Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:33:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686664
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Argonor's Generic Fantasy Stuff (Everything not GoB or LotR)  (Read 32890 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Argonor's Generic Fantasy Stuff
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 09:12:10 PM »
It has been quite while since I posted here, but yesterday I purchased Sellswords and Spellslingers from Ganesha Games.

I have already constructed my first party, and expect to have my first solo run of the rules within the next week (I just need to find the minis I had in mind when putting the characters together).
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 09:07:30 PM »
Found them!

Block-painted many years ago with enamels, they need an overhaul, but I am going to start playing ASAP, anyway!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2018, 10:54:02 PM »
Printed the various cards for S&S today - unfortunately, I did not have enough laminating pouches for all of the pages, so another delay (I had most of the afternoon/evening to myself, so I had hoped to get more done).

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 05:35:24 PM »
Got the pouches today, now I just need to cut the cards and get rollin'...

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 06:16:12 PM »
Cards finally done. I have set my hopes high for a game somewhen soon after this weekend.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Got gaming stuff from the garage attic into the living room; expecting to play a scenario tomorrow (if all goes to plan)!

Offline kaiser

• Scientist
I just got my copy a couple of days ago. Looking forward to read your play through.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
I just got my copy a couple of days ago. Looking forward to read your play through.

My wife had a change of plans in mind for me - I shall have to pick up my daughter before noon (15 km south of here) to drive her to the prosthetist (20 km north of here) to try out some gizmo to stabilize her knee, until it can be surgically mended, and then to the physio-therapist (8 km north of here) for rehab training of her other knee, that had surgery about 5 months ago - so I don't think the game will happen tomorrow, after all (but Wednesday should be a new possibility). Until this evening, my understanding was that she would pick up Anna, but, well...

Real life problems are a b**ch at the moment.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
So, finally got a game played today - am off work due to some respiratory infection (off to have my lungs x-rayed tomorrow).

I am writing a very meticulous AAR to help me memorizing the mechanics, so only Turn 1 has been covered, yet, but I should be able to get a bit more done tomorrow (lots of pics to edit, though).

The AAR is posted on my blog, but here is a couple of pics:

My blog (link also in the 'globe' icon):

https://argonor-wargames.blogspot.dk/

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
I like the AAR, you have done a great job showing how the game works with the added pictures of the dice and cards.  I will look forward to the other reports. 
You are right in thinking a rogue character is rather limited. I am trying to work out a way of having characters being able to sneak undetected and ambush the enemy.  At the moment the game is really focused on killing masses of monsters.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
As my youngest daughter (Lea, just turned 12) seems interested in playiing some SS&SS with me, I have set about creating a party for her.

I expect that we shall flesh out the profiles somewhen this weekend - more about that at a later time!

I like the AAR, you have done a great job showing how the game works with the added pictures of the dice and cards.  I will look forward to the other reports. 
You are right in thinking a rogue character is rather limited. I am trying to work out a way of having characters being able to sneak undetected and ambush the enemy.  At the moment the game is really focused on killing masses of monsters.

Thank you!

Maybe invent a 'Sneak' trait based on Stealth (you cannot have Sneak without Stealth), the higher level, the closer a Monster needs to come to spot the character. And then an 'Ambush' trait, based on Sneak, the higher the level, the more you reduce a monsters DL when charging from hidden.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 02:31:07 PM by Argonor »

• Mastermind
Argonor, that is exactly what I have been trying.  It is how it all works in the context of the cards/enemy activations.  I will PM you with my thoughts so far.  There are quite a lot of changes to fit a Silmarillion feel.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Argonor, that is exactly what I have been trying.  It is how it all works in the context of the cards/enemy activations.  I will PM you with my thoughts so far.  There are quite a lot of changes to fit a Silmarillion feel.

As you may have guessed from some of the minis used in the scenario, I am a huge fan of Tolkien's works, and also pretty content with (most of) the aesthetics of the Jackson interpretations, so anything conjuring up a Middle-Earth vibe in my games is very welcome. I shall have a look at your thoughts during this weekend!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
So, in between fits of coughing, going to the hospital in Svendborg to have an x-ray, and cleaning/assembling a few minis, I also managed to edit more photos from yesterday's game.

This evening, I wrote up Turn 2 of the AAR, and the full turn can be found on the blog, but here is a couple of pics:

I hope to be able to write the next part tomorrow, but as it is Friday, and Friday evening is Family Time, often in front of the telly with some snacks and a movie, or some lame entertainment like X-Factor (which is, the Powers be praised, finished for this time), I may find it difficult to find the time.

• Mastermind
Apologies for my bad manners earlier.  I flicked off the reply quickly before work and ignored your comment about poor health.
I hope you are starting to feel better and the X ray is all OK. 
It's great that you are gaming with your daughter.  I have been unable to interest any of my family in gaming - they might have been put off by me starting with Napoleonics.