Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:36:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wasteland Chronicles Water Merchants and Raiders.  (Read 7334 times)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
Wasteland Chronicles Water Merchants and Raiders.
« on: January 16, 2009, 06:36:55 PM »
Hallo, I am Jonas from Denmark, this is my first post here on Lead Adventures forum.

I use to play miniature games with Thorbjørn and Phoenikuz and I was part of the raiding party on the town Two Angels.

What I present here is part of the caravan which was on the way to Two Angels, this is a caravan of Water Merchants, because Two Angels don't have their own water purification system.

Here you see the two water trucks, the red one still needs the finishing touches on the paint job.
The people are from left to right; two water guard mercenaries, Hannah Solo, Ned "Two Head" and John.
To the right you can see a water purification device, a pre war artifact.

Here is some of my savages, some of them was part of the raiding of Two Angels and now they gathered some more members to gang up on the more heavily armed Water Merchants.
From left to right; Black Magic, some insane un-named dude, Mr Skimask, Voodoo, Beast and another un-named guy + their two pet lizards.

I believe the raiders will be joined by more savages and there will probably be other raiding parties out for the water too, so I think in the near future I will meet up with Thorbjørn and Phoenikuz again and battle this out.

There is also some power armoured troops on the way to aid the Water Merchants and I hear rumours about some Squat slave caravan being in the area too, so there might happen several encounters.

- Jonas

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Re: Wasteland Chronicles Water Merchants and Raiders.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 07:36:13 PM »
Love it!

I really think Ned takes the price for coolest dude! Hahaha!

I think the trucks could need a bit more weathering. I find that weathering is an easy "instant good top nice look"-tool for vehicles. There are tons of ways to do it too and I'll be happy to show some, when we meet up next time.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 07:46:41 PM »
Very nice. I agree that the trucks could do with some weathering, maybe just applying a black-brown wash in a careful fashion (only in recesses and around the rivets). I´m currently painting up a bunch of those Savages as well. Superb figures, even after all those years.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 07:59:46 PM »
The red truck is really not finished at all, I just took some early pictures because Thorbjørn kept bugging me, the green truck has some weathering on the metal parts, it is not so easy to see on this photo, but I must take some better at a later time and maybe also add some dust to the green parts.

Ned is a cool dude, he is actually a vault dweller, that is why he has the blue jumpsuit. "Vault dweller?" you ask, wondering how a mutant could be a vault dweller. Well that is a good question, he was actually left outside a vault as a newborn baby and the scanners in the vault picked up his life signs out there, so they went out and got him, he was then fostered by a caring family, but he never felt that he belonged and when he grew up he left the vault to go adventuring on his own.

Offline Sendak

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 11:15:41 PM »

Welcome to the forum. Those figs are great.
"Primative life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth." Stephen Hawking

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 11:43:17 PM »
Welcome. Good stuff. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 12:10:28 AM »
Nice raiding party, especially like the idea of the pet lizards.

Please take some pictures during your next games and post them, I'm completly into a this post apocalyptic kind of games right now. O, and which rules are you using for the games? (always interested to learn more)

Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 08:54:02 AM »
Nice raiding party, especially like the idea of the pet lizards.

Please take some pictures during your next games and post them, I'm completly into a this post apocalyptic kind of games right now. O, and which rules are you using for the games? (always interested to learn more)

Torben has written a set based on the rules he likes called Wasteland Chronicles. Jonas and I are helping out playtesting them and shaping them into something we all like.

Torben is really great at writing background stuff I think, so his work often has a lot of atmosphere, which is really more important than hard rules. I mean - almost any skirmish game could be used for PA. Choose one and write some cool gear and persona lists for it and you're go.

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 12:19:09 PM »
welcome great stuff

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 09:55:44 AM »
Hi Jonas,

great first post!

I love Mr Skimask  8)
I wish I had one of those figures, but I think adding a mask might be a fairly easy conversion with some green stuff etc.
Something to try soon, I think  :)

Welcome aboard!

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 10:53:41 AM »
Hi Jonas,

great first post!

I love Mr Skimask  8)
I wish I had one of those figures, but I think adding a mask might be a fairly easy conversion with some green stuff etc.
Something to try soon, I think  :)

Welcome aboard!

Thanks all...

Well, most of the savages (all but the red haired guy) is still available to buy from EM4 Miniatures, so no reason to go nuts with greenstuff, unless you want an unique model of your own.

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »
Hey great to see what youve done with the Ramshackle Vehicles! Id nver thought of water transporters, great idea.

Offline Geudens

• Mastermind
  • 39th generation heir of Charles Martel (no joke!)
    • http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 11:19:10 AM »
Love it!
I think the trucks could need a bit more weathering. I find that weathering is an easy "instant good top nice look"-tool for vehicles. There are tons of ways to do it too and I'll be happy to show some, when we meet up next time.

Exactly my thoughts, but otherwise: great! (especially the idea of water-running).

Rudi
do visit my websites & photobucket:
http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
http://www.tsoa.be/
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/geudens_photos/

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 02:54:29 PM »
Hey great to see what youve done with the Ramshackle Vehicles! Id nver thought of water transporters, great idea.

I got the idea of water merchants from playing Fallout 1, I am so unfortunate that non of my computers can run the 3rd, but the two first are still great and can give much good inspiration to post apocalypse settings.

The water tank on the red truck is not glued on, so it can be taken on or off at will, that makes it useable for other scenarios too and the tank can always be used for good scenery in a settlement.

I am really happy about my Ramshackle vehicles, I think their look and size is just perfect for games like this and the price is just so right  :D, the green one was a bit hard to assemble and I had to use lot of greenstuff/milliput, but the result is well worth it.

I am pretty sure I will be back and add more vehicles to my collection at a later point and I think the Squat slave caravan will be using a Boneyeard truck as part of a "land-train", but that is a project from Thorbjørn, but I am sure we will see more about that later.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 06:55:02 PM »
Nice stuff, though I'm not sure if I'd buy water from a two-headed fellow. I like the classic Guardsman you added 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins