Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:54:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Genghis' Inq28 [Cawdor trio added 13 Feb 24]  (Read 83508 times)

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Horrors of Tzeentch added 31 May 20]
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2020, 06:33:27 AM »
These last posts are really great! Keep up the good work!

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Mutant and Chaos Spawn added 04 Jun 20]
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2020, 09:07:41 PM »
These last posts are really great! Keep up the good work!

Thanks.

Next up is Jedidiah “Torso” Jones (Diehard Miniatures), a member of my loose scum & villainy faction, and a chaos spawn (Wyrd/The Other Side Breachling).  Jones was fun to paint, having a face that big to work with was different.  The Breachling was a little disappointing; I love the sculpt, but it comes pre-assembled and riddled with mould lines that are in awkward places to remove.  I gave up trying in the end, but they’re not that apparent now it’s painted (from a distance at least).

Jedidiah was 13 when the accident happened.  He was travelling with his family when the ship’s Gellar Field suffered a partial failure.  The captain dropped the ship out of the warp immediately, and the armsmen quickly tracked down and killed the handful of warp creatures that had broken into the ship.  Initial casualties were mercifully light, but many others were left changed by their exposure to the warp.  The lucky ones went mad and had no concept of their fate.  Those less fortunate were fully aware of their mutations and the fate they faced as they were rounded up by the authorities; “Suffer not the mutant to live” would be the last words many of them heard.

At first, there were no signs that anything was amiss and Jedidiah and his family were permitted to continue their journey after the ship docked in high orbit.  However, over the next several weeks, his head slowly sank into his body and his face grew to cover his entire chest.  Whilst his parents were able to keep him hidden from public view as the changes wracked his body, they knew there was no way they could keep their son’s mutation a secret indefinitely and were faced with a stark choice: hand him over to the authorities and his certain death; continue to hide him, with a near-certainty of discovery which would condemn the whole family, or smuggle him to the edge of the wastelands and abandon him, where he at least had a slim chance of survival.

Somehow, beyond the eye of civilised Imperial society, Jedidiah not only survived, but prospered, earning a reputation across the wastes as a capable mercenary/bounty hunter/gun for hire.  Despite his warp-induced mutation, he is not a worshipper of the dark gods, just an innocent(ish) unfortunate, pushed to the margins of society by the fact that large swathes of the Imperial populace would shoot him on sight.  However, unbeknownst to Jones himself, ever since he was exposed to the Warp, a daemon has been watching him, whispering into his thoughts, guiding him...  Whether for the daemon’s idle amusement, or to some greater purpose is as yet unknown.  Maybe all will become clear in the fullness of time…
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Rogue Trader & Psyker added 03 Jul 20]
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »
It's taken a while, but I've painted another brace of Blackstone Fortress heroes: Neyam Shai Murad and Aradia Madellan.  Further to the comments on Dr Mathias' wonderful thread, these two can definitely be filed under the 'very busy GW miniatures' heading; they've got a lot going on, but I'm rather happy with how they've turned out.  Next up are a whole bunch of armed Civilian rabble who should be refreshingly simpler to paint after these.

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2020, 12:36:24 PM »
That's a lovely colour scheme on your psyker - the magenta with the dove grey is a gorgeous combination.

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2020, 09:12:26 PM »
I agree, I like them both!!

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2020, 12:52:52 PM »
That's a lovely colour scheme on your psyker - the magenta with the dove grey is a gorgeous combination.

Thanks.  I can't take credit for the idea though, I found it on the interwebs somewhere (I can't remember where though) when looking for colour scheme inspiration and pretty much copied it wholesale.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Armed Rabble added 09 Jul 20]
« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2020, 08:40:32 PM »
After discovering the Void Militia courtesy of Dr Mathias' thread a little while ago, I got a couple of packs to use with my then-planned expansion to my Frateris Militia/Armed Rabble.  They're cracking figures, although I've given most of them weapon swaps for a bit more variety (and some las-weapons to make them obviously 40K).  I also took the opportunity to use some of the Anvil Industry Militia bits I had in the bits box.  This is the first of four batches of rabble I've put together.  As much as I like Dr Mathias' cohesive, limited palette look for his militia, I favour the uncoordinated mish mash of colours for my rabble.  (Shotgun dude initially had a jacket in the same shade as his shoes and hair; that's when I established that there is such a thing as too much colour.)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Armed Rabble added 09 Jul 20]
« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2020, 11:20:56 PM »
Nice.
Always good to have some armed civilian types.
 8)

But those Blackstone Fortress characters!
 :o :o

They look amazing, great colour choices on both.
 :-* :-*

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Rabble Rabble added 16 Jul 20]
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2020, 08:36:41 PM »
Here's the second batch of armed rabble.  A pair each of the Void Militia (with Anvil weapons) and Anvil Militia (with a Victoria Lewis Gun), and one Copplestone (centre, I'm quite pleased with my efforts to make her not look like a 1920s Bolshevik Heroine).  Maybe they're a public vigilance committee defending their corner of the Hive from a chaos cult, perhaps they're an angry mob ready to storm the Governor's palace, or possibly they're an itinerant preacher's flock, incited into a fervour and about to be unleashed upon whoever they've been told has turned from the Emperor's light.

...and the backs of the two ex-guardsmen; if you squint a bit the leather waistcoat sort of says SAMCROW.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2020, 09:32:22 PM »
Lovely additions to the mob.
Great jackets.
 8) 8)

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2020, 02:41:36 AM »
Excellent, great jackets. I wasn't aware of the Anvil militia, they fit really well. Nice job!
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2020, 05:09:13 PM »
Thanks.  It's been quite fun pulling together the various different figures that comprise the rabble.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Rabble Rabble Rabble added 24 Jul 20]
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2020, 03:52:58 PM »
The third wave of armed rabble: two more Void Militia (with weapon/arm swaps) an Anvil Militia figure and another sci-fi'd Copplestone Bolshevik Heroine.  Lots of laser P90 action with this group.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Rabble Rabble Rabble added 24 Jul 20]
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2020, 01:16:50 PM »
More great conversions.
Love the skull shirt!
 8) 8)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble added 02 Aug 20]
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2020, 10:30:57 AM »
That's the last of my armed civilian rabble finished.  Unnamed exo-lifter dude (Maelstrom's Edge Epirian Master Handler - with a cut down backpack), Annie (Bad Squiddo), and Hansel and Gretel (Scotia Grendel/Void), the latter three have all had weapon swaps.