Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:28:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bohemian Blitzkrieg campaign - edit 4th August, see 1st post for new map moves  (Read 6615 times)

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
Re: Bohemian Blitzkrieg campaign edit 1st July
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 08:49:28 PM »

Hi Noigrim,

We're not using warfare in the Age of Reason to fight the battles. We're using a home spun version of Piquet especially developed for fighting battles with 30+ units a side. We like the tension of the initiative swings and flexible turn sequence.

Offline noigrim

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 09:25:08 PM »
Hm, with oriolbarcelona we're thinking of making a french and indian campaign next year, what rules would you reccomend?
we thought of age of reason for both but there is no "american setting" map that we know of.

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 10:06:59 PM »
Hi Noigrim,

For a French and Indian Campaign I think I have the perfect map part solution. Have got, played, or know of "Wilderness War" by GMT games. If you want to play that campaign that is where I would start. It is simply so elegantly splendid that I know, once played, you will want to marry it to your preferred set of table games rules for a belting campaign. This might take a bit of practice and you will need to play the board game a few times to see how the combat results work (for transferring table results back to the campaign map) but I highly recommend this is where you should start.

For the table games, I would look at Muskets and Tomahawks. I've only played four or five games with the League of Gentlemen Wargamers, and then not with the advanced rules, but I thought it excellent for recreating the feel of the that "Kleines Krieg" style of campaign. Being a count heads game it should be quite easy to transfer to a map based board game and vice versa.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:12:10 PM by olicana »

Offline noigrim

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 11:45:30 PM »
The map looks promising  :o

a board game I reckon but whe would playi the battles with a wargame nice, any rules online?

For the battles we want big ones instead of skirmishes so age of reason should be better, perhaps e could adapt the above map to AoR?

here they are http://www.gmtgames.com/living_rules/WILDERNESS-2010_Rules.pdf we can adapt to age of reason using each strength point as a base of 4 men, hence a line infantry unit has the usual 12 but an indian warband only 4
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:07:27 AM by noigrim »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 02:17:54 AM »
Ick, Age of Unreason.  'Nuff said.  (personal, pronounced prejudice showing)

Okay, now you point them out, I do see the contours, so good show.  As to the long hill, you just need that - a long hill - to go under your cloth.  I have several 4' long hills I can use on my table that is built but not quite finished.  One day soon.  I hope!

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 10:53:38 AM »
We are only using the Bohemian Blitzkrieg campaign rules. The battles are being fought using home spun Piquet.

Because everything here is 'under the table' so to speak, I use a modular hill building system using 1" (some 2") thick insulation board. It helps to resolve some storage issues, though when I've completely finished it will still fill two double door kitchen base units. Hills to cover a 15 x 6 table take up a fair amount of space.

This is the set up for Lobositz 1756
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:03:15 PM by olicana »

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 03:00:36 PM »
Latest campaign posts added to list of links at bottom of OP

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Re: Bohemian Blitzkrieg campaign edit 2nd July
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 08:36:36 PM »
May I ask what width of road you use and are they commercial pieces

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2016, 02:08:12 AM »
Storage?  Isn't that what the space under the table is for?!  I built my table extra high to allow more storage under it - and because I'm north of 6'.  I could fill our 8' x 12' storage shed with all my gaming stuff and still need more room.  I actually find based trees to be the real hog - but based trees sure set up a table faster.

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2016, 10:01:39 AM »
My table is set at the height of kitchen units because that is what it's based on. Here is a WIP pic of two more units being added after I had a new kitchen fitted. There are two banks, one down either side. The 2' gap, running down the middle between them, is used to store 'gubbins of the trade' such as unused insulation board, large tins of paint, and all the other crud.

I live in a four storey Victorian town house, built in 1870, so it doesn't have a garage and the land, on which the house's stables stood, was sold (1940s? to build more housing) long before I bought the property. We don't even have a shed. We have a large, permanent lean-to in the back yard which is mainly used to store fire wood and garden stuff, and the large coal cellar under the front path is too leaky, because of the man-holed coal chute, to store much other than push bikes. It's quite a big house (by UK standards), and my game room is the third biggest in it, but storage is an issue.

BTW: The piece of table- top at the side there, is the drop leaf extension which extends the table from its basic fixed 12 foot length to 14' 8". I only put it up for big games because it only leaves an 18" at the end of the table when it's up. When it's down it covers the gap between the units, like a big door, for added tidiness.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:04:19 AM by olicana »

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 05:22:03 PM by olicana »

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Bohemian Blitzkrieg campaign - edit 8th July
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 05:58:50 PM »
Interesting action at Niemes.
Sometimes even at our best, the rules do not work out.
Looks like you came up with a good solution.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2016, 07:23:52 PM »
WoW!  :o
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2016, 03:45:22 PM »
The Battle of Sabotka has been fought. A glorious bloody victory for the outnumbered (53 to 42 SPs) Prussians under Schwerin.

http://olicanalad.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/bohemian-blitzkrieg-battle-of-sobotka.html

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
deleted
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:17:59 AM by olicana »