Forum > Age of Myths, Gods and Empires

Argonor's Gods, Mortals, and All Things Ancients

(1/8) > >>

Argonor:
As if I did not have sufficient projects to last me several lifetimes over, I recently acquired OGAM, and I imagine that I am going to spend many hours playing this unit-driven incarnation of the SoBaH system.

I can see myself play large battles with or without the presence of deities, and until a large army can be fielded, the system will serve me as a bridge between Blood Eagle warbands and SAGA/Dragon Rampant.

SO, where to begin?

I happen to have a bunch of WGF Caesarean Romans, so I am going to make a Jupiter (Zeus) warband based on the Greek Pantheon.

My starting warband will be:

Deity:
Jupiter

Legends:
Centurion
Harpy

Mortals:
8 Legionaires
6 Veteran Legionaires
4 Satyrs

For Satyrs, I am going to use some old GW Chaos Beastmen of which I purchased a bunch some months ago, along with some plastic Bretonnians I am going to use for Dragon Rampant.

most of the Beastmen needs stripping, though, so I applied science in the form of my ultrasonic cleaning device:

This is what one of the guys looked like after a couple of treatments, followed by using first a soft acrylic, then a brass 'leather brush':

I am also going to make a Lizardman warband, using the Slann as the Deity, for which I shall construct profiles from the open points system.

I recently came across this painted army at a VERY low price (about £60), and although I intended it for God of Battles, it can easily be turned into other purposes as well (and should be, according to the maxim I do all my hobby projects by).

Argonor:
Can't restrain myself  lol

Bought these NIB second hand:

kuba:
Argonor, can You tell me what is the content of spartan box? There is no clear information on warlord website, i just found that they offer three different hoplite sprues -standard with 8 bodies, spartan upgrade with two bodies and pilos heads, and command sprue with musician and commander. I'm actually curious what is the content of their third box: classical greek phalanx -i bought one and it had four standard sprues and four spartan upgrade -as if ot were spartans in the wrong box, or as if spartans and classical phalanx didn't differ

pws:

--- Quote from: Argonor on May 20, 2016, 09:34:46 PM ---I can see myself play large battles with or without the presence of deities, and until a large army can be fielded, the system will serve me as a bridge between Blood Eagle warbands and SAGA/Dragon Rampant.

--- End quote ---

OGAM is a nice game :D I started with some norse and did the same thing using as OGAM Norse, Lion Rampant, SAGA and Blood Eagle viking Warband.
Just plan a little your purchases (with your mates as well) and you can get the max out of them.
http://pippoweb.blogspot.it/search/label/OGAM
Ciao

Barbarus:

Nice!
Gonna visit this thread regularly :D

I really like the Greeks by Immortal (now with the Warlord badge)

Really good looking miniatures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version