Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:50:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Yet another) Size comparison request - Foundry  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Flinty

• Librarian
(Yet another) Size comparison request - Foundry
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:27:13 PM »
Apologies for sparking another request thread - especially sans any form of eye candy - but like one or two of you, I'm quite interested in the imminent Firelock 'Blood & Thunder' kickstarter.

However, having eventually painted about half a crew from the large chunk of Foundry pirates I have, I can't summon up the energy to ditch them for a whole new line of figures....which would chug verrrry slowly through the glacial paint queue.

So - what can I use a Spanish militia for between 1650 to around 1700 that will match Foundry?

Looks to me like Perry ECW?

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
Re: (Yet another) Size comparison request - Foundry
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 06:50:54 AM »
You could look at the Warfare miniatures League of Augsberg figures, as they are designed for the period and match nicely for size:
http://www.leagueofaugsburg.com/shop/products-cat-16.html
 :)
They start by showing full "regimental" units but go straight to the packs at the bottom on pg 8 onwards, these 5 figure packs are more likely to suit your needs.  8)

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:57:04 AM by Galloping Major »

Offline Flinty

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 06:59:27 AM »
Cheers for that Kommando - I should have said that I'm not keen on the equivilent Foundry ranges, too static and sold in overlarge packs for my skirmish needs. Plus that would be too easy....

Major - ah, excellent, thanks for that, I did browse those, but couldn't confirm which end of the spectrum they were at.

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a scale-nazi and already have a small portion of the lead mountain that I bought on spec, dismissed as unusable, but then kept; ('I'm sure I can use them for...errr.').

I was looking at the Warlord metal dismounted Dragoons as I like the idea of boots (I'm still quite Hollywood, I admit) but have no idea if they are as chunky as the plastics.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 08:25:35 AM »
The warlord metals are less chunky/slighter in some respects, most don't have the very thick base (joys of metal over plastic)

Offline El Frantico

• Librarian
    • Firelock Games
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »
Hey Flinty, not sure on a good range. I was never able to really find one myself...which is part of what lead us to creating our own minis...But ECW figures are probably the closest to what you want.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that bit about boots and Hollywood. I may have to deny you a copy of the rules otherwise!   ;) lol
Mike Tuņez
Firelock Games
www.FirelockGames.com