Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:33:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Random Sci Fi selection - Now with added Science Fantasy  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Grumbledook

• Scientist
    • It's a Hobby, not an Addiction!
Random Sci Fi selection - Now with added Science Fantasy
« on: July 20, 2016, 03:09:08 PM »
Hello all. I've decided to use some of my neglected and forgotten miniatures which have been languishing in drawers, some have been in there for years, and I simply can't go on like this!

So, after a quick initial inspection I've thrown this lot together to form the basis of a Nurgle and other associated Chaos invasion force. Mostly Dystopian Wars and Firestorm Planetfall which I picked up in sales and on ebay over the last few years, the Star Wars die cast troop ships at the top were picked up in a closing down sale and looked pretty groovy, and the Onslaught miniatures..... well, sometimes I'm simply worth a treat!

The Baneblade and Land Raider are there for scale purposes. Here's a photo of the APCs which I've started to Nurgl-ify:

Lots more wordy nonsense on my blog, if anyone feels up to it!

Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:43:36 AM by Grumbledook »

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Re: 6mm sci-fi..... basically Epic 40k but with a load of other models
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 07:34:11 PM »
Can't wait to see this develop - I've git a few 6mm forces on the go, a Nurgle theme's always good!

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 08:18:30 PM »
Cool, more Epic is always good.

I like the look of the whole force, and of the additions to the APCs

Offline Grumbledook

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 09:25:54 AM »
Thanks chaps, quite a lot to do there but I've finished making a mess of the APCs:

Just need to get them painted up, I've given the three howitzer type tanks a good scrub so they'll be ready for Nurglefying soon and I'm trying to get my head around one of the dropships - which I'll be using as some random Word Bearer assault troop transport. Need to make it a bit more 40kish I think, although I'll be painting it in the pre heresy colours since I think blue and white is a bit of an incongruous scheme for them..... and therefore totally in keeping with the nature of Chaos.

Thanks for looking and hopefully more soon!

Offline Grumbledook

• Scientist
The little APC's have been primed and have started to have their first lick of paint on, so it's time for me to veer off onto one of my many other side projects. I always loved the Rogue Trader book (seriously envious of mates' copies of the book when I was a kid) and thought it was a shame that the 28mm game departed to it's very 2000AD-ish style and humour.

So, this is the beginning of my attempt to cobble together my own 15mm interpretation of a much less grim and a much brighter future. These guys are going to be part of my Rogue Trader/Explorer/Adventurer's onboard security detail.... combining a combination of 'can-do' attitude and expendability to great effect. They would be counted as Imperial Guard, in this case Imperial Security Forces, who do most of the military type things (big open inter-species wars of extermination are a thing of the distant past).

Here they are then, in all their badly photographed glory I'm afraid.... the camera really is behaving a bit oddly in sunlight at the moment:

Lots more ready to start on such as; more human and Alien crew (the Imperium is much more inclusive these days), robots, the unhinged Astartes, really unhinged evil Astartes, transdimensional space demon alien things, scenery and much more.

Thanks for looking!

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
Nice. Who makes them?
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Grumbledook

• Scientist
Thanks, the figures are Khurasan Miniatures from their 15mm 1960s Spy Adventure range.

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
Ah, shame, out of my league then on account of the Transtalantic Shipping Cost Barrier....