Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:36:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690722
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Available figures of multi-armed Indian Goddesses ??  (Read 7908 times)

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Re: Available figures of multi-armed Indian Goddesses ??
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 04:52:08 PM »
I actually own that mold! I just did an inventory of the molds I bought and confirmed that it was included. (I wasn't 100% sure...I knew I wanted to buy it but could not recall if somebody else had got it.)

You want two copies, yes?

Apologies for the delay...I saw your initial post but only actually had time to sort things out yesterday. And even then I really only sorted the boxes and took pictures of the contents. I would have actually bought the entire Arabian range but somebody else (Turnkey Miniatures?) had already bought a large chunk. Strangely, they did not want it all, so I picked up a few of the odds and ends: the dancing girls, musicians, serving girls, a beggar and the idol.

I also have most of the Amazons, the Ogres, some of the animals, and Vengequan and Dominants (Essenem Cavalry and Gun Girl) from the Shockforce range.

And a Giant Wasp, which is actually available now: http://lohwand.blogspot.ca/p/the-garden-of-kama.html. (scroll down).

Howard

Thanks for all the excellent suggestions.  I ordered the two 'snakey' Reapers and they arrived, but may be difficult to convert, since the arms are floppy soft white plastic. 

The Mega Minis figure is EXACTLY what I want, but Mister Mega Miniatures says he doesn't know who purchased that mold from him.

Anybody know where I can get the bronze-painted four-armed Kali shown above, please?  Anybody have a spare in the 'will maybe never get painted' box? 

Chick

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 05:47:03 AM »
Great news, Howard, private messages seen and replied ! 

How did you decide to purchase those molds ??

Chick
"Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof."

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 12:24:31 AM »
When Johnny closed down his business it seemed like a one-time oppotunity. I have plans for a small fantasy range (working title "Into the Darkening Wood" and also a sci/fi or Post-Apocalyptic range ("A Prince of the Lost"). I already have some supporting greens for each range.

I was also looking for stuff that was usable for Tekumel.
)
Howard

Great news, Howard, private messages seen and replied ! 

How did you decide to purchase those molds ??

Chick

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 01:24:02 PM »
Super cool !   Please tell us about your new greens, unless it is too early to do so.  Whom did you choose as the sculptor, or are you personally sculpting them?

I just googled Tekumel, and there are lots of great images.    
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:27:42 PM by chicklewis »

Offline pnweerar

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 05:10:25 AM »
Should be made of severed arms (and a necklace of heads, not skulls) if you're staying really traditional.  Kali has a weird fashion sense.  :)  Her tongue's not hanging out either, and the mini's facial features are rather a bit more attractive than Kali's normal portrayals.  Still close enough, and a more appealing fig than something truer to the original.

Thanks for doing this. I can't run an actual Kali model out here (Sri Lanka), as my Hindu friends I imagine may not approve. The slight changes make this much easier. Ordered!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 10:13:55 PM »