Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:45:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Thargor starts Frostgrave  (Read 3600 times)

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Thargor starts Frostgrave
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 07:35:00 AM »
Sounds like you had fun.

1 yes you can choose not to move

2 yes you can do anything first but if you want two actions one has to be move. So you could move and then shoot or shoot and then move, but you can't shoot and then shoot again. Only the crossbowman can use two actions without moving by shooting then reloading.

3 no I think the 1" move is just an option if both survive the combat as away of disengaging. If you kill your opponent I think you just continue your turn as normal

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
Re: Thargor starts Frostgrave
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 08:45:38 AM »
1.  Compulsory movement action - can you choose not to move and just surrender this action?

2.  You decide to activate your Wizard and 3 figures within 3" - do you have to declare this before taking any actions?  Does movement have to be the first action for all of the figures?

3.  If you take somebody out in melee, do you get to move back 1" just as you could if you had beaten them and they had not died?
1. Yes.

2. There are two types of activation in this case:
a) you decide to activate upto 3 soldiers with the wizard in the wizard's phase - you can activate these models one-by-one, each model takes both it's actions but does NOT have to make it's movement action first
b) you decide to activate the wizard and upto 3 soldiers as a Group Activation - in this case each model must take one action then each can take it's second action in any order you choose. This first activation HAS to be movement action first.

3. RAW I'd say yes - the push back rule says "once a winner has been determined", and a model that kills it's opponent has obviously "won", and the model can't push it's opponent back nor stay in combat (as they're not there) but it there is nothing to forbid it stepping back itself.
However, if the model was out-numbered in combat and defeated one opponent note it can't step out of combat with the other enemy (in the FAQ).
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"