Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:09:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690462
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: I Fought, We Won: The Glorantha Project Thread  (Read 10279 times)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
Re: I Fought, We Won: The Glorantha Project Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 08:18:06 PM »
Now is the time! I'm just prepped on my warband, hopefully pics soon. This thread is turning out great, but now I need to contribute...

Offline psullie

• Scientist
    • Paul's Blog
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 10:26:46 AM »
Hobgoblin, that's a lovely Broo paint job, nice!

I've just finished painting old citadel range, the last set was the dragonewts, I went well outside my comfort zone and painted in super technicolor!

Offline bigredbat

• Mad Scientist
    • BigRedBatCave
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 10:43:04 AM »
Really nice.

Marcus at Foundry recently sent me some samples- Foundry do a "terror bird" which would make an excellent mount for a dragonewt.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2016, 11:09:01 AM »
Hobgoblin, that's a lovely Broo paint job, nice!

I've just finished painting old citadel range, the last set was the dragonewts, I went well outside my comfort zone and painted in super technicolor!

Thanks! Great to see those dragonewts all painted up. The vivid colour schemes work well - and I particularly like the pale face on the full priest.

Apologies for reposting images from my own thread, but I was thinking of dragonewts while painting up this commander for my son's 15mm lizardemen (for Mayhem). The mount is literally a demi-bird, with that tail. I'm happy for a dragonewt commander to have an iron sword, but I may well sneak bronze weapons into some of the other "lizardman" elements - and the odd dragonewt rune. I reckon Glorantha in 15mm will be quite easy, given the range of suitable (and cheap!) historicals. And some 15mm pig-faced orcs could make some rather nice Uz ...

Offline Keeper Nilbog

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2016, 11:15:33 AM »
Finally got around to building the previously mentioned models, and started on the paint work.

Do Orlanthi have a particular colour associated with them ? I know Lunar's generally go with Red, but as Tarshites are a mix, I was wondering. I feel blue's would work well - Orlanth being an air god.

Also, as my current google fu is poor, can anyone point me toward a good resource for 'Runes', as I thin they may end up as shield designs, or on other items of clothing (Air and Mobility, Lunar Runes, not really Chaos as I don't see the Tarshite's being that keen on that side of the Empire.

Offline bigredbat

• Mad Scientist
    • BigRedBatCave
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2016, 11:18:53 AM »
I often go with blue, which matches the blue tattoos as well.

Offline psullie

• Scientist
    • Paul's Blog
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2016, 04:53:25 PM »
Orlanthi mostly wear undyed wool, lined and leather. Brighter colours such as reds and greens would be reserved for wealthy individuals.

glorantha.com has a pdf of common runes: http://www.glorantha.com/docs/introduction-to-runes/

Offline psullie

• Scientist
    • Paul's Blog
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2016, 04:55:31 PM »
I've come to end of my RuneQuest collection re-paint project, the Inhuman King from Archive Miniatures...

Offline bigredbat

• Mad Scientist
    • BigRedBatCave
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2016, 06:21:55 PM »
Lovely- great colours! I am absolutely gutted that I sold my own Archive Dragonewts.

Offline psullie

• Scientist
    • Paul's Blog
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2016, 11:21:04 AM »
hi all

continued my Big Rubble themed games during the week. this time a Sun Dome raid on a broo lair... part one up on the blog: http://www.posullivandesign.com

thanks for looking, cheers

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2016, 02:30:25 PM »
Nice looking dungeon and minis. Now I'm a bit curious about the Glorantha setting.

Offline weismonsters

• Scientist
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2016, 10:06:35 AM »
Some great colourful stuff in this thread. Really like the chicken riders.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2016, 05:44:09 PM »
Glorantha is a great setting
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Re: Uz and them?
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2016, 01:35:00 PM »
I acquired some old Grenadier goblins recently that look good as trollkin. So a little skirmish band of Uz might make a nice side-project. I've got quite a few old Fantasy Tribe Citadel orcs kicking around that are a reasonable fit for Uzko - taller and heavier than humans, but with some of the height disguised by slouching. And pot-bellied too.

My copy of Trollpak disappeared many years ago. So I'm a bit hazy on what dark trolls and trollkin should look like - at least as far as things that can be effected through minimal conversions and paintwork.

This is what I recall from decades ago (and from a cursory trawl of the internet):

• Grey or black skin; maybe mottled or sometimes other colours? Purplish? Blueish?
  • No iron weapons. Bronze - or enchanted lead for rune lords and the like.
  • Insect insignia and the darkness rune.
  • Predominantly concussive weapons - maces, mauls and slings; spears for trollkin, though.

Is there anything I've missed? I also have a Chronicle ogre with a face greenstuffed into a trollish snout about 15 years ago to be a great troll ...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:40:32 PM by Hobgoblin »

Offline psullie

• Scientist
    • Paul's Blog
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2016, 06:18:37 PM »
hi Hobgoblin

yep you got the colour and weapons right. As with runes you could add the darkness, man and magic runes for Kygor Litor or the disorder, death and darkness runes for zorak zoran followers

also, a bit like star trek klingons, there are two eras of depicting trolls, RQ2 were much more like standard goblins and infant many of the early Citadel figures were renamed as goblins...