Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:43:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] (Soon) Mutant Chronicles - Siege of the Citadel  (Read 6162 times)

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [Kickstarter] (Soon) Mutant Chronicles - Siege of the Citadel
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »
the only small thing I didn't like were the massive shoulder pads on the minis (I mean, WHY???).

Because Shoulders of Doom!

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 12:58:23 PM »
Hi posting this here too as more relevant than the Prodos thread

Shoulder pads? That's part of mutant chronicles universe - big guns and bigger shoulder pads runs through its veins!

Hi guys just wanted to clarify that Prodos as holders of the miniatures licenses are involved only in helping to provide sculpts. As they have already sculpted a lot of the characters and creatures involved it made sense to get them to resculpt the figures for the boardgame. Paolo parente is overseeing the sculpting process and has brought on board some big names to help. He is an expert at plastic figures production so we benefit from his advice. However neither of them are involved in any way with the management of the Kickstarter which is between Modiphius and Cabinet Entertainment who own the Mutant Chronicles brand.

Happy to answer any questions about the project but I want you to know Siege of the Citadel is in very safe hands. Our last boardgame Kickstarter delivered just two weeks late for the core box and about three months late for the expansions (though with good reasons). There will always be delays but we are one of the best companies at keeping people informed and answering queries. I also had one of the first copies and am working hard to keep the game true to its routes whilst updating it.
www.modiphius.com
Achtung! Cthulhu - Terrifying WW2 Roleplaying Setting
ONE WAR - New miniatures system for Achtung! Cthulhu

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 01:32:18 PM »
Look at the colourful and characterful artwork on the original box, then look at the somewhat muted browns and greens of the new cover. Bit of a shame that.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 02:56:24 PM »
On the other hand, there seems to be a rave disco going on on the citadel floor tiles  ;)

Offline mrgrigson

• Librarian
    • The Overloaded Queue
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 03:21:54 PM »
I have the feeling that Prodos is a lot better at fulfilling projects that they themselves aren't running. Miniature13 used them for casting on their project and the models turned out gorgeous (and were shipped in a timely fashion). While I don't expect to back this project, it isn't on Prodos' head for me.

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 09:40:40 AM »
I'll drop a few more titbits in here:

- We're working on the original planned expansion that never made it to retail (but was featured in the Target Games magazine) for the Brotherhood - this will introduce the Brotherhood characters, rules for the Arts, new creatures from the Dark Legion and new tile locations

- The core of the rules is the same, though we're upgrading things that people have found through endless playtesting over the years (old fans will find some solid fine tuning that I think they'll appreciate), there's new rules for interacting with equipment - essentially the same rules as shooting but different gear (or factions) will have improved chances, better balanced faction abilities, and we're adding more fun options for the dark legion player like destructible terrain and placable features (like defences).

- The campaign will get a lot of narrative upgrades that see far more to do on each mission, as well as enhanced secondary missions etc.

- You can expect to see the Whitestar faction make an appearance alongside other potentially unique forces... we're also exploring other location options beyond the blasted ruins of Venus...

- We'll be bringing in as many of the major creatures from the Dark Legion via the different expansions, as well as upgrade packs which will be part of the Stretch Goals, more heroes, loads more game options.

- Henning is already drawing two new locations that require TWO connected tiles that are epic features (they'll be a double-sided two-tile pack as part of the stretch goals).

I can tell you from playing Siege' all those years ago and pouring over the original supplements it's really amazing to now be thinking of all the Stretch Goals and things we can add to this game, it pretty much writes itself as you consider all the possibilities. We are aiming to get a prototype up on Tabletopia for you to play and join in the playtesting. More on that soon.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 09:43:36 AM »
Big thanks for the additional info!
Count me already in... 8)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 10:16:01 AM »
Sounds really good and I will surely back this one (I'm a Warzone/MC nut...). Was always sad I couldn't find a copy for a normal price on eBay so this will do :)
Any plans for Dark Eden? That was always my favorite setting, with the four Earth factions. Some of the coolest artwork and the setting is awesome.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 02:00:36 PM »
If the moderators agree, maybe Modiphius could open a new thread. It'll be better if the actual publisher has the chance to update the thread title and first post.