Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:40:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Comparison shots of ranges  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Prof. Dietrich Hes

• Librarian
Comparison shots of ranges
« on: July 12, 2006, 06:48:37 PM »

just a quick shot of some of the bigger name manufacturers side by side.

The Cardinal is pretty typical of the height of the Redoubt range, but you can see that when in the typical "swashbuckling" pose, they do reduce in height a bit and can mix a bit better with the others

again, exciuse the crappy painting.  I am getting ready for a playtest this weekend and I want ot have painted figures.

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 10:08:42 PM »
I am really surprised at the size of the Redoubt figures. I have a lot of Old Glory and Foundry, with the Redoubt musketeers on the way.

Oh well. Won't stop me from buying across lines.

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 10:28:07 PM »
Pete,
  if you look at the otehr figures from the redoubt range they fit in very well with the other manufacturers.  Personally, I dont mind if the "Heros" are bigger than the rest.  After all, if you ever saw me next to John Holly, you would understand my point.  Not everyone is made the same height  :)

I dont think you will go wrong, especially since they are not in formed units, it will be a bit harder to tell the difference.

looking forward to seeing your setup.

Offline Howard Whitehouse

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 10:59:41 PM »
I've painted all the Redoubt figures for a customer, and one day I'll get them for myself. They are VERY large by the standards of historical 28mms, although probably not compared to Reaper and other 'heroic fantasy' 28mms. My other swashbuckler figures are all Foundry, from the samll Elizabethan range done by Mike Owen, and quite robust by most standards. They look shrimpy in comparison with the Redoubt range - which, however, is wide enough to cover almost everything you need.
I do all my own stunts

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 02:39:08 PM »
Howard,
  I agree, while Idont like the size Redoubt picked for their figures, there is almost little need for other manufacturers.  currently I have around 28-30 Redoubt figures with a few Reaper thrown in for townsfolk and such.  I might supplement a few from Foundry or Old glory for special characters, but other than that I am happy weith my collection.

Now I just need to finish painting them..............