Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (AP 2018) General Lee Too Fat's Warlord Chinese for BoB - 3rd times the charm!  (Read 11475 times)

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
Looks like I have some painting to do then.  lol

Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Damn 15s! I didn't know that we had that authority! Hammer's collection would have suffered horribly in the past if I had known. lol lol lol
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Sir, you are hereby provided ticket number 38,567.9.  This ticket entitles you to a report on December 31, 2018 wherein you shall report complete success and be granted full gaming privileges in 2019.  Failure to achieve all goals herein this thread stated shall result in highly restricted gaming allowances in 2019 and a complete forfeiture of the collection you are working on to a worthy charity.  You have been warned.

:D

That's right!

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
Small update.

The outstanding Copplestone figures arrived now. Simply fantastic service. I had a tiny request and they delivered. Kudos.

I also painted the FT17 and 2 Rolls Royce armoured cars (but somehow lost a MG barrel  :'( ) I need to get an assistant or something as I'm not in the mood to post photos. I'll do it later this week.

I'm taking an online course. 2 weeks til it's done so hopefully I can plow through the remainder once its over.

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
Sir, you are hereby provided ticket number 38,567.9.  This ticket entitles you to a report on December 31, 2018 wherein you shall report complete success and be granted full gaming privileges in 2019.  Failure to achieve all goals herein this thread stated shall result in highly restricted gaming allowances in 2019 and a complete forfeiture of the collection you are working on to a worthy charity.  You have been warned.
 :D

I really need to snap some photos but the summer was kind and the Chinese officers, bugler's, bannermen, troopers and MG crew are done.
As is the advisor and female companion.
Mini wise, all I have left are the bandits and the motorcycle with the side car.
The armoured cars, renault and leichter kampfwagen are complete.
I never ended up purchasing the extra 6 cavalry so I'm purposely not going to start the 3 I have.
The planes and pilots still need work as well as building flight stands for the planes but they are not of great concern as they do come prepainted.

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
Just did an inventory of what needs to be done.

2 officers
British advisor
Female companion for the warlord
3 buglers
3 standard bearers
23 troopers
Machine gun section
Bandit chief
17 bandits
Motorcycle with machine gun sidecar

2 British Rolls Royce Mk1 Armoured Car
Renault FT 17
Leichter Kampfwagen II

Piccies or it didn't happen. Added the Blogger App onto my phone so it will be easier for me to post the pictures now.

Here are the infantry. The unbased figures on the right are also now partially based, so I'm calling them done as they will be tonight.

Below are the vehicles:

British Rolls Royce Mk1 Armoured Car. I lost the machine gun barrel. Oops. I will probably add some decals eventually.

British Rolls Royce Mk1 Armoured Car. The machine gun barrel has since come off BUT I know where it is.

Renault FT 17. The spray primer seriously screwed up. It is gritty on one side of the tank. Extra paint and ink wash helped to minimize it but it's noticeable. Am I going to fix it. Nope.

Leichter Kampfwagen II

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
I finished the colour parties now.

The figures in peaked caps are my regular forces. The two in fur hats are my bandits. The picture is dark so the middle banner (yellow banner with the dragon) and far right bugler.

Flags from http://majorthomasfoolery.blogspot.ca/2015/01/flags-for-chinese-warlordback-of-beyond.html

Each command section has 2 officers, a flag bearer and a bugler.

Just have to base the machine gun (go and buy a metal washer) and my regular forces are finished!

I'll try to take a (decent) photograph with everything.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:52:04 AM by Johnno »

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Looking grand! Of course I will argue with you that your forces are completed  lol lol lol
I am shocked that you think that your Chinese could ever be completed! It only mean that as the Dogmeat General's forces continue to grow that we will overwhelm you! Just as the Marxists point out, it is historically inevitable that the modes of production will determine that  next dynasty will inevitably arise from the Dogmeat General's loins  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
Finished for now. I plan on doubling the rank and file troops (from 50 to 100)