Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:34:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690726
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Welcome to the apocalypse (TNT/TWD) - Prelude to Woodsbury 1 battle report  (Read 10321 times)

Offline Illumini

• Bookworm
Re: Welcome to the apocalypse (TNT)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 05:26:37 PM »
Valkyr Junkies

Drugs and alcohol are common in the wasteland, offering an escape from the horrors of the wasteland. However, a new mysterious drug has started to spread amongst the denizens of the wastelands. A drug like no other, "Valkyr", a glowing green substance that makes the user immensely stronger and faster than normal men, however, it also takes their mind. It has itīs name from the spectral creatures the users sometimes see in their drugged journey, the Valkyres. The Valkyre is a messenger of death, lifting the junkie up on black wings, telling them to kill indiscriminately while filling their mind with images of their own deaths. 

After many incidents with Valkyr users suddenly leaping into dangerous fits of rage, sometimes killing all in the vicinity before disappearing from settlements, outposts and caravans, other times getting shot or stabbed to death, Valkyr has been outlawed in most settlements in the wastes.

Lately however, whole gangs of Valkyr addicts have formed, roaming the wastelands in search for the mythical source of the drug and any dose they can get their hands on.

Painted up some junkies, unfortunately not the greatest image, since there is practically no daylight here at the moment  :? More are on the production line, so better pictures will follow when the sun comes out :)

They are raiders, but can be used for the other groups as hired or forced junkies working as luggers or excavators. Made from WGF indians with survivor weapons and SOTR russian heads.
I like the realistic proportions, they fit very well with hasslefree and brother Vinnie miniatures. They are the skinniest of my figures, but I think it works when you think of them as junkies.

Offline Illumini

• Bookworm
Re: Welcome to the apocalypse (TNT) - 8/2: Valkyr junkies
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 05:59:14 PM »
Got to play a couple games of TNT recently. My friend chose to take control of an Enclave patrol ready to bring back order and bring the wastelanders back under control of the government. I went with raiders.

Enclave Zeta Patrol
Lord Reclaimer, power armor, plasma rifle, light weapon, marksman, motivator, resourceful
3 Seekers, assault rifles, hazmat suits
2 Excavators, 2x light weapon, valkyr (berserker brew)
Heal-o-matic, clever, medic

The Reavers
Warlord, chainblade, light weapon, heavy armor, compound bow, psycho (berserker brew), motivator, strong point, spring heeled
Sawbones, rifle, medic
5 Wreckers, 2x light weapon, psycho
2 Wreckers, spear, psycho
Wrecker, heavy weapon, psycho

Rumours of a city buried under the sands of the wastelands have circulated in the wastelands for years. The wealth of relics from an entire unlooted pre-war city could make new kings and warlords in the wastes. Many loners and stalker groups have ventured out in search of this mythical city, few have returned, and over the years, more and more people thought it was merely a myth.

It was only very recently, after a duststorm raging for weeks that the myth was proven to be true. The immense winds moved the desert and uncovered large parts of the buried city. The jagged skyscrapers could be seen miles away. The jagged buildings worked as beacons on the factions of the wastes. Raiders, stalkers, the brotherhood and more have started the perilous journey into the wastes in search for riches and power.

And from the safety of an underground bunker, a new faction decided it was time to rise, the Enclave. The relics of the past could not be trusted to the miscreants above. Heavily armed, a patrol has made their way into the city to find and secure relics.

An army research office in the outskirts of the buried city is their primary target. However, another group has also made it to the city, raiders.   

The field:

The raiders deployed first and took advantage of their large numbers to threaten all three sides of the field. The enclave deployed together near the red building.

The raiders quickly moved up the field and got in position to take four of the objectives. The enclave moved up more timidly.

Under the influence of psycho, Motorhead, the wrecker with a heavy weapon, went into a rage when he spotted the cowardly enemy. He charged straight at them, revving his chainsaw and screaming obscenities. As he vaulted a trashed car, he stopped and screamed at his enemy. Perturbed, the Enclave soliders hesitated for a few seconds before reverting to their training and gunning the lunatic down.

His sacrifice did slow the Enclave patrol down however, and the raiders grab 4 pieces of pre-war tech while under fire. Fearing that the relics will go into the hands of savages, the Enclave leader sends his Valkyr junkies into the office building to fight bloody hand to hand combat with the raiders. The fighting is brutal, but it gives the Enclave enough breathing room to go for a relic. The Enclave commander also gets in position to defend the eyebot that unfortunately had a malfunction just as it reached the relic.

While the junkies fight for their lives, the seekers fire into the swirling melee, luckily managing to take out a raider and no junkies.

Below the Enclave commander, his Valkyr junkies are outnumbered and outmatched by the raider horde. The warlord himself smashes one of the junkies into a wall and roars a challenge to the power armored man. Two raiders even scale the floor and assault the commander himself.

The commander fights the raider savages with his bare knuckles while his seekers move away from the screaming psychoīs coming closer and closer. Jamming weapons at the wrong time allows the raider leader to catch one of them, sawing the man in two.

It looks dark for the Enclave patrol, but their tactical training allows them to fight on, and when the raider warlord goes down under a hail of lead, the tide turns. The commander powers through the two raiders assaulting him, the eyebot comes back online, and from a high vantage point, the seeker sergeant manages to keep the raiders of his buddy at the ground.

Their numbers quickly dwindling and with 5 out of 6 pre-war items in their possession, the raiders go on the defensive, going prone and hiding from the superior firepower of the Enclave patrol. The patrol takes advantage of the pause in the fighting to pull out of the sticky situation with their one pre-war item and their casualties, leaving the field to the raiders.

It ended in a raider win, although the Enclave turned the game around from the very bleak start, the raiderīs ability to quickly grab VP locations sealed the deal.

However, when you look at the casualties, it is less clear who really won  :)

The Enclave manages to find a working set of power armor and a lot of cash. One seeker dies, sawed in half by the raider warlord, while both junkies make it. With the money made, the Enclave buy an arbitrator and LMG to step into their new power armor and bring in a new seeker.

Two raiders die from their wounds. With the funds gained from selling off the pre-war items, the raiders also buy a heavy weapons trooper. This guy gets a rocket launcher and combat armor, ready to hunt power armored enemies. They also hire a raider with a rifle and a new wrecker.

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Re: Welcome to the apocalypse (TNT) - 14/2: Quick TNT Battle Report
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 07:15:00 PM »
Now that's a thrilling AAR.

Smashing table as well.  :-* Looking forward to more!

Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Mac Finn

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 12:06:48 AM »
Amazing Stuff! Keep it going :)
Remain Vigilant
Terry Mac

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 12:41:14 PM »
Great looking factions and a wonderful battle report. Just getting interested in this game and considering downloading the PDF rules. Can I ask where the Brotherhood Power armour figs are from?

Offline Illumini

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 07:11:31 PM »
@Mr. Peabody: Thanks! The terrain will only improve in the near(ish) future. I`ve ordered a lot of high quality buildings so I can phase out the GW buildings in favor of more realistic ones.

@Mac Finn: Thanks, I`ve got another AAR planned, just gotta find the time ;D

@General M@yhem: Thanks. The rules are very good, easy to learn and play and with seemingly a lot of depth. Easily worth the price IMO. The brotherhood figs are from brother Vinni: http://www.brother-vinni.com/shop.htm#!/Nuclear-sandlot/c/5965003/offset=0&sort=normal The quality of his miniatures is outstanding.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:13:21 PM by Illumini »

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 02:23:38 AM »
I`ve ordered a lot of high quality ...
Do tell?

We have gone the familiar route of scrounging for Plastiville cast-offs, but I would love to know more about other options!

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 04:11:02 AM »
Do tell?

We have gone the familiar route of scrounging for Plastiville cast-offs, but I would love to know more about other options!

Check out Woodland Scenics and Ameri-towne. Both have rather realistic O-scale buildings.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 04:33:42 AM »
Roger, roger.

Offline Illumini

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2016, 05:31:48 PM »
It is MDF terrain from Poland. I will wait until I have actually received the terrain before praising it. At the moment, it is radio silence from the store, so unless I get an answer during this week, the purchase might be off  >:(

The Plasticville terrain is unfortunately not very accessible in Europe. Shipping cost of 50 dollars for a single building make it a non-option pretty quickly.

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2016, 06:17:08 PM »
Check out Woodland Scenics and Ameri-towne. Both have rather realistic O-scale buildings.

Zizi,

do you know of an European source of Ameri-towne ? Shipping cost almost doubles the price it seems.
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline Illumini

• Bookworm
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 05:13:14 PM »
I would love some input from you guys. Iīm buying a new mat for more wasteland feeling, but I canīt decide which one to go for:
Option 1 - wastelands

Option 2 - badlands

Option 3 - urban wasteland

Store:
http://www.deepcutstudios.com/product-category/mats-size-4x4/page/2/

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2016, 12:43:55 AM »
Zizi,

do you know of an European source of Ameri-towne ? Shipping cost almost doubles the price it seems.

Alas, European railroad modellers seem to stick to HO and Z-scale  :'(
there's a listing on Amazon.co.uk, but prices are steep and they don't ship to Belgium...

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2016, 07:33:37 AM »
Alas, European railroad modellers seem to stick to HO and Z-scale  :'(
there's a listing on Amazon.co.uk, but prices are steep and they don't ship to Belgium...

Too bad, with shipping and possibly import taxes & customs handling fees buying from the US is out of my price range.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2016, 01:29:22 PM »
Too bad, with shipping and possibly import taxes & customs handling fees buying from the US is out of my price range.

Hear, hear!
I've bought my fair share of models and kits in the states, but when they tripled postage costs to EU some years ago that was the end of it  :'(