Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:45:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mr West's Frost-Quest (June 26th, Pt. 19; It's dangerous at night, try daytime!)  (Read 14530 times)

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
First a link to my Strange Aeons work.
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=83926.0

I'm done borrowing miniatures- time to launch into this head first!

Represents about 2 hours work-

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:18:48 PM by WallyTWest »

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
Re: Mr West's Frostgrave Photos (Mar 30; Frost-Quest Begins)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 10:15:34 PM »
Good start, new we just need to see them with some paint on  ;)

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'

I have completed the first bit of work on the warband, still need to complete basing. Unhappy with Empire Knight Shields- trying to find a more traditional round shield. Brush was insufficient to do line dot design.

Idea- y/n; dash dot design on Golem or Arcane Marking (Star of David or perhaps Lovecraft Refrence?)

Skeletons (2), Frost Toad, Purple Worm and Arcane Treasure basing is complete.

Require shield ideas and blanks, but originals seem to be missing.
-Refrence Kevin Adams and John Blanche.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:16:43 PM by WallyTWest »

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Von Sydow's Wurm-Jaggers

Wizard- Isaak Von Sydow
Apprentice- Ansgar Höss
The Golem- "Trusty Alwin"
Infantry (4)
Crossbow (2)
Hunting Dogs (2)

Isaak Von Sydow is a powerful and reclusive man whom hails from the deep forests that lie before the dread tundra that holds the domain men whisper under their hushed breath; Frostgrave. His presence is so bold that drains conversation from rooms upon entry; and his mastery of Enchantment and Dwarven Rune Crafting is second to none of his piers. But his many exploits have left him with an insatiable desire for knowlage and the enlightened goal to achieve immortality.
   Making his way north through dark woods towards his unknown fate, he has grown obsessed - now seeking the lost library of the grand enchanter whom fell from the sky 200 years before the great doom befell that city. The infamous Masked Golden Wizard, a magician of the old city who was rumored to come from a distant world ridding a twin tailed comet. One whom had the power to turn mundane objects to gold and had a staff of immeasurable power bearing a golden serpent and the wheel of eight.
   Commanding the devistated and now leaderless remains of a party of Wurm Jagger, a trusted golem, his loyal hounds and beloved apprentice, caution has been thrown aside in a last desperate bid for power and wealth beyond imagining.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:58:55 PM by WallyTWest »

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
Love it!! It's the best to see when people put stories to their warbands. It's even more fun to see how they evolve through gameplay. My main warband was Lao Xane but his apprentice Jade took over after his untimely death. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
That's a great looking warband - bravo! I especially like the mournful golem.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Obvious problem- I got to find some suitable round shields. I seem to have misplaced what I had. :(

Also running out of miniatures to paint- this collection was only 16 miniatures... Even if I come up with a few warband expansions it's only 20 max.

I did have an idea- the old judge dread game had a control against players getting too powerful. When a gang had so much rep it was suicide to fight them, you could call the Judges on them instead of having a fight.

I am playing with a similar idea but with a skeleton army or mantic ghoul horde. If there is enough of a disparity then instead of a gang battle instead Frostgrave fights back and the player may build a litches skeleton army to fight the Wizard. (With the war bands rating being the point value of the skeleton horde)

The defending warband would need to pay a price- loss of magical knowlage perhaps (levels), a fee in gold, a "black mark" on the wizard, a permanent casting penalty perhaps? (I will make this into a fancy PDF if there is intrest)

The idea would only "cost" a box of skeletons- and I may be able to tie them into my Uncharted Seas 28mm Bone Griffons project/Dragon Rapant.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:14:49 PM by WallyTWest »

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
I would just run the Lich Lord, quite honestly. Between him and his retinue, they can do a lot of damage to a high level wizard's warband.
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
I have read the Thaw of the Litchlord, and was unimpressed- not a knock on the writer, I just feel his core product is so good, besides some minor tweaks not much is needed unless this thing is played week in and out.

I'm thinking a 2 page mini rule set to let some folks use their undead army as a counter to extra-powerful wizards. And in this case to allow me to justify buying a small mantic undead army- ;)

The real question is should I make custom terrain for this game?

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
I wasn't talking about the Campaign pack so much as the Lich Lord himself.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'

Ive held off on painting these bad boys since the 90's...

And an acceptable paint job- for the 80's...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:02:14 PM by WallyTWest »

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
Great looking skellies. Haven't seen hero Quest skellies looking that good in a wile :-)

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Re: Mr West's Frost-Quest Photos (Mar 6th; Small Base Treasures Complete)
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Re: Mr West's Frost-Quest Photos (Mar 6th; Small Base Treasures Complete)
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 07:52:20 PM »

Last Monster- the Frost Toad! ;)