Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:22:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Badab War: Updated 4/8 Fire Hawks Contemptor Dreadnought, page 3  (Read 9885 times)

Offline Pizzagrenadier

• Librarian
    • Pizzagrenadier's Miniature Wargaming Blog
Re: Badab War: Updated 4/8 Fire Hawks Contemptor Dreadnought, page 3
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2016, 06:06:21 PM »
A few days ago I had no idea what the Badab War was, and just assumed Badab Black was another nonsense name for some overpriced pots of paint.

Now I have found what must be my favorite bit of 40k flufftext!  Your Firehawks in particular look so damn good I actually looked through the old hobby closet, found a bunch of early 2nd edition marines that my dad had purchased and then discarded, and now I think I'm going to try and copy your colors.  I looked up the original, and the black shoulderpad and accents really brings your unit together.

Seriously, though, why am I only just learning about these chapters now?  The way the TO&E reads, the Badab War feels more like a Battletech campaign with different and colorful units moving throughout a wide operational zone attempting to accomplish strategic objectives than it does a Warhammer 40k grim and nonsensical clash of infantry when orbital bombardment or airstrikes would make more sense.

Wow! Well, thank you and I'm glad the fluff and my efforts could inspire you! The Badab War is so full of 40k gaming opportunities that go beyond the ridiculous grim dark we are used to with 40k. You are exactly right. It has strategic and tactical nuances. I especially like that it's a civil war between Imperial forces that doesn't involve chaos (though Huron falls to Chaos in the end). The idea that a section of the Imperium could secede due to genuine political issues and not malice or evil is really neat. I love the different campaigns and how the chapters are defending worlds for strategic reasons.

If you haven't read them, the Imperial Armour books on the Badab War are simply excellent background reading. Though a lot of the same stuff is on the Badab War 40k Wiki.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm going to really be expanding these forces over the next year. I hope to expand my Badb War project to the naval battles using Battlefleet Gothic (if it ever gets rereleased as has been planned). Hopefully a genuine campaign down the road.

Keith

Pizzagrenadier's Miniature Wargaming Blog:http://thisveryblog.blogspot.com

Instagram: Pizzagrenadier