Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686443
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Game of Thrones Board game Ideas  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Chrisbon49

• Assistant
Game of Thrones Board game Ideas
« on: May 31, 2016, 04:26:15 PM »
I have a custom Board game for GOT and I need new Ideas for Armies, Houses, How to use White Walkers or Wildlings

Offline Chrisbon49

• Assistant
Re: Game of Thrones Board game Ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 04:27:38 PM »
More Pictures

Offline Dilettante Gamer

• Scientist
    • The Dilettante Gamer
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:54:52 PM »
Wow! Cool project!  Most of the GoT themed projects are over in the fantasy forum. (Mine started here and moved there.)

Would love to add this to our compendium thread there.

Played this game at a local con this past weekend.  Love what you did here.
With goodwill to all and malice towards none...

http://dilettantegamer.blogspot.com/

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 01:21:54 AM »
Well, there is already at least one official GoT boardgame, so you might wanna check that one out for inspiration. (BoardGameGeek.com).

Offline Chrisbon49

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 12:14:47 PM »
Some more pictures. The game plays like Age of empires meets Monopoly, meets Total War.
I want to make it so each Great House has smaller houses that will give them armies
What are some good houses to use for each Great House

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 12:23:57 PM »
If you go to the Wiki Of Ice and Fire (not the Game Of Thrones Wiki as that is more based on the show), on each House ____ page they'll list their bannermen towards the bottom of the page, it's a good place to see those minor houses you're looking for.  Nice looking game!  :)

Offline Dilettante Gamer

• Scientist
    • The Dilettante Gamer
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 06:10:53 PM »
So, at first look, I assumed this was a scaled up version of Fantasy Flight's boardgame for "A Game of Thrones".

But upon reading your follow on post, it appears this is a game of your own devising.  Can you tell us more? Outline the rules? Do you have a blog to showcase this fantastic creation?  Inquiring minds want to know!  ;)

Offline Chrisbon49

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 06:51:17 PM »
I will post the general rules. And pictures of the progress

-it is played with 4-9 players
-There are 6 Variations of the Game. Players must decide what variation to play at the beginning:
   1. A Game of Thrones- Basic rules applied, no alliances. First player to control and hold 8 Castles for 3 turns wins
   2. A Clash of Kings- Teams are split up evenly. whether it is 2v2, 3v3, 4,4, First team to completely destroy the other Teams Capital or Castles
   3. A Storm of Swords- follow the Same rules as GOT but players control 2 Great Houses. Ideal for 4 Players, each get 2 Major Houses
   4. A Feast for Crows. free for all with 9 players. everyone puts in $10. Last player with their Capital or Castle standing wins the pot (Lasts multiple days)
   5. A Dance with Dragons- Same rules as Clash of Kings except it is 2v2v2v2
   6. The Winds of Winter- Follow the same rules as Feast of Crows except there is no population Limit and you can build as many armies as you can afford

Now that being said the basic rules are as followed
   -Every turn players get resources from whatever houses they own. Your Great House or your Capital gives you 2 resources of any type you want: Wood, Gold, Food, Iron. You can take 2 of the same resource of 1 and 1. Any Minor Houses you control gives you a specific Resource that that House makes. Example The Twins make Wood and will give you 1 Wood per turn. You use those resources to build Armies.
   Army Types include
      Infantry-Good Against Pikemen
      Archers- Good Against Infantry
      Cavalry- Good against Infantry and Archers. (Some only 1)
      Pikemen- Good against Cavalry
      Flag Carrier- Performs a Special Bonus
  Some Houses have better units that others.

Battle works as followed. You can have a max of 3 armies in 1 territory or space, must like risk board spaces. You can combine a max of 2 types. Whatever you have the Majority of that is the type that gets the bonus
2 Stark Infantry vs 2 Arryn Pikemen
So Starks have the best infantry. Meaning they get a bonus of +3 die vs Pikemen. So if you have 2 Stark Infantry you add the 2 die that represents those Armies + the 3 bonus so you roll 5 die vs the 2 Pikemen. Since the pikemen are weak to Infantry they only get the 2 die that represents those Armies. See Attached Picture for reference. You need to be in adjacent territories to attack. You match up die. Highest dice win. Any ties are a stalemate. The army that won can move into the space if the other army is killed. 

Capturing Castles you must roll 3 die and try to get doubles. Sounds easy but the odds can get crazy. Took someone 8 turns to capture a castle.

There are so many rules. Ships can carry different amunts of armies and move different amount of spaces depending on the house. Flag Carriers get unique bonuses. Like 2 extra re-rolls after a battle or extra resource collection if flag carrier is in your Castle.

There are Raven Scrolls that you can get. Basically Chance cards that can be positive or Negative.

Offline Chrisbon49

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 06:53:28 PM »
Battle

Offline Chrisbon49

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 09:54:35 PM »
More game box house logos

Tyrell, Greyjoy, Bolton, Clegane, Baratheon of Dragonstone, Lannister, Dothraki..

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 11:01:41 PM »
This looks a fascinating undertaking. I have played both the original 5 player, and version 2, 6 player version of the Fantasy Flight GoT boardgame quite extensively over the last few years, so interested to see how your ideas and mechanics compare.

However, I think it properly sits in fantasy adventures, so I hope you don't mind if I bump your thread over to there...  :)

Offline Chrisbon49

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 11:21:48 PM »

Sure that works. Just joined Lead Adventure

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 11:26:43 PM »
Thank you. And welcome to the forum  :)

Offline Chrisbon49

• Assistant
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 11:28:14 PM »
Map I made of the updated board I will make. With 1 Great House in each kingdom and 5 Minor Houses inside those kingdoms

Offline Chrisbon49

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 11:32:01 PM »
Rhaegal, one of the 3 Dragons you could get