Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:46:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wait or oder now from UK / When closes the market and how long? / Reaper in UK  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Jerekin

• Assistant
Hello,
I would have posted in the official Brexit thread, but it seems to be closed.

Is it right that the market closes this midnight and the pound will stay over 0,84 for the weekend til monday accordingly?

Would you say buy some stuff through the week-end or better wait?

It would madden me missing the opportunity if they suddenly find a solution and the pound normalizes.

Thanks,

Jere

P.S.: Is there a UK source for Reaper models who offer free Shipping at a certain amount?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:19:58 PM by Jerekin »

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Reaper themselves offer free shipping over a certain amount, but I guess you want to avoid customs?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
miniature-heroes.co.uk sell reaper but only do free UK orders over 80 pounds,  :( Sorry.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
miniature-heroes.co.uk sell reaper but only do free UK orders over 80 pounds,  :( Sorry.

With Reaper that would be only 3 or 4 miniatures  lol
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
With Reaper that would be only 3 or 4 miniatures  lol

Not sure if joke about the value of the pound......  lol
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Take into account services like paypal can be (deliberately) slow in adopting to exchange rates. Last weekend when a lot of us made purchases I think they were hardly any lower then the week before brexit, its starting to come down now though.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Pretty broad question, but what UK sellers do you recommend buying from? I remember several UK miniature companies that had unique miniature you can't get in the US, such as Hasslefree's survivors for Zombicide. Likewise, Mantic is based in the UK. How would I be able to get their Kings of War sets cheaper with the pound at its low? TIA!
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Wayland games used to stock Hasslefree I think. They also have an extensive range of Mantic stuff. I also think if you spend over 50 pounds you get free shipping (might need a code for that though)

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Heresy Miniatures is having a 25% off sale until the end of July, so that's worth a look.

The only downside is Andy won't be shipping anything out until the 1st August. However, if you want to save money, but aren't in a hurry for the figs, it's worth a look