Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:19:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690460
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Is wargods of Aeygptus/Olynpus still going?  (Read 7329 times)

Offline aktr

• Librarian
Is wargods of Aeygptus/Olynpus still going?
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:21:59 AM »
Hi,

I recently bought the wargods of aeygptus rule book sencond hand and thought I would look at some shiny miniatures for it on the internet until I can rescue the book from the clutches of the sorting office where it's currently being held.

However after a quick internet search it appears that the crocodile games website is down and must UK places that sell it have very limited odds and ends in stock

So is this game dead or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Cheers

Andy

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Is wargods of Aeygptus/Olynpus still going?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 09:24:15 AM »
Still going strong I think, but as you say it's hard to get the figures in the UK - the places that stock them only ever had dribs and drabs.

As for website issues, this is on their main page if you can get it to load:

Dear Croc Friends,

As you may be aware over the past several months, a few people have been experiencing issues accessing the Crocodile Games online store and Kickstarter PayPal page from select Mac OS and browsers. You may also have experienced this elsewhere on the web.

We now have an explanation for this from our web hosting service and this is what they said: "Lion is too old and does not support TLS 1.1 or greater. You will need to upgrade to a newer operating system or use a third party client. Firefox should work on OS X if it is really the latest version, but it may be using the OS X SSL/TLS library. Your browsers will stop working on major ecommerce sites in the very near future when TLS1.0 is disabled on those sites."

Our Awesome Webmaster explained this to us in plain English, as it didn't make much sense - "Basically website encryption is being upgraded and the older OS's and Browsers don't have the necessary support for this newer encryption."

So if you are running into this issue, it’s probably time to upgrade to the latest version of your Operating System and/or Internet web browser.

So, we hope that this helps shine light on the mystery of the sporadic access.

Thanks for your support, Chris and D. Felicity Fitzpatrick

Offline Barbarus

• Librarian
    • A Fantastic Saga
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 01:20:15 PM »

Yepp. The Croc website just seems to be troublesome for certain types of browsers...

And the game itself seems to be alive and well in the US, but here in Europe it is, indeed, "dead".

I still have the plan to try and revive Wargods here... it is just a crime that Europe never really appreciated this game, because it is one of the best EVER MADE.
It is pretty much flawless.

It tells something about us (and nothing good!), that we in Europe never got this game running...

You know, I actually feel some sort of disgust when I think about that :D
I just love this game so much and I am so disappointed and angry that people here rejected/neglected this ingenious system...

Well, yes, as I said... I will try to revive it. Will be one of my projects for the next year.

Maybe we can stay in touch, Andy? Maybe you wanna join me in my effort :D

Oh, and for the retail... Black Pyramid in the UK, they dont have everything in stock, but they order stuff for you from Crocodile...

Greetings!
Barb

Fanmade and completely free fantasy rules for SAGA:
www.a-fantastic-saga.com

11 factions!
Undead, Dwarves, Barbarians, Elves, Dark Elves, Orcs, Troglodytes, Archaeans, Goblins, Empire, Beastmen

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 02:51:10 PM »
 I have loads of the miniatures from the Aegyptus,Olympus and Hyperboria ranges.Very nice miniatures and really well cast.

Most people will be waiting on the release of the Olympus rulebook and the rest of the Kickstarter miniatures.I know i am ;).

There is a Wargods of Aegyptus tournament shown on the link below.

http://www.blackpyramid.co.uk/

Which faction will you be going for then?

Another Andy ;).

Offline aktr

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 05:54:36 PM »
Cheers chaps
I've got the website working on chrome

As for getting the game going and which faction...

I have only just got the rules and not read them yet and that was an impulse purchase because it was cheap
I'll read the rules and then take it from there

If I do get into it I'll have to probably get 2 armies as I doubt my opponents would.

But saying that I have had a quick peek at the minis and quote like the look of the crocodile chaps, the jackal chaps or the crane chaps.

Barbarus, where are you based?

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »
A Wargods player myself; the only one from the Netherlands as far as I know  :'(. Played some tournaments a few years ago in Canterbury; a nice event with friendly opponents. I hope there will be more interest in the game after the Olympus book is released. Already collecting 2 armies to introduce others to the game.

DJ

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 08:28:34 PM »
 The Crocodlie one's are Sebeki.
 The Crane one's are Tethru.
 The Jackle one's are Anubis.

You can checkout the different faction on the link below.It will give you some insight.

https://www.crocodilegames.com/game_Factions.cfm?gameID=2

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
An awful lot without ETA on that blackpyramid website....  :?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 08:35:25 PM »
Yeah, that's why I've never got into it. They're the only UK stockist I know and they almost never have any stock.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 09:34:00 PM »
 The guy's at Black Pyramid are really helpful and will order in items you are after.Just drop them a message.Being a small outfit they cant afford to have loads of stock lying around tying up funds.

I am sure some members on here would be-able to help-out with miniatures if you ask.There should be some duplicates in my collection i could let go.

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 12:51:15 AM »
There are a few people who play near me, I've considered getting involved but with the planned releases, I keep putting it off for some of the Olympus armies rather than building one now and another later on.

Crocodile Games makes some amazing minis, but their problem is that they're a small company which slows things down quite a bit for getting new things, and with their focus on Olympus due to the kickstarter they're trying to complete, meaning that all current things feel almost on hold until that's complete...

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 04:30:41 AM »
Lovely figures but soooooooo expensive.  I usually keep an eye out for them at Flea Markets & Bring and Buys.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 07:07:17 AM »
Lovely figures but soooooooo expensive.  I usually keep an eye out for them at Flea Markets & Bring and Buys.

I think the prices are very good.Lets say a unit of ten miniatures is £23 which is not so bad compared to GW 5 Stormcast Eternal miniatures for £30.

Once the Olympus rulebook and miniatures range hits the store it will help the game loads.They just need to full-fill the KS first.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 01:53:07 PM »
I understand about Black Pyramid being unable to stock loads at once, it just prevents impulse buying madness lol. It is a game I've always wanted to get into. Can you recommend two factions that make good all rounders for learning the game? How big would a starting force need to be?

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 02:12:28 PM »
 If you check the Crocodile games forum out you can get a good idea of force sizes and what works best.Sebeki and Bastic are one of the combinations for a force.Sebeki for there brute strength and Bastic for the archery skills.

Never got around to playing so cant comment on that part of it :(.