Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:05:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Space Bunny Arts and Oilbrush  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Oilbrush

• Schoolboy
Space Bunny Arts and Oilbrush
« on: April 20, 2016, 12:20:23 AM »
Hi, I'm Oilbrush - at least, that's the name I began using on Cool Mini Or Not ages ago, and I decided it made a good handle for other mini-painting and sculpting sites. I've been a figure painter on and off since the early 1990s (or late 1980s if you could my very earliest attempts). I went through the same ral partha and grenadier fueled fantasy phase everyone else did, but found my real enjoyment came from painting the old West End Games Star Wars figures. I got back into painting miniatures in the early 2000s after getting out of school, but had switched to painting in oils during my college years, and couldn't really get back into using acrylics. Hence, Oilbrush. Since then, I've painted mostly the old WOTC metal star wars figures, the knight models star wars figures, as well as assorted Asian-themed figures (including a few Usagi Yojimbo figures for those who know the comic).

Much more recently, I've begun sculpting and producing my own figures under the name Space Bunny Arts. I decided that because I paint so few figures nowadays, I wanted to have figures that were exactly what I wanted. And after working with a couple of sculptors, found the only way to really do that was to sculpt my own. And so I have launched a small line of generic sci-fi figures in 30mm (my preferred scale) in a high-quality resin. They're produced in very short runs, so basically enough for my stash and to try to cover production costs (I sculpt, but the casting is done professionally overseas). Please check us out on Facebook if you're interested. https://www.facebook.com/spacebunnyarts/

If I can figure out how to upload photos, I'd be keen to share with you some photos of my sculpts and painted figures. For now, the FB link above, and these links to CMON's gallery will have to do:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/335160

http://www.coolminiornot.com/396529

Happy painting, all!

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Re: Space Bunny Arts and Oilbrush
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 11:53:22 AM »
I like the look of those figures, and am on a major Star Wars kick at the moment, so may just pick up a couple (would be all three, but that would exceed customs limits, which becomes expensive :( )

May be worth mentioning them over in the Commercial board in the Bazaar of Obscurities

I held on with enamels long after most people had changed, but I eventually moved over. It has taken me a while to get used to acrylics, but I'm getting there.

I sometimes use enamel washes on vehicles, which then reminds me of one of the major advantages of acrylics - no turps smell :D

You can't upload photos, but can link to them - just put the link to the image between img tags (second button from left in the row above the smileys). There are size parameters you can set as well, which are easier to see when you preview the image

edited to change to the facebook image, rather than the coolminiornot one
and edited back again when the facebook one didn't show. I'll stop trying to be helpful now ::)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:57:34 AM by zemjw »