Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690326
  • Total Topics: 118325
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: First couple of questions  (Read 3553 times)

Offline jasper

• Bookworm
First couple of questions
« on: February 09, 2016, 09:07:04 PM »
Hi,

After the demo of Malebolgia at PolderCon (see his topic in this forum), I want to know more!
1) the solo deck and twisted fate deck is not available on the website. Is there a PnP version of those decks?
2) can you play without the twisted fate deck?
3) how are the experiences with the solo deck? Is it worth it, does it play well?
4) (if uncle mike is watching) when will the decks become available again?

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Re: First couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 09:17:32 PM »
Jasper,

No doubt U.M. will swing by to respond regarding restock / reprinting of the Solo & Twisted Fate decks...

Meanwhile, you most definitely can play without the Twisted Fate Deck. It's cool, but not essential. While it sure does add suitable chaos to any game when you do use it, we find the game to be plenty fun without.

I'm curious about the Solo Deck too...

-TR

Hi,

After the demo of Malebolgia at PolderCon (see his topic in this forum), I want to know more!
1) the solo deck and twisted fate deck is not available on the website. Is there a PnP version of those decks?
2) can you play without the twisted fate deck?
3) how are the experiences with the solo deck? Is it worth it, does it play well?
4) (if uncle mike is watching) when will the decks become available again?

Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 09:40:43 PM »
The Twisted Fate deck is just one of the Plot Points that the Lurker player can select when designing up his list (Although I do really like it). By the rules, it can only be used every other game. There are numerous other Plot Point selections that enhance the Lurker's force.

I have started playing with the Solo Deck and find that it is a very good addition to the game. It adds the aspect that what you see the Lurker should do is not necessarily what they will do and I feel that I am playing an opponent instead of just myself.

Lem  :)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 06:49:02 AM »
Ha! Good to see Jasper :)
Concerning the Fate Deck, I would use it every game. It's just the kind of tool that you want to have in each game to add mayhem, madness and fun. Some card are a bit insane (like Sunday's favorite "Divine Intervention"), but it still doesn't lead to absurd situations.
And if the Solo deck will be out of print for a while, you can get mine. No problem!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline jasper

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 09:40:41 AM »
Tnx Malebolgia! Looking forward to the solo deck.

Litebrite good to hear about the solo deck.

And Mr. Peabody, you are probably the same as Peabody in the Fields of Fire Reloaded forum? I will let you know about the solo deck once I got a couple of games in.

Offcourse more questions arise.
5) I want to create my own tokens, what tokens do I need and how many? (is the set in the webshop a good refference? are 2 face up and 2 face down tokens enough and what do the skull tokens stand for?)
6) In the resources on the website is a pdf with twisted fate cards for the 1st edition. Can I use these in 2nd edition or is ther much difference with the new deck?

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 04:32:10 PM »
And Mr. Peabody, you are probably the same as Peabody in the Fields of Fire Reloaded forum?
Yessir, that's me.

I want to create my own tokens, what tokens do I need and how many?
We regularly use Face Up, Face Down, Jammed, On Fire, Poisoned, Stunned and Major Injury markers. We also have Chill markers, but have yet to use them.

Fire tends to get 'splashed about' quite a lot so we have eight fire tokens. Only four or so of jam, poison, stun & chill. Twelve each of face up and face down. It's not unusual for us to have more than two players, so we need the numbers.

And those 'skull' markers? We would use those to tag any model that had been removed as a Major Injury for the post-game sequence. We stand our Major Injury models on little 'blood pools' cut out of red card so they stand out from all the Minor Injury models. I think we have eight or nine of these.

In the resources on the website is a pdf with twisted fate cards for the 1st edition. Can I use these in 2nd edition or is there much difference with the new deck?
I thought they were the same, but now you have me wondering!  ???

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 07:04:50 PM »
Nope, alas...not the same. Here you can see them together with my long OOP and ultra-rare plastic Twisted Fate deck:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5DDC64681775BA19!6952&authkey=!AFCSvDxie9REXb4&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

So the new 2nd edition deck has 5 new cards. Like the 1st edition Twisted Fate deck, all cards come in threes. So the first deck had 24 cards and the new one 39 cards. If it was the same you could have my 2nd edition deck...but since they are different I'll hold on to them :)

Offline jasper

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 10:22:08 PM »
I have a churchill with tommygun (warlord) waiting and some dead man's hand models I can use as treshold agents.
I got some other agents and the solo deck coming my way. Also a set of pulp figure cultists and some monsters from the reaper bones series and RAFM.
Printed the pdf i bought at strange aeons and the 1st edition twisted fate cards.

I think I am good to go when all arrives ;-)

If only I had the copplestone 15mm cthulhu statue... But paying more shipping then modelcost...

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 07:08:21 AM »
Check out Fenris Games. He has looooaaaaads of awesome Cthulhu stuff!

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 05:11:12 AM »
Late to the party here...all answered I think.  :)

Offline jasper

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 08:51:13 AM »
Late to the party here...all answered I think.  :)

No problem Mike, the community is helpful as always.  Now I have to wait for some models to arrive from belgium, Germany and the Netherlands ;-)