Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:12:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Schneerim in 15mm: 3D printed castle on page 3  (Read 10474 times)

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Schneerim in 15mm: 3D printed castle on page 3
« on: February 11, 2016, 03:04:56 PM »
Video games are sometime inspiring, so I work since a few month on a Skyrim's parody taking place in a country surrounded by the Scheizzes Moutains. The solo home rules will be card driven, three cards to attack (horizontal slash, vertical slash and thrusting) and the corresponding three card to defend. Each character will have two gauge, one for the health and one for stamina. Each stroke given will lower the stamina depending on the weapon used. The hero choose a card (attack or defense), and a random card is drawed for the villain.
There will be cards for weapons, armours and loot, allowing an upgrade of the characters. Loot will also be used to do some alchemy, several ingredient giving a stamina or health potion (and maybe poison).
Rules are a very light draft at this time, painting and scenery are a priority.
I already made a mill at the end of the past year, and received miniatures for the T'alamort Justiciar, Umpire, Foulmehr etc...
A few peaceful citizen have been painted: a thief, Aquatarcus the bard, Bonethor the merchant, a noble and his wife, another annoying bard

The self proclaimed masters of the Scheizz: T'alamort Justiciar

Everybody loves spiders. When they are dead. Spiders are the Schneerim's curse. I need more of them. And bigger.

The mill...

Only a few years should be necessary to complete this project.  :D

Best regards

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 09:00:10 PM by Teardrop World »

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Sheizrim in 15mm
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 03:38:05 PM »
Only a few years should be necessary to complete this project.  :D

FANTASTIC! Don't rush the process; imagine what a life time of crafting could produce. All your pieces are BEAUTIFUL little creations. VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Stéphane

• Scientist
    • Les Vicissitudes ludiques (text in french, pictures in color)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 05:13:27 PM »
I don't know what is "Sheizrim" (looks strange in Geman this name :D ) But I will follow this thread for the mini and the scenery.

Stéphane
Les Vicissitudes Ludiques (french text, but colored picutres)

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 08:07:37 PM »
I don't know what is "Sheizrim" (looks strange in Geman this name :D ) But I will follow this thread for the mini and the scenery.

Stéphane
Well, hum..... effectively this is a strange name. In the center of a fictional continent was originally a country named "Schweis", but the people living here was prisonners locked by the Alps: a rim of high mountains populated by monsters. So much poor travellers disappeared that the natives called those mountains Scheis... Scheizzes. A name evoking a great misfortune. Citizens of the countries surrounding the mountain rim called eventually Schweis "Scheizrim". In french: Bordem***e. Auf deutsch: hum.... I don't really zpeak deutzch... lol

Offline throwsFireball

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 08:13:41 PM »
I think he's joking because "shit" in German is "scheisse". :p

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 06:10:14 PM »
Here are some generic terrain piece. First, the funeral mound - bringing happiness to the heart of the lone wanderer. Is a long forgotten loot hidden beneath?

Conveniently placed to call a butler, the gong is also scaring a not so stealth thieve.

In every city, the dealers can sell you fresh maggots packed in fruits. Pomz is a french word, in english: Applz.

Beautiful monuments are scattered through Scheizrim, bringing inspiration for the bards

You can find sometime the entrance of a deep dark dungeon, where a woeful adventurer found his tragic end (or worst). Is the place filled with monsters, or only mundane rogues?

The cage is made with soldered wire and copper sheet, a little bit difficult to work with. I'm actually building more cages but plan to use cardboard for the hinges, copper sheet is really hard to cut at this scale.

Offline throwsFireball

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 06:29:43 PM »
God damn, your terrain does look nice.

Offline Stéphane

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 06:30:30 PM »
I love your scenery.
How do you make your books and your shelves ? They looks great.

Stéphane

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 06:39:31 PM »
Hi,

Shelves, beds, closets, doors are made in a 3D software, then printed by a print service. I do a few adjustement then make molds and cast them in resin (beds in metal). The books are included in the 3D object, but small furniture on the shelves are added later.

Best regards

Offline Stéphane

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 07:25:24 AM »
Shelves, beds, closets, doors are made in a 3D software, then printed by a print service. I do a few adjustement then make molds and cast them in resin (beds in metal). The books are included in the 3D object, but small furniture on the shelves are added later.

You draw your own 3D files or you have Found/buy they somewhere ?
This 3D printing looks very good, We didn't see the layers.
Is it a local or internet 3D printed service you use ?

Thanks for your answers.

Stéphane

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 08:27:44 PM »
You draw your own 3D files or you have Found/buy they somewhere ?
This 3D printing looks very good, We didn't see the layers.
Is it a local or internet 3D printed service you use ?

Thanks for your answers.

Stéphane

3D models for printing are not modeled the same manner than other 3D: you need to have a "waterproof" model with all faces oriented to the outside. Models that you find on the web are generally not designed this way. I discovered "Blender" a few years ago, who has some feature for printing (Mesh normals, non-manifold etc.). It take a huge amount of time to draw a very simple object when you are just an amateur.

I use a printing service from the same country as the 3D sofware. You can choose the printing material, low detail is cheap but very granular (a pain to paint or to mold). High resolution material (Ultra Frosted or more) is very expensive, transparent and very good for molds.

Bookshelves, beds and closets are Ultra Frosted. Accessory shelves are with cheaper material and I used a plastic putty to cover the granularity.
Barrels are modeled by five in a row and are the most expensive 3D object I made, the cannons are at 1/100 scale, modeled according a 19th century plan (Halcon). I had a bad surprise with the cannon prints, and a modification of the object rotation has been necessary.

Best regards

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 09:05:46 AM »
I want to live there!

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Re: Schneerim in 15mm
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 06:37:33 PM »
Finally snowing!!! The roads where white for the first time this winter  >:( but only for one day   ;D

Decided to rename my project to "Schneerim" (Snowrim in english). I wasn't aware of a special thing between english and german language  ???, and less vulgarity is better.

Soo, painted a few Foulmehrs, based on ghouls. There wasn't bows and I tried a clumsy conversion.

Painted. The result is a little bit gritty, and as the Foulmehr live only underground I'm not planning to add grass to the bases. But maybe mushrooms? If somebody have an idea on how to do such little things in 15mm???

Also working on a new piece of scenery, some pictures will be on the Workbench part of the forum.

Best regards

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 04:12:01 PM »
All looks very good.
Looking forward to following this project and seeing your first game. keep posting.
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline Shaved Dwarf

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 08:07:27 PM »
Ah, Fantasy in 15mm, very creditable.

I wouldn't call your conversion clumsy, it's 15mm after all and that's much more fiddly than 28mm.

Concerning your question about sculpting mushrooms I can't say I did it, but if I wanted to, I'd take a piece of wire (not too thin, the one on the right archer seems to be appropriate) for the stem. I'd cut a piece long enough to serve me as a handle while sculpting. After that I'd stick the wire in somewhere (foam, cardboard, ...) until the putty of the mushrooms head has cured. With the handle you even may paint the mushroom before you fix it to the base, if you want. Well, in the end, simply cut the wire so that the mushroom remains with a stem as long as you consider it fitting and fix it to the base.