Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:08:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686585
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wasteland Chronicles Water Merchants and Raiders.  (Read 7299 times)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Re: Wasteland Chronicles Water Merchants and Raiders.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 07:25:22 PM »
Nice stuff, though I'm not sure if I'd buy water from a two-headed fellow. I like the classic Guardsman you added 8)

Hahaha great point!

I can't wait to get my cold hands on those ramshackle thingies.. in fact I'm just waiting for an invoice from Curtis!

Plan is to make a scrunt slave train along the idea of vintage circus wagons  - you know the ones with large bars.
A living quarter wagon should also be in there. And of course the locomotive in form of a boneyard truck.

Two bikes fell into the bag too - I figured the slavers would have someone scouting ahead of them.. the train being quite slow and all.

Post apocalyptic javas I think!  lol

And no more thread jack:
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »
Post apocalyptic javas I think!  lol

And no more thread jack:

I don't mind, after all the two caravans might very well run into eachother at some point, maybe Ned will be enslaved as a circus freak, hahaha...

Offline The Rock

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 10:31:50 AM »
Torben has written a set based on the rules he likes called Wasteland Chronicles. Jonas and I are helping out playtesting them and shaping them into something we all like.

Torben is really great at writing background stuff I think, so his work often has a lot of atmosphere, which is really more important than hard rules. I mean - almost any skirmish game could be used for PA. Choose one and write some cool gear and persona lists for it and you're go.

Is Wasteland Chronicles based on No-limits Road Warriors?

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »
Torben has written a set based on the rules he likes called Wasteland Chronicles. Jonas and I are helping out playtesting them and shaping them into something we all like.

Torben is really great at writing background stuff I think, so his work often has a lot of atmosphere, which is really more important than hard rules. I mean - almost any skirmish game could be used for PA. Choose one and write some cool gear and persona lists for it and you're go.

Is Wasteland Chronicles based on No-limits Road Warriors?

No, I believe it's based on Torbens own ideas (which are an amalgation of all kinds of things, I think?).

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »
@Jonas

Great figures! But of course, I've already told you so on MSN. Still, they are great and I can't wait to see them on a table in the near future!

@Rock

Well, I guess that I've got to release some bits about the game, eh? Wasteland Chronicles is based a whole lot more - if any - on VOID from the defunct i-Kore miniatures. I've always liked the simplicity of it's game design and it's ease of play even when you fielded a whole lot of miniatures on the board at once... Which is actually what Wasteland Chronicles is all about.

I wanted a post-apocalyptic skirmish system that allowed for big gangs duking it out, scaleable down to personal skirmishes, mano-e-mano, all done in roughly the same time span. That's the basic idea, coupled with all other sort of odd little ideas that struck my fancy along the way. I'm hoping to have it ready for public release in early spring. Fingers crossed.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 08:10:43 AM »
Sounds good, I always loved VOID too 8) And I was wondering why I couldn't find any rules on your blog but now I know: they haven't been posted yet ;)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 11:56:06 AM »

, the green one was a bit hard to assemble and I had to use lot of greenstuff/milliput, but the result is well worth it.

Well, the newer castings are improving all the time! SO yes, our old stuff can be a bit ricky to assemble....