Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:08:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Vinyl Maps from AdventureCraft Feedback requested  (Read 1719 times)

Offline GlennM

• Schoolboy
Vinyl Maps from AdventureCraft Feedback requested
« on: February 11, 2016, 04:40:04 PM »
So I lost my old account and had to start a new one.  I make dungeon maps, right now all print and play on Drive-Thru RPG.  I want to start doing some printed Vinyl mats, and wanted to get some feedback from the larger gaming community including folks who I won't know. 
Each mat will be 22" square playable space (24" total, but I left a bit of space to prevent any spaces from being cut) printed on vinyl, making them waterproof and you can use wet erase markers with them should you want to.  There are going to be two series.  The Adventure series are designed to be used with RPG's and that style of game.  And the battlefield series that are designed to be used for skirmish games like Song of Blades and Heroes, Super Dungeon Explore and similar games. 

Here are the first two Adventure maps.
The Tomb map

Here is the prototype print

WIP Dungeon Map

And here is a WIP of the Battlefield Lava Caverns Mat

Feedback is really appreciated guys!

Online majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Vinyl Maps from AdventureCraft Feedback requested
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 04:42:32 PM »
I love the tomb map! Nice colors

Offline GlennM

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 08:26:18 PM »
Thanks, that is the photo the manufacturer sent me, I'm waiting for the actual package. 

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 09:27:50 PM »
Looks good so far. I recommend the modular boards from Rackham's Hybrid boardgame (and Nemesis expansion) for inspiration, the BGG gallery has lots of pics. Also, an option could be to offer the rooms and hallways seperately for a completely modular setup, or semi-modular like Hybrid where the map tiles are smaller, with a few rooms and hallways, but they can be arranged in different configurations for added replayability.

You couldalso add some more clutter on the floors, like pieces of linen wrap for the tomb, or paper scraps and scattered pieces of clothing or bones for  the dungeon. Kinda like the HeroQuest board.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:29:21 PM by Cherno »

Offline GlennM

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 10:05:47 PM »
Cherno, I already make tilesets that can be printed and are modular, this is for those that need to drop a mat and go, or have space concerns as mats like this tent to take a bit less space. 

Interestingly, I was asked to reduce clutter stuff more than add it, but that was on the tomb mat, the dungeon one isn't completed yet and I haven't settled on a lot of it. 

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 12:44:34 AM »
I would support removing clutter as well..many of these modular boards become utterly useless as they're far too cluttered and defined to be used for various events.  The Dungeon Saga tiles were a terrible example of "way too much specific content" on each of the tiles.

I think your maps look good.  It never hurts to have some options.  It's also a nice option for people looking to expand old board games like Hero Quest etc.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline GlennM

• Schoolboy
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 01:02:08 AM »
It's actually something I've noticed as well.  As a stretch goal for the mats I intended to make printable PDF's of rooms with some other features.  Also things like pits and doors.  That way people can print out and customize things if they want, but the base map is still more flexible. 

Offline GlennM

• Schoolboy
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 06:28:57 PM »
Got my copy in the mail of the Tomb map, it turned out excellent.  I am super happy with the quality and we'll be certain to get these running. Also I may adore Chibi miniatures, hence the pile of them shown. 

Online majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 10:09:45 PM »
Looks great!