Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:27:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zombicide Black Plague minis for Frostgrave  (Read 5745 times)

Offline Hobbit

• Scientist
Re: Zombicide Black Plague minis for Frostgrave
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 07:54:48 PM »
And let's not overlook that you get some quite exquisite floor plans...oh and it is a damned good game in its own right!

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
Re: Zombicide Black Plague minis for Frostgrave
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 10:52:52 PM »
I am regretting a little not backing this, but I do have stacks of unpainted stuff. The zombicide stuff looks pretty sharp and well detailed, if they are like the Blood Rage minis they are easy to paint too. Funnily enough, though the Frostgrave stuff is hard plastic and theoretically sharper, in that photo it looks less detailed - maybe that's just down to the sculpting.

The Frostgrave (FG) stuff is "softer" as far as the sculpting is concerned on the plastics. To give you a comparison, look at the FG soldiers compared to any of the Perry Miniatures (PM) kits. The PM stuff is very sharp and clean where the FG Soldiers are "softer". Both are cast by Renedra. On another hand, compare the FG soldiers to the kits from Gripping Beast (GB). They are equally "soft". Same sculptor, IIRC.

I also regret not backing ZBP, but when the KS was running, I was nowhere near any fantasy or medieval stuff, so it was easy to let it pass by.
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues