grimm:
Hi I have two interesting Book´s

Firt one is
Sibirien Transfers
from Hans Herlin
These is a Book abaut a Train with the gold of the tsar and a few agent´s looking for these train.(In 1918 cvil war)
The book is more a thriller with not so much aktion but ist is a nice story for a campaign.

the secund is
Beasts,Men and Gods
From Dr.Ferdinand Ossendowski
A story abaut the escape from Ossendowski from Russia .
He meet ungern sterberg gos to tibet and Mongolia .
Nice story with a good    overview abaut the region.

Hope that help you

Grimm

Stéphane:
This post will be interesting but, If I could say sothing could you put the title in black (use tag ) with the writer name just after. It will be more simple to see the final books list.

Thanks  :wink:

Stéphane

Edit: I've missing somthing, do not forget to indicate the language  :mrgreen: and his true book's title in.

Hammers:
There is Corto Maltese in Siberia by Hugo Pratt. A graphical novel, you know, but quite good.

And there is My Life as an Explorer: The Great Adventurers Classic Memoir and other books by or about Sven Hedin, the man they called the last adventurer

Poliorketes:
If you mention Corto Maltese, don't forget The Golden Hhouse of Samarkand. The setting is in turkey and russian central asia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version