Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686594
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Argonor's Generic Fantasy Stuff (Everything not GoB or LotR)  (Read 32869 times)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
I hope you are ok.

Your game looks cool.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Hope the health improves. Great looking stuff. Hope the game was enjoyed by all. :)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Apologies for my bad manners earlier.  I flicked off the reply quickly before work and ignored your comment about poor health.
I hope you are starting to feel better and the X ray is all OK. 
It's great that you are gaming with your daughter.  I have been unable to interest any of my family in gaming - they might have been put off by me starting with Napoleonics.

Well, it is probably just a stubborn viral infection/cold, but I have been coughing for more than 4 weeks, so I thought it wiser to let the GP check me out, and he thought I'd better get my lungs x-rayed, just to be certain nothing foul is amiss.

I shan't have Lea's party ready right away, as all of it is unpainted/partially painted (I cleaned up the Copplestone 'Barbarian Queen' today and glued her to a washer), but it will probably be finished about the time when I have finished writing the AAR.  lol

I hope you are ok.

Your game looks cool.

Thanks! Hopefully the next one will feature more fully finished/based minis.

Hope the health improves. Great looking stuff. Hope the game was enjoyed by all. :)

Thanks. This game was played solo, though, Lea's party is just in its meager beginnings (and not even statted out, yet).
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
And Part 3 of the AAR is up on the blog as well.

Here's pic (short turn, this time):

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
And the fourth turn has been written up on the blog.

Here is a pic from the AAR:

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Dammit, I was just browsing the Hasslefree catalogue... so many ideas for adventuring parties  ;D

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Turn 5 is written up on the blog, here's a pic:

I hope to get one more turn done later today.

Lea and I got her party statted up, before she went to spend her afternoon with a classmate, so now I only have to get those minis painted, then she can join me for some fun and mayhem!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Turn 6 is on the blog.

Here's the mandatory pic:

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Just finished writing up Turn 7

Here's the customary custard:

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Turn 8 is finished on the blog.

Here's the mandatory picture:

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
This is a really generic mini, fit for many genres.

I think he will see a lot of action, when I get him painted!

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
Another action packed turn.
Looks like you are busy with several projects on the go.

As you mentioned, shield is very useful in the game.  Add armour to that and characters become very hard to kill.  If you work through the mathematics, if you have a skill in each of Fighter, Shield, and Armour, a single orc will only have just over a 5% chance of hitting you.  Without a shield or armour the chance is 30%.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Another action packed turn.
Looks like you are busy with several projects on the go.

As you mentioned, shield is very useful in the game.  Add armour to that and characters become very hard to kill.  If you work through the mathematics, if you have a skill in each of Fighter, Shield, and Armour, a single orc will only have just over a 5% chance of hitting you.  Without a shield or armour the chance is 30%.

Yes, protection is nice!

When hobby-active, I always have more projects on the go, otherwise I get bored (I am mostly in the hobby because I like to game, and some of the painting/building gets a bit chore-like if I cannot shift between subjects).

Speaking of which, here's a second-hand Troll I just repaired:

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Hey, if you are after more trolls that look like the LOTR ones check these out check out the dark alliance ones. Scaled for 20mm so a bit smaller than the GW ones but still a good size.
https://www.drumandflag.co.uk/products/dark-alliance-72030-war-trolls-set-1-1-72-scale-not-gw
single piece PVC (I think) I have some unpainted and they are quite nice and definitely reasonably priced. I think I first saw them in Hobgoblins thread (or was it Zerotwentythree?)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Hey, if you are after more trolls that look like the LOTR ones check these out check out the dark alliance ones. Scaled for 20mm so a bit smaller than the GW ones but still a good size.
https://www.drumandflag.co.uk/products/dark-alliance-72030-war-trolls-set-1-1-72-scale-not-gw
single piece PVC (I think) I have some unpainted and they are quite nice and definitely reasonably priced. I think I first saw them in Hobgoblins thread (or was it Zerotwentythree?)

That's actually a nice set - I do have 4 or five unassembled LotR Trolls to do first, though (and a couple of Reaper Bones Trolls inbound), so I might be covered in the Troll department for a while - but those plastic Trolls could be a nice way to bolster my Mordor/Isengard forces  :)

In the meantime, I have cleaned up this old thing (also to use as a Troll, Demon, or whatever I fancy):