Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:23:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My X-Wing Stuff  (Read 11895 times)

Offline Sir Dryden

• The Michael Bolton Guy
  • Scientist
Re: My X-Wing Stuff
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 02:48:05 AM »
Thanks guys, I should be posting some more pics this week-end. Nothing as big as the Mobquet, I'm afraid, but still, some more stuff.

Huesped, I'm glad you like it. You can keep that kidney though...

Jimbibbly, I can't wait to see what you do with the CloakShape. It means a lot to me that you like my builds. I might sound a bit like a groupie, but hey, I'm a big fan.

Offline Sir Dryden

• The Michael Bolton Guy
  • Scientist
Re: My X-Wing Stuff (Tokens, markers, etc 03/17)
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 01:28:06 AM »
Hello to all and thanks for the kind words. Without further delay, some pictures.

First up, an escape pod and some shield generators cleverly hidden on asteroids.

The escape pod (with Interceptor for scale purposes) is mostly made out of parts of a pen and sheet styrene. It's inspired by the often-seen escape pods in Star Wars: Rebels (the animated show). I like the design and I think I captured the feel of it rather well.

Next, it's a trio of shield generators. The recently released Imperial Assault Carrier comes with a mini-campaign that features these as objectives. The "generating" part (those little angular balls on top) were originally plastic necklace beads. My girlfriend kindly donated a bunch of them to me and it's the second time I use them (there's a couple of them on the Mobquet, but they're hard to spot among the clutter).

A group shot of my mines and satellites, with a TIE Bomber for scale. I used shorter rods to base these because I wanted them to be closer to the "ground" just as I wanted the asteroids to be higher. This makes them easier to game around and somewhat prevents them from constant contact with starfighters and/or sausage-fingered gaming partners...

The satellites were mostly made with styrene tubing, pen parts and pins. The design is a simplified version of the art on the cardboard tokens they're meant to replace.

Finally, the mines from the Rebel Transport missions. I tried doing something closer to the cardboard token art but failed miserably, so I threw these together instead. They're not the greatest, but since they're supposed to explode anyway, I can live with them... I made an "effect" six-sided die that I forgot to photograph. This effect die randomizes the outcome of an exploding mine instead of having a token-specific result. Posting a pic of the die would be a whole lot clearer, so I'll try doing that soon.

So, there you have it, a bunch of tokens and markers. I still have a few of these to make as well as some more ships, so keep an eye open as I'll update this thread when I have some pictures to show.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 06:54:01 AM »
I'd say they are all very successful. Great work.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 07:08:53 AM »
They look grand  :-*

I really admire your patience in making multiple ones, I've never been able to do that  8)

Jimbibbly, I can't wait to see what you do with the CloakShape. It means a lot to me that you like my builds. I might sound a bit like a groupie, but hey, I'm a big fan.

Thanks but it might be a while yet, plenty of other thing to do  ::) lol

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 12:26:23 PM »
Great stuff!
I particularly like the satellites.
 8) 8)

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 01:00:11 PM »
Fantastic tread! I love scratch-build models!

Offline Sir Dryden

• The Michael Bolton Guy
  • Scientist
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2016, 04:11:22 PM »
Hi to all,

Another small update today. In my quest to replace X-Wing's cardboard tokens with actual minis, I built some cargo containers.

They are inspired by cargo containers seen on the Rebels TV show. I didn't want to recreate the containers seen on the cardboard tokens because I'm not a big fan of the look. Those were inspired by the X-Wing video games, and even though I have fond memories of the games, the dated 3D isn't that appealing to me. I'm not saying mine are that much better, but at least they look like containers... Here are a few detailed shots.

I've just realized I forgot to take a picture with a ship for scaling reference. I guess I'll be posting some more pics later! 

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2016, 05:51:03 PM »
I like them as well  8)

cheers

James

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2016, 07:12:26 PM »
Yup, I like them too.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2016, 07:20:57 PM »
Very nice.
I really like the sense of movement in them.
 8) 8)

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
  • "-El Emperador no es tan magnánimo como yo"
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 08:56:13 PM »
WOw , you're building quita a lot of scenario material.  I bet each of your games are colorfull and funny!! .
Congrats again!!!!!!

Offline Sir Dryden

• The Michael Bolton Guy
  • Scientist
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2016, 03:31:39 AM »
It's been a while since I updated this thread. Summertime and real life kept me away from the workbench, but now that autumn is here, it's time for a little threadomancy.

(BTW, I hope this is okay. I could've started a new thread, but since this one already exists, I thought I should just add to it.)

So, without further delay, here's my Corellian Star Shuttle.

I started working on it late last spring. It's finally done. I'm quite happy with the finished thing, even though it's poorly balanced because of the weight of the engines. Here's a few more pictures of it.

It's entirely scratchbuilt. It's far from being a perfect replica of the movie version, but it's a close enough match. After all, it's basically a pimped up token from the X-Wing core set... It's scaled at 1/500, the standard X-Wing ''Huge'' scale. Here's a couple of comparison shots.

I hope you guys like it. As usual, comments are welcome.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2016, 03:58:46 AM »
Cracking work  8) 8) 8)

It really looks the part  :)

cheers

James

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2016, 04:25:58 AM »
I hope you guys like it.

Like it?
I love it!
 :-* :-*

Good to see that you are back onto this project.
 8)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2016, 05:52:23 AM »
That's lovely that is!