Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:59:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686610
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 737
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Genghis' Inq28 [Cawdor trio added 13 Feb 24]  (Read 83491 times)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Yet more Chaos Cultists added 05 May 20]
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2020, 05:15:49 PM »
My final batch of Cultists, this lot all from Blackstone Fortress: Escalation.  That's a reasonable force of 14 plus the Firebrand I've got now, plenty for Blackstone, and would give me some options for 'straight' Necromunda and/or my Inq28y gaming.  I'll probably add a psyker, sniper, and a couple of weapons options at some point, but that's for the future.  Next up are some servitors...

Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2020, 08:01:08 PM »
Great looking cultists! I really like that blue and burgundy colour scheme, I may have to pay it homage in a future project  :D They look like really nice sculpts, are they nice to paint?

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2020, 09:14:19 AM »
Awesome minis and paintjobs!

Keep up the good work!

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2020, 09:47:43 AM »
...are they nice to paint?

Yup (getting in under the skirt/tabard thing can be a bit of a pain, although because it's not really visible you can get away with paying it lip service).  Otherwise, they're a good balance of enough detail to be interesting, but not so busy that you feel like you're spending too much time on disposable mooks.

I plumped for the blue and burgundy scheme to try to make them plausibly either Tzeentchian or Slaaneshi giving me narrative flexibility.  I wasn't entirely sure I could make it work initially, but I'm quite pleased with how it's worked out.  Feel free to borrow my ideas, I've stolen plenty of inspiration from this forum...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 08:08:23 PM by Genghis »

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Servitor Children added added 08 May 20]
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2020, 08:12:05 PM »
What kind of a sick, twisted individual turns children into servitors?  This guy, it turns out.  (In model terms at least – turning actual children into servitors is a bit morally dubious even for me.  And we don’t have the technology yet.)

The two young girls I’ve so cruelly disfigured are Statuesque’s Lillie Poots and Hasslefree’s Rose, making use of a bunch of assorted parts from the bits box.  These girls are tiny; Rose (the shorter one) is only 17mm to the eye.  I envisage them primarily as NPCs, but they do have certain hardware and programming that may make them of use to a player under the right circumstances (or a threat in the wrong ones).

**The last time their mum saw Lillie and her little sister Rose was six months ago when she sent them out on an errand to the shops.  It was only to the corner of the sector, and this was supposed to be a safe part of the Hive, but they never came home. 

Two months ago, a series of break ins began, targeting the homes of the minor nobility of several of the Great Houses up-hive.  The victims have been reluctant to talk to the Enforcers, but the bodies of several house militia and security personnel have been seen on the streets outside, or through open gates at the houses concerned; all either burned to a crisp or with necks crushed by servo claws.  None of the victims have admitted to anything being stolen, claiming their top of the range security programming to be nigh on uncrackable, but that’s exactly what they’d say had their security been bypassed…  No eyewitnesses have seen anything or anyone suspicious in the vicinity of the break ins, the only seemingly common factor being some reports of the presence of a pair of young children out a bit late, one of them holding aloft a brazier to light their way as they skipped into the darkened alleyways singing “Ba Ba Black Grox”.  These reports have been dismissed as spurious coincidence.**

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2020, 08:14:49 PM »
Horrible!

Wonderful!

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2020, 09:33:04 PM »
Excellent conversions, very creative. Top painting too :)

Reminds me of the Advice Techpriest "Servitor Compatible Children" meme.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2020, 11:02:20 AM »
Wonderful additions to your collection.
 :-* :-*

More creepy kids?!?
They seem to be all the rage at the moment!
 :D

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2020, 08:11:45 PM »
Thanks

Reminds me of the Advice Techpriest "Servitor Compatible Children" meme.

Just looked that up, it raised a chuckle.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Maintenance and Cleaning Crew added 18 May 20]
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2020, 07:37:10 PM »
This has been a fun little set of figures to paint – even in the grim darkness of the 41st Millennium someone has to do the general maintenance, cleaning and tidying up.  I feel particularly sorry for the far right one – if you’re going to be mind-wiped and have your limbs removed to be replaced with augmetics as punishment for heinous crimes (such as misfiling your tax return or lollygagging), you’d at least hope to be fitted with a big gun or melee weapon.  Not only does this dude not get the substitution prize of industrial strength servo claws, he’s not even trusted with the bucket…  (Figures from Wargame Exclusive/Grimskull.)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2020, 08:07:53 PM »
These are great!
Love the window cleaner.
 :-* :-*

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2020, 11:55:16 PM »
This has been a fun little set of figures to paint – even in the grim darkness of the 41st Millennium someone has to do the general maintenance, cleaning and tidying up.  I

Very nice, they really pop. I have those myself. Not on my short list but they're lurking :)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2020, 10:52:21 AM »
Thanks.  Unlike my medicae servitors, which I couldn't quite figure out how to add a warmer colour too, I'm really pleased with how these came together.  (I so like the orangey shorts they're wearing that I'll use that as a labourer's boiler suit colour in my citizens militia/rabble at some point - possibly in the not-too-distant future when my Void militia arrive.) 

I have those myself. Not on my short list but they're lurking :) 
They're very nice to build - minimal flash and tidying required, and have enough detail to pick out that one can get away with most of the base metal being all the same colour.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Scatter terrain added 19 May 20]
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2020, 07:28:35 PM »
I've taken advantage of a day off to knock out some surprisingly rapid painting of a bit of scatter terrain.  The pipework gubbins is from Kill Team: Rogue Trader and the quad is Anvil (from a bits bag last Salute without wheels/steering wheel, which I sourced elsewhere).

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Horrors of Tzeentch added 31 May 20]
« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2020, 08:18:30 PM »
The latest instalment of the pandemic painting productivity period: a Pink Horror and it's stages of death.  Still somewhat scarred by my encounters with plague bearers and daemonettes whilst playing Inquisitor, I subscribe to the theory that even a "lesser" daemon should be a terrifyingly tough opponent, so a single suitably stat-buffed pink horror is plenty enough of a GM-controlled baddie, especially when killing it won't be the end of the matter as it splits into two blue horrors, etc.