Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:40:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690523
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) BrigadeGames.com Post-Apocalyptic Kickstarter Starts March 15th  (Read 9673 times)

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
Thanks!

Only $350 to meet the funding goal.

Then on to the stretch goals.

Lon Weiss
BrigadeGames
Boot Hill

http://www.BrigadeGames.com

http://www.BrigadeGamesMinis.com

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/brigadegames

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrigadeGames

IG: https://www.instagram.com/BrigadeGames<br /

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
Funded!

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
On to the stretch goals.

(Note I have been packing the stock trailer and truck all day as we leave for the Cold Wars convention tomorrow)

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
Wastelanders 1 and 2 painted by Dave Taylor.

Closing in on stretch goal #1

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brigadegames/28mm-post-apocalyptic-wastelanders-and-survivors

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
Based on some feedback from friends and backers I have made some adjustments in order to move forward through the stretch goals. I have broken each of packs into single figure goals which can be added to your pledge when unlocked.

I have also moved around the Freebee stretch goals for Warlord backers and above (all other backers can add them at the cost listed when unlocked.)

The updated BrigadeGames Wastelanders KS campaign is here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brigadegames/28mm-post-apocalyptic-wastelanders-and-survivors/description

"Double Wastelander" Free Figure - Lastly, in conjunction with the Kickstarter for "This is not a Test" Post-Apocalyptic Rules by Joseph McGuire which is also currently running, I will be make 1 of these miniatures of "Poppet" available for Free for each backer of both our Kickstarter at the Warlord level or above, and all backers of "This is not a Test" at the Wastelander level/Veteran Wastelander level or above. This miniature is already sculpted. Of course, they can still be added by any of our backers not qualifying for the free promotion.

Link to TNT for those who have not pledged there: 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/57306923/this-is-not-a-test-post-apocalyptic-skimirsh-ruleb/posts/1528420

On the TNT side, Joey "will be offering special rules for this model as a unique Hero of the Wastes. Heroes are special characters that players can take to make up for Barter Scrip differences between players when playing campaign games. These rules will be published eventually as part of a future TNT supplement, but backers get them early."

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Kudos for Kickstarter synergy! That's just the sort of amazing collaboration that makes this community so great. I wish you both terrific success.

Now if only the rass'n-frass'n Canadian dollar would start performing....
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline SiamTiger

• Librarian
  • The collector of many things
    • Chaosbunker - Lots of Lead, Plastic and Ideas
I dig the Paul Hicks sculpts, but in total from my point of view, the packages are to expensive.

If i buy regular range miniatures i pay around 3 Euro per miniature, and now it is 7 USD, roughly double that and a hefty shipping fee of 14 USD. All without taxes... and by using Kickstarter there is no need for you to include margin for resellers, etc.
Long story short, not really happy about this campaign.

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
I dig the Paul Hicks sculpts, but in total from my point of view, the packages are to expensive.

If i buy regular range miniatures i pay around 3 Euro per miniature, and now it is 7 USD, roughly double that and a hefty shipping fee of 14 USD. All without taxes... and by using Kickstarter there is no need for you to include margin for resellers, etc.
Long story short, not really happy about this campaign.

The minimum shipping charge in the USA from the U.S. Post to most EU countries is $13.50 for up to 8 ounces. Add a box, packing material, label and that is how I came up with $14. So how that is an issue related to any USA mfr, I have no idea.

As far as costs and pricing, it is all based upon a real budget. The tough thing about KS is knowing how many will participate and at what level in order to achieve the funding goal. As I said on the KS page, I intend on completing this on time and on budget as my 16 year reputation is on the line.

If you don't want to participate that is fine. Not really sure why you felt the need to complain about your personal preferences. You have no clue as to my costs for the project. Sometimes following the age old advice from your parents, "if you can't say something nice then don't",  comes to mind.

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
First and second stretch goals have been met.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brigadegames/28mm-post-apocalyptic-wastelanders-and-survivors

Here is a preview of the first miniature -

Offline SiamTiger

• Librarian
In other words, as long as the feedback is not positive, i should shut up? Wow, that is interesting point of view.

I am just irritated, that other products from YOUR range, are much cheaper and this project, where the money goes directly to you - without resellers etc. and only a rather small fee for KS - is twice the costs per miniature. But you know, just negative grumbling for no reason...

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
In other words, as long as the feedback is not positive, i should shut up? Wow, that is interesting point of view.

I am just irritated, that other products from YOUR range, are much cheaper and this project, where the money goes directly to you - without resellers etc. and only a rather small fee for KS - is twice the costs per miniature. But you know, just negative grumbling for no reason...

Our pricing is competitive with similar offerings in the genre and the estimated participation. Trying to put an entire range into production at once, with an estimated number of backers, rather than waiting the 1,3,6,12 or more months to break even is a totally different approach and with lots of different costs in the process. And these are fantasy figures, not historical. They cost more to sculpt. I doubt many will buy more than one, compared to historical where many packs customers buy multiples and even dozens and where the core troops support the specialty packs. So costs are quite different. KS and the payments processor take 8-10% which is more than double the normal costs for payment processing.

Please by all means, go and invest in a range and sell it through your own webstore or run a KS to fund a range. Until you do and have the experience under your belt, please don't make assumptions about the process or costs and how products should be priced.

Offline SiamTiger

• Librarian
I understand that this applies to rank & file troops, but i don't see that differences in pricing of your cowboy or gladiators, that aren't bought multiple times for the giantic armies of those.

And the same way, as you tell me to "get some experience under my belt", don't be so arrogant on your end. This is a niche market, everybody can start a miniature company, a kickstarter and so on. Heck, everyone with access to a laser starts a mdf brand.

And releasing 10 miniatures along with a few codes to support them, well costs money but isn't a giantic project. A plastic kit is, 3D printing of a dozend vehicles is, an entire range with books to print, etc. is, so they question is fair to be asked for a rather small project, that you are experienced with, as you have done all of the things before and know the people you are working with.

But as arguing with you, because unfortunately this hasn't really been a discussion, is no benefit for any of us, i wish you and your backers the best with this project.

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
Might I suggest that the point of crowd funding like KickStarter (KS) is to have something created that would not otherwise be made rather than it being a pre-order retail sort of arrangement (though many companies do use KS especially as this).

In this case people pledge what they deem to be 'reasonable' - noting this may vary from what is the standard at 'retail' - simply because they want to see the product brought into existence and in return they expect no more than their money's worth. It is sort-of a case of people fulfilling the aspirational goal of crowdfunding in that they’re putting their money where their mouth is and paying for something to be created that otherwise would not exist without crowdfunding.

Full disclosure - I am a backer but have no connection to Brigade Games beyond that.

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
Hi everyone,

I updated the campaign last night with a bunch of changes.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brigadegames/28mm-post-apocalyptic-wastelanders-and-survivors/posts/1532988

I have removed the additional stretch amounts for all the single miniatures and you are free to add any of them to your pledge as add-ons
. I have kept the stretch goals for the Free miniatures although some I adjusted so I could add the new miniature add-on stretch goals.

I have added pictures of all the greens and I am sure you will agree they are all fantastic and make great additions to the wastelanders.

I have also added a new Skirmish level, both early bird and regular, where you get all 16 survivor add-ons as well as the initial 10 Wastelanders, and just like the Warlord level get you all the Free stretch miniatures. Early bird will save you $10.

Meet the new additions:

Dorothy comes with a sprue with a dog head and a bunch of gear, and either could be added to be sticking out of the top of her backpack. We think you should paint the boots glitter red.

Hannah and her sister Helga are just the types you don't want to mess with in the apocalypse.

What happens when the apocalypse happens and you are a renaissance faire employee?