Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:21:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Genghis' Inq28 [Further Cawdor trio added 12 Jan 24]  (Read 85294 times)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Genghis' Inq28 [Further Cawdor trio added 12 Jan 24]
« on: June 30, 2016, 06:32:54 PM »
Having ditched 40K several years back, I've recently staged a bit of a return to sci-fi figures for an Inquisitor campaign with 28mm figures.  Whilst I suck at painting faces, I'm still quite pleased with how the figures turned out, so thought I'd share them here.

L-R: Erin the sniper (Statuesque Minis), Rogue Trader Lady Simone Grey (x2, because I couldn't decide between the figures, Hasselfree - with head, pistol & sword swap, and Raging Heroes) and Bethan the bodyguard (Statuesque Minis).

L-R: Kaylee the mechanic (Bombshell Minis), Sola the Xenos bodyguard (Space Vixens from Mars - with added shotgun) & Hanna the shuttle pilot/ex-smuggler (Hasselfree)

L-R: Hanna (Dark Sword), Lady Simone (Dark Sword) & Bethan (Reaper) ready to go under cover at the Governor's Ball - lots of space under Lady Simone's skirt for concealed weaponry.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 08:35:24 PM by Genghis »
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 50  Figures Painted: 9
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
Re: Some Inquisitor 28 Figures
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 09:06:54 PM »
Good stuff. Impressive. Off to try and find the Green Martian.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 09:35:36 PM »
I wanted one of the Tin Man Minis ones, but they seem to have disappeared as a company.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 03:58:49 AM »
Whilst I suck at painting faces,
Yep, I wish I sucked at painting faces that badly myself.
Love email all, especially the four armed pink shotgun toting fella.

Grimm

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 07:36:59 AM »
Very cool. I really like the well-dressed lady acolytes.

I wanted one of the Tin Man Minis ones, but they seem to have disappeared as a company.

Interesting, the webstore appears to messed up. Tin Man makes some crisp miniatures, among my favorite to paint.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline galatea77

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 03:39:57 PM »
Inspiring work ! Great vivid colours. The faces look good too.

I sometimes don't bother painting the eyes, it seems to detract sometimes from the 'whole' of the figure. I read once that the eyes are the most important part as our gaze naturally gravitates to the eyes. So by not painting the eyes maybe that can be mitigated. Down to personal taste I guess. Yours look good, carry on !!

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 11:47:59 AM »
Thank-you for the compliments.  I guess maybe the faces aren't too bad, although the 3 in ball gowns were the most recent ones I finished, and they're definitely not as good as some of the others.  I do find faces odd in that sometimes they come out quite well, and other times not so much, but I'm not really sure why.  They all pass the 2 ft test though, so they'll do for gaming.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Some Inquisitor 28 Figures [New photo added 14 Aug 16]
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 08:12:28 PM »
My latest sci-fi figures: (L-R) Sister Naomi Kutschera, Parson Nathaniel Lynott & Capt George Ericson. Holy warriors spreading the Emperor's light in a dark universe.

Parson Nathaniel Lynott, an honourably discharged ex Imperial Guard Sgt who found religion in a big way and is spending his retirement spreading the Emperor’s word.  At the end of a chainsword if need be (having cut a deal with the QM, he managed to keep several bits of his issue equipment upon retirement).  Being the charismatic chap that he is, the good parson has accrued a couple of followers, both looking for redemption in the Emperor’s eyes.

Sister Naomi Kutschera was an Ecclesiarchy admin clerk who was the sole survivor of an attack upon the frontier world outpost at which she was stationed.  Somewhat traumatised by the attack, and feeling guilty at having hidden in the stationary cupboard during the attack, she pledged herself to bring death to all who spurn the Emperor’s light.  Scavenging bits of armour and weaponry from the fallen Sororitas section that had defended the church to the death, she set off into the universe(via an extensive training montage).

Capt George Ericson was the captain of the corvette Compass Rose, stationed on picquet duty at the edge of the system when the Genestealer cult revealed itself and launched the coup.  Almost 2/3 of the system’s navy had been infiltrated and joined the plotters.  The Compass Rose was too far away to join with the rest of the loyalist fleet that rallied together and engaged the rebel ships in a heroic, yet doomed action.  Faced with the choice of a suicidal attack that would achieve nothing, or fleeing the system to bring news of the coup to the Imperial Navy, Ericson reluctantly opted for the later.  By the time an Imperial Task Force assembled, the Cult had become so established across the system that it was decreed Exterminatus was the only viable option.  With their homeworld now dead, Ericson’s crew transferred into the Imperial Navy, but Ericson himself chose not to.  Crippled with guilt at having failed to do anything to stop the Cult, and surviving the death of his world, he hit the bottle.  A chance encounter with an itinerant preacher was to be his salvation.  Filed with the Emperor’s light by Parson Nathaniel’s words, he retrieved his uniform, sword and sidearm from the steamer trunk he’d never quite managed to throw away, and set off with the Parson.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 07:06:16 PM by Genghis »

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 08:57:23 PM »
Very cool. I really like the well-dressed lady acolytes.

Interesting, the webstore appears to messed up. Tin Man makes some crisp miniatures, among my favorite to paint.

Bit late, but Tin Man is back, and running a 35% off sale till the end of today.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 09:00:42 PM »
Great job - I especially like that you used Non-GW miniatures.

I have lot of fun converting some from Warmachine and Hasslefree for my warbands although I went more 40kisation road.

But I like your style.

Best feature is combat and ballroom miniatures for important characters. Idea I will surely steal :>

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 05:50:49 PM »
Bit late, but Tin Man is back, and running a 35% off sale till the end of today.

Cheers for the heads up. I don't need anything right now, but it's good to know they're back up for future reference.

AWu, I'd be lying if I said lack of skill was not at least partly responsible for not going down the full 40Kisation road.  That said, whilst we like the 40K backdrop - not least because everyone in my club is at least passingly familiar with it - we're content to play fast and loose with some aspects of it.  In practice we're probably playing 40K meets generic fringe of civilised space sci-fi.  Overall though, the amount of choice out there once you take that step beyond GW is pretty cool.

The ballgowns sprang from stumbling across a figure, thinking 'that looks cool and different - is there any way I can use it?' and bullying the GM to include a Governor's Ball scenario.  One of the other guys also got involved and his arbites left the body armour and shotguns at home and came dressed in suits with concealed sidearms.  Even the Judge put on his best dress uniform...

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 06:41:37 PM »
Well, once you have chainswords.. you are strongly 40kized  ;)

I am doing Cults in different social strata, and I wanted to have different Inquisitor with team facing each.
I sculpted my Countes Cut Leader but failed to produce appropriate high societe Inquisitor.

But your option is much more attractive model wise. Although more difficult to take.
You got me thinking about greenstuff cacting faces of my combat models and heavily converting others.. something will happen one of these days for sure  :)

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 09:47:15 PM »
I get the Jeff Wayne WOTW reference and very good stuff by the way, I have got to do something like this!
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline galatea77

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 12:06:17 AM »
Loving those recent three, great choice of figures and fun bio's, the Sisters training montage sounds ace !

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 07:33:48 PM »
AWu, if you're after upper class source figures suitable for conversion, some steampunk or Victorian historical figures might work - many already have swords and/or pistols that could be replaced with 40K weaponry to fit them into the setting.

I get the Jeff Wayne WOTW reference and very good stuff by the way, I have got to do something like this!

I was wondering if anyone would spot the reference.  The other 2 are also references to other things, although the Sister's is probably harder to spot after I changed her forename from Maria to Naomi (after the admin clerk in my office).

...the Sisters training montage sounds ace !

Even Rocky had a montage...