Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690462
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Clearing a Fazongolese shantytown  (Read 1964 times)

Offline winterborn

• Bookworm
Clearing a Fazongolese shantytown
« on: December 16, 2008, 07:18:53 AM »
Just had my first game (solo play) of Ambush Alley. Very cool and fun.

A SAS fireteam and SEALs fireteam were assigned to probe a shanty town in Fazongo. They entered from the southeast and quickly moved into the town. A militia squad spotted the SAS and opened fire, not even hitting one SAS. The SAS returned fire, killing one and driving the others into a shanty. Another militia squad ran toward the sound of firing, straight into the guns of the SEALs at point blank range. Needless to say, they were no more. Both the SAS and SEALs occupied adjoining buildings as more militia approached.

Thes SAS continued to fire on the first squad to the west, killing the leader and another rifleman, the other two rifles fled. One of the northern squads occupied a building next to the SEALS and they traded shots, with the Africans losing men, and the SEALs taking a minor casualty. The last African squad moved down the main street firing at the SAS, but were too far away for their spray and pray to have any effect.

The SEALS continued to pour fire into the neighbouring squad, killing half and forcing the rest to flee, while the SAS whittled down the remaining squad. This squad continued to advance, wounding one of the SAS troopers. Not realising the SEALS had the building in line of sight, the northern squad took refuge in a shanty, before being cut down by a withering crossfire from the SAS and SEALs.

Result was a victory for the SAS/SEALs, but subsequently a lot of militia turned up in the north and west, and the SAS and SEALS decided that discretion was the better part of valor when there was obviously a lot more militia in the shantytown than intelligence was aware of. Clearing this shanty would require a company of infantry with vehicle support.

All in all, love the rules, tho I modified them a bit to suit myself. Recommend them for small scale modern skirmishing.
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be the light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winter born

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Re: Clearing a Fazongolese shantytown
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 09:24:19 AM »
sounds good - who distributes them?

Offline winterborn

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:36:20 AM »
Ambush Alley Games.

http://www.ambushalleygames.com/

The basic premise is the (nearly) universal rule of 4+. You roll your die, based on your level ranging from d6 (militia) thru to d12 (best of Delta etc..) Easy rules, with the action being driven by your Regulars, with Insurgents reacting to Regular actions. Very fluid. Also good for small numbers of models, i.e. 12 Regulars and 30 insurgents would be enough for most scenarios. You can get some specific model and scenario packs put together by Rebel minis, but only in 15mm. Unfortunately i game 28mm.
They have expanded rules for vehicles and a number of scenario packs. Also do Ambush Z, basicaly spec ops clearing out zombies from third world hellholes. Very nice zombie gaming.
They are developing Force on Force which allows for regulars fighting regulars, and man on man which is more cinematic and super-elite type troops.
They have a forum and yahoo group if you want to know more.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 03:39:26 PM »
Thanks for link, and the summary!

:)