Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:11:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689643
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Russians try to take over Christmas Town! Picture heavy!  (Read 6658 times)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Russians try to take over Christmas Town! Picture heavy!
« on: December 19, 2008, 11:16:03 AM »

That time of year again.

The outskirts of Christmas Town. A small cottage is used as outpost for the forces of Christmas to guard their borders. Little do they expect that the red horde is making it's way to them!

Horrible snowmen and evil elves make of the Christmas forces.

The russians start a cautious advance through this mockery landscape of perveted christmas evil!

Father Bazooka is standing ready to greet the russians with a nice fragmentation round.

Father Christmas orders his little elves forwards.

Overview after turn 1.

The russian captain Boris is leading his men ever forward to an uncertain fate.

It is safe to say that Christmas Town was not overrun this year. The russians tried hard to advance, but given the deployment they had to go waaaaaay to much to secure the objectives.

The rules worked very well indeed. I used Future War Commander with some ammendments of my own - specifically a deck of cards containing all the leaders who could start activating when their card was drawn. The close combat system was also changed a bit to be more like the LOTR way of splitting fight down into the smallest possible numbers.

My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Re: Russians try to take over Christmas Town! Picture heavy!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 11:30:18 AM »
Very nice! You made up quite a powerful force of Christmas defenders 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Unforgiven

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 01:06:45 PM »
Hahah thats great :)
Where are the ruskies from?

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 01:25:52 PM »
Those are actually from Black Tree Design.

I apologize for the appalling quality of the photos.. my camera was rather disturbed by the white cover.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 01:51:23 PM »
That's great, I loved the Christmas decorations in the undergrowth. Do you do this every year?

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 02:14:09 PM »
That's great, I loved the Christmas decorations in the undergrowth. Do you do this every year?

Yes, we have a "christmas special" every year - or have had for the last 3. Last years was "Santa Claws" filled with zombies and christmas.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »
Excellent...! There was something similar at Triples this year but I can't remember who put it on.

I took some pics at the time but haven't quite worked out how to paste them to a message here.

Doug :(

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 03:30:37 PM »
Excellent...! There was something similar at Triples this year but I can't remember who put it on.

I took some pics at the time but haven't quite worked out how to paste them to a message here.

I have zero in all my internet skills. I just upload images to a photobucket and let it do the work.  ;D

That's part of the reason I haven't got a homepage either. I tried to use a blog as template for one... but I can't work out how to do subpages and the like so I've just given in..

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 03:50:12 PM »
Looks like a nice and fun game! One fluff issue, though, why did the Ruskies require their opponents to be "an evil perverted version of Christmas land"?!?

I´m sure they could justify their actions by referring to the obvious decadent western practice of making an oppressive religious holiday a period of commerce. Alternatively, the oppressed Elven workers committee(TM) could have "appealed for help" to release them from Santa´s slavery and be given the chance to work in the Permafrust People´s Toy Factory over at Minusgrad, Siberia.

lol

;)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 03:55:40 PM »
Looks like a nice and fun game! One fluff issue, though, why did the Ruskies require their opponents to be "an evil perverted version of Christmas land"?!?

I´m sure they could justify their actions by referring to the obvious decadent western practice of making an oppressive religious holiday a period of commerce. Alternatively, the oppressed Elven workers committee(TM) could have "appealed for help" to release them from Santa´s slavery and be given the chance to work in the Permafrust People´s Toy Factory over at Minusgrad, Siberia.

lol

;)

The russians suspected that the Cult Leader called Father Christmas was in league with Adolf and Heinrich.  :D

Sadly I didn't manage to finish the weinachtspanzer IV that I had in store for the christmas people.. I had it all thought out with light chains and holly!

Michael (the guy in the photos) and I decided that next year's show will be an assault on Santa's factory indeed. With eureka tricorne wearing propgun wielding teddy bears as guards of course.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 03:57:58 PM by Thorbjørn Nielsen »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 05:07:38 PM »

I have zero in all my internet skills. I just upload images to a photobucket and let it do the work.  ;D

That's part of the reason I haven't got a homepage either. I tried to use a blog as template for one... but I can't work out how to do subpages and the like so I've just given in..

OK - here goes. This is not my game (unfortunately) - I just took a few pics with my phone camera.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/CannonOlympus01/Polar%20Wars/DSC00303S300.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/CannonOlympus01/Polar%20Wars/DSC00300S300.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/CannonOlympus01/Polar%20Wars/DSC00311S300.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/CannonOlympus01/Polar%20Wars/DSC00310S300.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/CannonOlympus01/Polar%20Wars/DSC00309S300.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/CannonOlympus01/Polar%20Wars/DSC00305S300.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/CannonOlympus01/Polar%20Wars/DSC00306S300.jpg

Doug

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 05:10:26 PM »
Hmmm - why didn't mine end up on the page like your did, Thorbjørn?

Doug

Offline Le matou rouge

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 07:57:50 PM »
Hmmm - why didn't mine end up on the page like your did, Thorbjørn?

Doug

You have to add tags at your url : [img] in front of it and at the back  /img between [] too (i can't type them cause they'll activate  >:()

It should look like this :

[img]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/CannonOlympus01/Polar%20Wars/DSC00303S300.jpg[*/img] 

without the blue * of course  ;)

Or you could select your pic's url and then click on the "Insert Image" icon in the menu (2nd line, 3rd row)

I hope this helps, but if I'm not clear, don't hesitate to tell : I'm sure someone more efficient will help very soon ...

Matt

PS : you could quote the next post to see how it is coded.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 03:35:23 PM by Le matou rouge »
We are the Village Green Preservation Society
We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular
Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula
Ray Davies

Offline Le matou rouge

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 08:07:49 PM »

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 02:27:02 PM »
That scenario just made me happy! I'm envisioning Reindeer calvary units, a death sleigh..... 

On a related note, have you ever read the "Lobo Paramilitary special"? Theres a short film on Youtube too.