Forum > Workbench

The less-than-brilliant modelling club

(1/53) > >>

Vanvlak:
This is far from official, should not exist whilst another club thread is running, and has no badge (not sure anyone would want one anyway). But it could be fun listing the less than inspirational moments in modelling we've had. I just had one:

No. 1: Undercoat spraying in black on a dark night on a dimly lit roof
This is because of LPL Season 10, for which I'm late in spite of the very early warning this year. I could barely see the models, let alone whether I was hitting them with the template weapon (anyone remember that old Adrian Wood pic when he was spraying orks?). Ending up going in and out to see what I'd covered, using a torch, and generally wasting more spray on the old chair I use as a support for spraying than the models. I missed managed to miss one model's butt 4 times....  :?

Elk101:
I like the idea.

No. 2 Not reading the spray can prior to spraying

Essentially waterproofing the second hand (yet still the most expensive Old West building I have) Battle Flag Bordello by spraying it with thick white gloss paint instead of matt, creating a fully submersible terrain piece that shrugs of any further paint as if deflector shields really existed.

nic-e:
No.3 Actually reading the instructions on army painter spray.

It says to spray from about 15 cm away. IT lies. I have a whole box of wargames factory greeks that are now featureless white blobs due to the very thick primer going on and instantly drying into a perfect unbreakable crust.

Hammers:
No. 4 Spraying matt spray in 50% humidity conditions

Ending up with a miniature with a severe case of dandruff dusting his whole person.

Za Zjurman:
No. 5 Putting a new blade on your hobby knife and forget about it...

... and the next day using the same force as if it was the blunt old knife. Resulting it being stuck in your thumb (happens to me every time). Can't seem to learn from precious mistakes.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version