Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:26:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689759
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Geezers "Shut It!" first game report with pics  (Read 6165 times)

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
Geezers "Shut It!" first game report with pics
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:56:29 PM »
Got my copy of Geezers "Shut It!" about two weeks ago and decided to bang together a game last Friday. Now, I haven't had time yet to paint up my official Geezers figs so I used some Foundry Street Violence, Amazon Miniatures, and some coppers from the defunct Tactical Miniatures company. Decided to knock together a negotiations chart and have some punks

buying some good old fashion drugs off some skins

[imgwidth=396 height=297]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/TwoGunBob/geezer04.jpg[/img]

while an undercover narcotics agent waited to call on back up and make the bust

The deal was to go down in the alley behind the movie theater

and the Hobo Dogs take away

The gangs were made up of one Mad Harry (leader of the gang) each and two ne'er do wells. Now unfortunately using Foundry figures meant they were armed a little heavier than the usual Geezers game and I suggested a bit of roleplay on not just cutting loose with the firearms at the drop of a dime as that could mean hard time in the pokey for just shooting down officers of the law.
The gangs had to meet in the back alley and get their Mad Harrys in base to base contact to begin negotiations using a chart I banged together. The undercover officer could activate 1d6 turns after the gangs started moving and the Top Geezer rolled a '2' and was underway just a hair behind the gangs. Once activated the Geezer could call in back up in the form of three uniformed officers and in a diamond moment he scored a '1' and the badges just as the exchange began so the pressure was on to get the deal up and over with so the crooks could get back to their cars before the coppers scooped up the lot of them.

Little known to the players I decided to have a third gang (yeah, yeah, I'm only gamemastering here wink wink) ambush the deal to further add to the problems. Bursting out of the back of the theater were the juveniles trying to blag both the drugs AND the money.

Up to this point it had only been Shift It! rolls for movement and people laughing at the narcotics agent scuttling like a crab with an 8cm move, a 10cm move basically crawling but making a mad dash through the Big 'G' Burger and hopping over the counter and through the back door. It would have been more heroic if it hadn't taken a good four turns to do so...

So right about the time the back door of the Gizmonic Burger stand burst open with a 'Freeze! You're nicked!' a gang of schoolgirls and heavy metal kids slammed out of the movie theater and got the drop on both gangs.
It got tasty as the gangs decided to show the pipe and knife wielding kiddies a taste of lead...

A hail of SMG fire echoed through the alley...

and two of the schoolgirls got their knickers in a bind and hit the ground in pools of their red red lifeblood. At this point Bottle checks were failed and the gal with the green mohawk legged it for a hiding place. One of the skin birds lost her nerve completely and started hauling it for a board edge and out of the game. Right on her heels was pipe wielding Edgar who decided she had the right idea and was also leaving the area as fast as he could.

The copper also blew his Bottle and apparently wet himself at the sound of gunfire and moved 12cm back through the alley to group up with the shotgun armed officer that was heading towards the sound of gunfire.

Naturally things got a bit hectic here and the camera was forgotten. The Top Geezer got back into the action and used his Automatic Hit ability to take out the SMG armed schoolgirl as the Mad Harrys made their breaks with the money and drugs having exchanged hands in the skins favor. As they legged it one of the coppers caught up with pink haired Kat and gave her a rifle butt to the noodle and knocked her out cold. Another copper pulled off a shot at the last skin bird and she crumpled up, out of the game. In the ensuing chaos the poor green haired punkette gave up the ghost and just dropped her gun and put her hands up and was subsequently cuffed.

At this point both Mad Harrys were all that was left were the punk and skin leaders as the kids had either been shot, booted, or just gave up. The skin leader had to get through one lagging copper and he was away while the punk leader had a clear shot for the car with the narcotics agent on his tail. There was an exhange of gunfire wounding both and then a round of Rough Stuff as the agent tried to pull the crook back out of his car.

In the end the skin made it through the cop

and away in his van.

While the punk rocker threw his car in reverse and started backing down the street in a hail of gunfire.

We houseruled the car could only get up to 20cm in reverse to the player decided to do a 180 and well....

At the end of the day the skins technically won since they came out ahead in the drug deal and got away. The narcotics agent got to turn his back on an exploding car and slowly walk away while the punks were going to get some hard porridge.

Overall the game took about an hour and half, we had a few questions arise during the game but I've asked those over at the Geezers Yahoo group. We didn't go through the court phase of the game but we noted that all the evidence chits were false leads so it was likely that everyone arrested would probably walk on technicalities.

Overall a great game and we plan to rerun the scenario next week or the week after that.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 09:59:45 PM by TwoGunBob »

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Re: Geezers "Shut It!" first game report with pics
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:39:46 PM »
Nice report and cool piccies. I'm not familiar withthe system but it sounds fun in a Grand-Theft-Auto kind of way 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Sendak

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 01:59:47 AM »
Gor that looks fun.

What a great write up!
"Primative life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth." Stephen Hawking

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 08:10:02 AM »
Obviously you guys had a great time. Good job bringing in the juveniles. I really like to spring suprises on my players as well. I makes game also just that more tense and a bit more fun for the GM. Allthough I may have overdone it the one time the players made a lot of noise fighting on a junkyard, thereby (re)activating a big robot...

Also good to see the street violence punkers. As a matter of fact I removed them from my lead pile to get a paint job just over a week ago. As soon as I've bought a new can of undercoat I'll happily paint them up. :)
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 09:35:26 AM »
Obviously you guys had a great time. Good job bringing in the juveniles. I really like to spring suprises on my players as well. I makes game also just that more tense and a bit more fun for the GM. Allthough I may have overdone it the one time the players made a lot of noise fighting on a junkyard, thereby (re)activating a big robot...

It wasn't that bad, we took it down in about two turns  ;)

The dinosaurs on the other hand....

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 10:13:03 AM »
The dinosaurs on the other hand....

Well..  euhmm... as soon as you guys started driving your vehicles into them at top speed the life expectancy became a lot less...

Maybe it's time for another mad scientist to do some more experiments on them and befor you know it they are back (though maybe zombiefied  ;D)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 08:45:10 PM »
Aaaaaaar!

I soo wanna try these Geezers rules. Me and my gaming buddy have bought a host of miniatures to make a game inspired by the old computer game "ganja farmer" and it sounds like geezers would be a nice platform to build it upon.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 01:10:06 PM »
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline The Gonk

• Assistant
    • Little Lead Heroes
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 01:41:39 PM »
http://www.killerbgames.com/  ;)

U.S. Customers take note: Don't worry if you don't know your 'apples and pears' from  your  'plates of meat.'  The Americanised version of "Geezers ! Shut it!!" Entitled "Mean City" will be released soon. Hopefully that will have made your day punks!

Thank god!  I always thought the title maybe meant, "Cops!  Run!!"  But now I'm guessing it's more like, "Freeze, punks!"  Am I close?

Game looks great and sounds like fun, though!  And I like the figures.  And I have been watching the original Life On Mars lately...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:43:38 PM by The Gonk »

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 03:50:06 PM »
Thanks for the comments. Geezers does include its own glossary as an easy to follow guide into the world of slang.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »
No, "Shut It" is a quote from a British cop show, The Sweeney, and it means, "Be quiet!" or "Shut up!"
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 11:51:09 AM »
Just found this: 

http://autopendium.com/videos/iFeJAe4f9g0

Forgot the other actors had even been in it, much more famous in Crossroads and the Bill.