Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:19:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690618
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Deep Space is a dangerous place - characters for sci-fi skirmishes (upd. page 4)  (Read 13167 times)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Приве́т!

They're a bit like the 'real' orks (in space), aren't they? You should try and find matching clear plastic domes to fit on their suits' rings.

If they're as large as I recall, small coin dispensed toy capsules should work. If you can still find them.  ;)

Bretons are perfect subject for sci-fi (or, better, sci-fantasy) conversions! They have their own construction difficulties, but usually it is not much of a problem.

If the rumors of no place for them in Age-of, then that's a comforting thought.  lol

Interesting painting style, I rather like that space dwarf  :-*

Oh, HELL yes! Love the stuntie as well! I've still got my small army...

He's not GW, right? Naggin' familiarity, but not placing same. From whence?

Doug

Offline Father Primus

• Librarian
Thank you, gentlemen!

This dwarf initially was a handgunner-officer from the "Battle of the Skull Pass". Removed some parts, added some parts. I converted this miniature long ago, and recently found it abandoned in a bits-box ))

Offline Father Primus

• Librarian
When Imperial Inquisition asks for assistance, who is a guy to say "no"???  8)

Menacious inquisitor with a passion to combat psy-powers:

Flamboyant rogue trader, requesting air support or just listening to some sports-broadcast:

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Lovely stuff! I really like your painting style. Is there any chance of getting a photo or two of minis mid-game or something? I'd love to see how the painting style looks in its natural habitat!

Offline galatea77

• Librarian
Wow nice work !
Really like the painting style, gives the minis a dynamic vibrant feel !

Offline Father Primus

• Librarian
Thank you! I'll try to make some in-game photos, if the lighting allows that  ::)

So, next in line - notorious pirate/rogue Sc'Oundriel. Rumors tell he sold his soul to some unspeakable chtonian deities, but others describe it as a dirty trick - this guy never had any soul at all.

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Another great one - full of character. What mini is it based on?

Offline Father Primus

• Librarian
Another great one - full of character. What mini is it based on?

Oh, whole load of different spare parts! He has a torso of Perry' zouave standard bearer, head, shoulders and sabre of a Cold One Knight, some fragments of imperial knight's banner, space marine's pistol. And a hand of Wargames Factory' american colonial militiaman.

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
 :o :-*
Wonderful thread. These guys look like they mean business. The painting and converting is superb. More please.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Great thread,really like the gritty paint jobs.

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
Indeed. The style of painting is realy special. How about a small tutorial. If you don't mind me saying umpire?-)

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Oh, whole load of different spare parts! He has a torso of Perry' zouave standard bearer, head, shoulders and sabre of a Cold One Knight, some fragments of imperial knight's banner, space marine's pistol. And a hand of Wargames Factory' american colonial militiaman.

That's awesome! I really admire the ability to take very different bits and integrate them into a coherent miniature.

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
Really impressive! I miss this tread so far: I echo other comments about your panting style, I love it, it's very impressionistic! Keep on sharing!

Offline Father Primus

• Librarian
Thank you all!  :) I'm really glad to read your comments!

Speaking about tutorial... in fact, never done any kind of tutorial before, but I think, it could be interesting experience!) So I'll keep this in mind.

Offline Father Primus

• Librarian
Girls' time! Magdaline Raukhen and her lil' sisters. Bringing justice and reinforcing authority with extreme ruthless and violence.