Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:19:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: News. Company B and JTFM acquire Chieftain Models.  (Read 4706 times)

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
News. Company B and JTFM acquire Chieftain Models.
« on: January 21, 2009, 07:29:30 PM »
Not sure where to post this...  but this is happening now alongside all our new releases.

We've just acquired about half of Chieftain Models WW2 lineup.  Predominately anything used for interwar, Burma, China, Russia, Finland, US North Africa, Italian North Africa, and British North Africa/Pacific. We'll be adding Chieftains lineup of Italians, North Africa British vehicles, Russian and other models to the lineup.  We'll also be making a full line of models for the Finn Winter War as well.We also have the German R180 Staff car and Panzer IIIJ.  We also have a number of French interwar vehicles he has started (be prepared for 1930's French halftracks...)

JTFM will be acquiring Chieftains German models (with exception to the two above) and the British Armoredcars used in Europe.

We will continue to offer the models cast in metal, and they will be available in the UK from WCP (Wargames Command Post)

A full list is up on our site:
http://www.companyb.biz/

I'm also currently working on offering selection of our kits in Germany via Miniaturicum.

Brent
Company B

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: News. Company B and JTFM acquire Chieftain Models.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 07:49:22 PM »
Hi Brent and Bruce,

Firstly, this is very good news for folks who have an interest in Ian's models. Conrats to Jeff in acquiring the other models from Ian too.

Will they also be available in resin?

Chow,

Helen

Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »
Congrats to you, and also to Crouchie.

Offline Johnnytodd

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 07:57:11 PM »
Very exciting news indeed!  I spoke with Jeff at JTFM today and I believe he will be producing these new vehicles in resin (YEAH!!!)

If you haven't done so already, join the JTFM newsgroup here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tiger_I/

Offline BAMeyer

• Assistant
    • Company B
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 07:58:49 PM »
I'd like to offer a few clarifications.

Ian Crouch will retain the Chieftain name, a respected brand he's worked hard to build.

The sale of models did not include his modern line.

Chieftain will also continue to produce those WW2 vehicles that are specific to the BEF and France 1940.  These will also be available from the appropriate Company B and JTFM lines.

Helen, my understanding is that JTFM will be casting their aquisitions in resin.  Company B we will be looking closely at the appropriate media and the realtive advantages/disadvantages of metal vs. resin.

Bruce
Company B

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 08:08:27 PM »
Thanks John and Bruce for your replies.

This is another good year for folks who collect an/or game WWII etc.

I'm so glad to read that Ian is continuing with the range for WWII.

Thanks again,

Helen
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:54:40 PM by Helen Bachaus »

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 08:32:01 PM »
Well congratulations to Company B and JTFM for acquiring these superb models.
On the other hand , I'm probably one of the few who isn't ALL that glad that these models exchanged hands.

The postage and especially custom fees from the USA are about 40% higher than from the UK.
Moreover, the problem with Company Bs' website and Firefox users (me!) is still unresolved.
One of these days the Mercedes G3 will be ready and I won't even be able to order it... sniff...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:10:29 PM by WillieB »
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline BAMeyer

• Assistant
    • Company B
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 08:41:12 PM »
"On the other hand , I'm probably one of the few who isn't ALL that glad that these models exchanged hands.

The postage and especially custom fees from the USA are about 40% higher than from the UK.
Moreover, the problem with Company Bs' website and Firefox users (me!) are still unresolved.
One of these days the Mercedes G3 will be ready and I won't even be able to order it... sniff..."

Fear not!  Wargames Command Post handles both Company B and JTFM for the UK.  So once we get production rolling you can buy whatever you want as easily as a pint at the pub.

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 09:15:32 PM »
And will it be as easy and fair priced in the rest of Europe? You know, us with the Pils or the Calvados or even the Sambuca.  :D Because the 20% of the Wargames Command Post are painful!

EDIT: Chieftain till now had 15% for Europe.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:17:11 PM by Remington »

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 09:31:36 PM »
oh good news must talk to miniaturicum soon !!!
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »
Well congratulations to Company B and JTMF for acquiring these superb models.
On the other hand , I'm probably one of the few who isn't ALL that glad that these models exchanged hands.

Moreover, the problem with Company Bs' website and Firefox users (me!) are still unresolved.
One of these days the Mercedes G3 will be ready and I won't even be able to order it... sniff...

Well you will be able to get the CoB items from Brigade Gams in the USA and we are experts at sending mail out of the country  ;)

Lon Weiss
BrigadeGames
Boot Hill

http://www.BrigadeGames.com

http://www.BrigadeGamesMinis.com

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/brigadegames

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrigadeGames

IG: https://www.instagram.com/BrigadeGames<br /

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 09:48:30 PM »
oh good news must talk to miniaturicum soon !!!

That would be a great idea, Grimm!

Offline jtrnka

• Scientist
    • http://www.diewaffenkammer.com
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 10:37:13 PM »
Hi folks and thanks!

Just got home from the casting cave so my turn to chime in. As Bruce said, JTFM will be casting it's portion of the acquistion in resin. So everything that Ian has done will translate exactly to the resin kits. Any work that needs to be done to get them casting ready will proceed any release but expect more of the same high quality stuff from JTFM. I'm not sure which route Co.B will take but if there's resin casting involved and it's sent my way any of you who have my gear will know what to expect.

The WCP, in the U.K., will be handling all these kits as they do our other gear and Battlefield Berlin has our gear in Germany and we'll see if they'll want to expand on this. I am looking to expand the availability of JTFM's product overseas so there will be more outlets carrying our stuff in the near future. Check out the reviews for 3 of our kits in 1 past and 2 upcoming issues of "Wargames Strategy and Soldiers "

I'll also be attempting to find a stockist for Australia and the region so if there's anyone who can give me a lead I'd appreciate it.

Pricing wise the new kits will be brought into line with JTFM's current pricing, Canadian Dollars, so a bit more buying power for all overseas buyers. I've no control on what retailers charge overseas but pricing should be quite equitable.

It appears I've covered most everything but if there are questions feel free to contact me.

info@diewaffenkammer.com

A list of kits will be available on my website tomorrow www.diewaffenkammer.com www.jtfmenterprises as well as my yahoo group www.games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tiger_I

As an aside the master for the M4A4 Sherman Mk.V / Firefly VC is now enroute to me from Australia and Tony Ashcroft has informed me that the Neubaufahrzeug will be enroute before month's end then it's on to a Pz.III ausf.J for me from him. Then possibly something quite different after that!

Mike Broadbent has my deuce and a half in hand, then its' on to an M4A2 Sherman, an M4A1 Sherman, and an M4A3E8.

John Pierson has his beautiful T-34 underway which will offer a choice of the T-34 Model 1943 with hex turret, uralmash turret, and the T-34/85.

Plus from me the M3 Lee just needs a thousand or so rivets plus the 251/9 late stummel and a 251/22, and yes finally the Tiger I early and late models plus we'll try throwing in some zimmeritted vehicles as well !

Cheers,

Jeff @ JTFM

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 07:59:52 AM »
(...)As an aside the master for the M4A4 Sherman Mk.V / Firefly VC is now enroute to me from Australia and Tony Ashcroft has informed me that the Neubaufahrzeug will be enroute before month's end then it's on to a Pz.III ausf.J for me from him. Then possibly something quite different after that!(...)

Oh Lordy oh Lordy oh Lordy!!!  :o :-*

Offline SgtPerry

• Mad Scientist
    • Perry's Heroes
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 08:36:54 AM »
Congratulations to JTFM and Company B, two compagnies with impressive ranges of vehicles. I hope that Crouchie have an opportunity to continue the superb vehicles that he models.

Well congratulations to Company B and JTFM for acquiring these superb models.
(...)

I must confess that I have more or less the same feeling. It's not a question of quality of service for Jeff of JTFM and Lon at Brigade Games have been providing me a great service (and Crouchie as well).

I ordered several Chieftain's Sherman at about £20 including the shipping costs (and about the same price for BAM's Cromwell, shipping included) but I fear that I won't be able to find the same prices anymore. Even with European retailers, the postage/customs costs can't be completly invisible for the final customers. I have a nice scenario involving 10 Churchills. the price of a Churchill at The WCP  is £24 so about £29 with the shipping costs, it's a bit out of range even with a low Pound currency. I may find 1/60 Churchills cheaper but I try to use 1/56 vehicles when they are available.

Nevertheless, I think that it won't be a problem for the ones who play with few vehicles, and it won't stop me to order a couple of models.

Olivier
One of the few