Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:36:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686665
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fireforge Plastic Medieval Russians  (Read 9667 times)

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
Re: Fireforge Plastic Medieval Russians
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 08:00:37 PM »
I see a lot of great possibilities in those.
"Just don't roll a one!"

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 09:01:31 PM »
I like them for kitbashing purposes, but I hope what others are saying about picture quality being poor is true.  :?

Offline Gary Peach

• Scientist
  • I paint to live, not live to paint.
    • www.marchattack.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 09:25:01 PM »
Have to say Im noticing the increase in negative comments based on photos on the internet as opposed to those from people that have actually taken the plunge and bought things.  Pictures can tell lies, either because they are not the best picture or been touched up...  They look sound to me, for pictures in not the best light, in front of a keyboard, with other distractions around them.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 11:15:13 PM »
Have to say Im noticing the increase in negative comments based on photos on the internet as opposed to those from people that have actually taken the plunge and bought things.  Pictures can tell lies, either because they are not the best picture or been touched up...  They look sound to me, for pictures in not the best light, in front of a keyboard, with other distractions around them.

I agree with you, but I do think the majority are making mention of that fact.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2016, 08:28:02 AM »

I'm afraid I feel that if manufacturers choose to put up sub-standard images of their products, then they only have themselves to blame if those images attract negative comments. Is the product poor, or is it just the photo? As a customer or potential customer, I shouldn't have to try to work that out, should I?
It reminds me of the ads you used to see in wargaming magazines (and probably still can), showing a beautifully painted rank of some new Napoleonic range or other - and half the figures have got wonky muskets and bent bayonets.
I mean, if you go to all the trouble of making and selling a product and then paying to advertise it, why on earth would you not take the trouble to show that product in the best possible light?
So I'm sorry to be harsh, but personally I don't think we should have to make allowances because it might be a bad photo, in bad light, and so on. It's incumbent on people making  things and trying to sell them to us, to make sure they present their products properly.

Having looked at the sprue shots, the components do look better than these figure builds. And I'm sure if a little more time and care had been taken with both the assembly of the models and the quality of the photography and presentation, they would have appeared in a more positive light. But it's the responsibility of the manufacturer to pay attention to how they present their products. As a customer, I can only give an honest comment on what a manufacturer chooses to put in front of me. I shouldn't have to make allowances.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2016, 01:47:14 PM »
Having looked at the sprue shots, the components do look better than these figure builds. And I'm sure if a little more time and care had been taken with both the assembly of the models and the quality of the photography and presentation, they would have appeared in a more positive light.

I recommend everyone to look at those as well, they look very similar to the existing Fireforge plastics in those shots.

Offline dbsubashi

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2016, 03:21:06 PM »
That said, I agree about the bits potential - how many of these will be bought just for that lovely not-Lannister shield..?  lol

I was thinking the same thing!

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2016, 04:53:23 PM »
I can't seem to link pic directly ,so here's their fb page with painted miniatures
https://www.facebook.com/Fireforge-Games-271339052885426/?fref=nf

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2016, 05:53:50 PM »
The painted example looks much nicer already  :)
Feel sure I'll get a box to see for myself.

Offline dbsubashi

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 07:21:00 PM »
I know I will pick some up. They will very nice Northerners, not the Starks/Boltons, but those even farther north. I wish they had been out when I did my Greyjoys!

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 09:20:15 PM »
I know I will pick some up. They will very nice Northerners, not the Starks/Boltons, but those even farther north. I wish they had been out when I did my Greyjoys!

Funny you say that, I've already planned to use them as Targaryans  :D
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline dbsubashi

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 10:51:31 PM »
Yes, there is a wonderful "not Western European" thing about them crying out for some GoT/fantasy kitbashing.

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2016, 08:43:43 AM »
will definitely get some ! Heads might be useful for Dorne if used on some more arabic looking bodies like the ones from Gripping beast e.g.
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Engel

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 02:15:25 PM »
Damnit... These are growing on me. I need to start putting in a higher gear on my current project to at least try finish that one of… (yeah we all know that wont happen, finished projects are not in our vocabulary…)

Anyone know any more details about those mounted Druzhinas they mentioned earlier?
Im starting to think about what to include in my shopping bag…

Im thinking about starting a Lions Rampant sized force with Spears and Archers with added cavalry support.

EDIT: Never mind I will answer my own question...
"...Druzhina will be release for second week of june..."
Im not sure that date is still correct but it sound that it will be soon anyhow..

Here are the original thread for those wondering: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=83538.0
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:21:05 PM by Engel »

Offline Dilettante Gamer

• Scientist
    • The Dilettante Gamer
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2016, 04:09:55 PM »
I wish they had been out when I did my Greyjoys!

+1  But we start where we start.
With goodwill to all and malice towards none...

http://dilettantegamer.blogspot.com/