Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:26:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Classy way to keep your Fortune Card deck from Dog Might  (Read 2999 times)

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
Classy way to keep your Fortune Card deck from Dog Might
« on: June 19, 2016, 07:16:44 PM »
Wasn't really sure where to post this, but as I've been doing Pulp Alley scenarios at local conventions, I thought I would share it with you Pulp aficionados.

I'm always trying to give a professional presentation at conventions, so I've become a huge fan of the fine wooden hand-crafted accessories made by the great guys at Dog Might. I've been looking for a good deck holder for my ever-expanding Fortune Deck, and Dog Might's remake of their deck boxes intrigued me. I checked out their booth at Origins Game Fair (Columbus Ohio) yesterday, and was blown away seeing the deck boxes up close. I snatched one up and am sharing it with you today. Since I supported their Dragon Sheath Kickstarter, they gave me a great discount and a free game! Yep, there are much cheaper ways to set up your card deck, including just putting it on the table, but when doing multi-player games a deck holder keeps your deck secure from tip-overs and such. And this thing, like their other products, was just too classy looking for me to resist!  o_o

Here is the deck box. It's customizable, currently with 26 design options. My Dragon Sheath has the raven sculpt, so when I saw a deck box with the raven, I was sold. The reverse side has dragon claws and a counter. The halves stay together with super magnets, as does the counter. And yes, I put all my cards in sleeves for protection. Some, like the Arm Injury card in the discard pile, are limited edition.

Here are my other Dog Might creations, a Dice Chest in which I transport my templates and also serves as a great dice-rolling tray (I actually have two of these, one of which I purchased at Origins last year--for a discount!--and one of which I purchased online), and the aforementioned Dragon Sheath, in which I transport my 6 inch rulers and laser pointers. It's in two parts, also held together with magnets.

Dice Chest and Deck Box are white ash with red oak finish, Dragon Sheath is bubinga with leopardwood banding.
I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
Re: Classy way to keep your Fortune Card deck from Dog Might
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 07:55:45 PM »
Those are Brilliant! Card sleeves I got, but I was using ziplock bags and mtg card deck boxes to keep my decks for various games from damage!

Love a bit of carved wood! :o

Great idea!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »
Very cool, but I keep mine in a heirloom leather cigarette pouch box thing.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 12:56:14 AM »
Very cool, but I keep mine in a heirloom leather cigarette pouch box thing.

That sounds great, and absolutely well in keeping with all things Pulp!

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 05:17:59 AM »
Classy, indeed! Those look great!  :-*

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 12:28:56 AM »
Classy, indeed! Those look great!  :-*

Classy look for a classy production! Not just a set of rules, but a way of life!   ;D

OK, that last bit may be somewhat of an overstatement.   8)

By the way, just got confirmation that my wood-crafted wares will be on view again at 9 am Saturday July 9 at Oakland University in the suburban Detroit area for Michicon 2016. I'm trying another 6-player scenario  o_o so wish me well. The e-e-e-v-i-l-l Dr Munro, after our heroes foiled his plans to animate corpses with power fists, has turned up in the American southeast, with still another diabolical laboratory hidden in the countryside. It is rumored that he is dabbling in the arcane, trying to summon an ancient Egyptian demon called Apophis. Obviously, there are many who would turn the power of Apophis to their own purposes, fair or foul, and still others who would seek to banish this demon back to the underworld. I'll probably use the Hidalgo Fire scenario again, and am thinking of using three-character leagues (Leader-Sidekick-Ally) instead of my normal four due to time restraints: four hours to teach rules and play the game. Join us if you can!

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 04:39:14 PM »
........ I'm trying another 6-player scenario (Pulp Alley) o_o so wish me well. The e-e-e-v-i-l-l Dr Munro, after our heroes foiled his plans to animate corpses with power fists, has turned up in the American southeast, with still another diabolical laboratory hidden in the countryside. It is rumored that he is dabbling in the arcane, trying to summon an ancient Egyptian demon called Apophis. Obviously, there are many who would turn the power of Apophis to their own purposes, fair or foul, and still others who would seek to banish this demon back to the underworld. I'll probably use the Hidalgo Fire scenario again, and am thinking of using three-character leagues (Leader-Sidekick-Ally) instead of my normal four due to time restraints: four hours to teach rules and play the game. Join us if you can!

THANKS so much for playing and sharing Pulp Alley. Wish we could be there!

We sent you more promo cards and some posters earlier this week.

HAVE FUN