Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:57:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Some Random Supers  (Read 9174 times)

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
Re: Some Random Marvel Supers
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 12:18:30 PM »
Cheers folks. Yeah I generally don't go that heavy on the shading contrast which doesn't photograph well as my pics are terrible and it gets washed out even more. Also the faces aren't as derpy if you don't zoom in. :P

The clix are the Ultimate Fantastic 4 versions so I guess technically Reed shouldn't have the grey hair on the temples. I'm not sure heroclix do a Mr Fantastic that isn't in some kind of stretch though I suppose you just need to find a suitable generic dude in spandex and let a paint job do work. :)

I can't take credit for the bases, they're Fenris Games' "Mean Streets" bases.

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 06:23:51 PM »
Lovely FF paint jobs! When I painted my flames for Pyro I did a white base coat and then washes of yellow/orange/red inks. Granted the Human Torch has a whole lot more flames than Pyro.

-A
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2018, 08:21:41 PM »
I decided I wanted a Thanos a few months back but the available minis, either Clix or the OOP Knight Models, are super expensive. Then I saw a job lot on eBay containing two clix parademons and decided they had some potential.

After an acetone bath, some chopping and some sculpting I ended up with a close enough approximation.

...and then a paint job brought it together. Not entirely accurate but close enough and a bit less than the £40+ an actual Thanos clix would cost.   ;D

Offline Morgull

• Schoolboy
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 06:53:09 AM »
Great work with putty and painting. Now you have a Low cost Thanos.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 10:26:51 AM »
Nice painting, and well done on the Thanos conversion/painting too.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Supercollider

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 02:16:13 AM »
Great conversion and repaints :)

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
Re: Some Random Supers
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 06:30:02 PM »
Abra-Cadaver! Fixed all the images in the thread (photobucket can go get stuffed). Not quite supers themselves but I picked up these East Riding Miniatures Thugs ages ago to use as generic street thugs and muscle. The minis are pretty basic (and super cheap) so I decided to test out GW's Contrast paints with them with mixed results some of which is trying to get used to the best way to use them.

Also realised I never posted the finished Human Torch, photos not great because he's very dark but I went with painting the flames after all.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 03:42:07 PM »
I decided I wanted a Thanos a few months back but the available minis, either Clix or the OOP Knight Models, are super expensive. Then I saw a job lot on eBay containing two clix parademons and decided they had some potential.

Honestly, I thought they were sculpts of Ambush Bug on steroids at first glance.

Offline The Major

• Bookworm
    • The Major Press
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 06:58:23 AM »
I'm curious, what did you use to strip the original paint from the parademon models?  I have had some difficulty with this in the past but your models look completely stripped and with no loss of detail! 

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 09:03:14 AM »
I'm curious, what did you use to strip the original paint from the parademon models?  I have had some difficulty with this in the past but your models look completely stripped and with no loss of detail!

Acetone will strip the paint off of them, as pure as possible (I use 99.5%) as I didn't find nail polish remover to be as good. You need to soak them for a short while, I try not to leave them more than 30 minutes or so at a time as it will soften up the plastic as well and make the figure rubbery, though they'll return to standard firmness after they're left for the acetone to evaporate. Then I just an old toothbrush to scrub the paint off under a running tap.

It's not foolproof though, avoid any hard plastic bits like the flying bases and stuff as they will just dissolve and sometimes it can damage the surface of the mini (such as Scarlet Witch there). I'm not sure why some minis (a minority) are damaged, maybe I left them too long but I can say don't do Groot as it pretty much destroyed mine as all the fine detail peeled off. :(

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2019, 09:34:50 AM »
Cracking Thanos conversion!  :D
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 04:38:59 PM »
Realised there's a couple I finished but never posted.

Magneto

Deadpool

Abomination

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2019, 06:26:05 AM »
Very nice painting.