Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:33:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Genghis' Inq28 [Daughter Superior Virginia added 20 Apr 24]  (Read 85735 times)

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Nice paint jobs.

Offline matthais-mouse

• Mad Scientist
Really nice looking stuff going on here.
Always wanted to play inquisitor, but as per the norm, the group of gamers I know arent interested so its another one of my painting porjects that will almost certainly not get used. ever. haha  lol

Glad to see someone else pumping out some great models :)
.: Logan's band of survivors of the battle of Ursun's teeth :.

For blog posts with more info here.....
http://let-the-galaxy-burn-again.blogspot.co.uk/
And the vlogs here....
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzyMQNtc1ANwIbEN80M-gwA

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Thanks.  Truth be told, I'm not sure how many of these will actually see the gaming table, but it's good to dream.  Whilst my return to the grimdark is a result of an Inquisitor campaign (hence the original title of this thread) I think in practice I'm more likely to end up using another set of skirmish rules for my narrative gaming.  (I've tried Rogue Stars, which is good fun, but I want to give Pulp Alley & Starport Scum a try, and then there's always the classic Inquisimunda.)
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 50  Figures Painted: 10
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Love the idea for the Auditor: that could be a lot of fun. Very tempted to steal it myself!

Oh, and I can highly recommend Pulp Alley for these kinds of games. It has given our group loads of fun over the last couple of years: http://preacherbyday.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Sinastras%20IV%20campaign

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
I've played one (non-sci-fi) game of Pulp Alley at a wargaming show and enjoyed it, I can see how it could work for 40K.  I'll have a proper look through your blog when I get the chance.  The thing I like about it is that the RPG-y plot point elements are already built in to the game mechanics, so there is validity in the game of taking non-combat characters (with high Cunning/Finesse, but low combat skills).

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Yes! I love that I can use all manner of civilian models (all the extras from the GW witch hunter range are some of my favourites, and here they become central to the game).

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
Lovely to see the C87 figures! You've got a great collection of civilians.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Thanks.  I'm looking forward to expanding them with C87 Wave 3.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Some Inquisitor 28/Inquisimunda Figures [more CIVPOP added 30 Oct 17]
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »
Well, it's been a while since I last painted anything, but I'm on a short break from my current deployment, so have eased myself back into painting with another pair of the rather splendid Colony 87 CIVPOP figures.  No particular story for these chaps yet, although I can envisage a scenario involving trying to get some exotic flora from the botanist.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 02:48:10 PM by Genghis »

Offline chickenbane

• Scientist
Re: Some Inquisitor 28/Inquisimunda Figures [more CIVPOP added 30 Oct 17]
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2017, 04:30:12 PM »
This is another one of those "I must comment to keep subscribed" threads. Excellent work. I love it.
Paraquat Welcomes Careful Drivers a sort of narrative blog.

Slag Valley Bullett in the grim darkness of the far future, there is a newspaper.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Some Inquisitor 28/Inquisimunda Figures [yet more CIVPOP added 31 Dec 17]
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2017, 10:10:37 AM »
Now work has stopped preventing me from modelling, I'm easing back in with the final couple of the thoroughly splendid Colony 87 figures (and a random lost explorer - something completely different - destined to be stuck to the top of my monitor at work, hence no  gaming base). 

The lady in the centre is tentatively named Mrs Slocombe (with her pussy, Bagpuss).  Whilst the elderly priest looks innocuous enough, carrying his symbol of office around with him, the eagle-eyed adventurer might pass the appropriate check to notice the subtle indications of a power source in what is actually a shock maul of some sort.  (The un-eagle-eyed adventurer will get a surprise when the priest turns out not to be as helpless as initially assumed.)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 02:47:53 PM by Genghis »

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2017, 10:59:59 AM »
Nice.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2017, 05:16:12 PM »
Nice work.
Gotta love Bagpuss.
 :-*

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
    • Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2018, 04:50:46 AM »
This is a wonderful collection of figures you've put together here!

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Scientist
  • "Mwahahahahaahaaaaaa!!!"
    • "It's Them! Blast 'Em!"
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2018, 05:19:34 AM »
Now work has stopped preventing me from modelling, I'm easing back in with the final couple of the thoroughly splendid Colony 87 figures (and a random lost explorer - something completely different - destined to be stuck to the top of my monitor at work, hence no  gaming base). 

The lady in the centre is tentatively named Mrs Slocombe (with her pussy, Bagpuss).  Whilst the elderly priest looks innocuous enough, carrying his symbol of office around with him, the eagle-eyed adventurer might pass the appropriate check to notice the subtle indications of a power source in what is actually a shock maul of some sort.  (The un-eagle-eyed adventurer will get a surprise when the priest turns out not to be as helpless as initially assumed.)

Most excellent brushwork, except that being the inveterate kitbasher that I am and utterly shameless about using proxies, I would have given the nice young lady on the left a bolt pistol in place of the primitive slugthrower... Hmmm... going to have to steal this...  :D
Leland R. Erickson
Metal Express
www.silent-death.mx

\\\\\\\"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!\\\\\\\" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus