Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:00:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: FIW Winter Project  (Read 15415 times)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: FIW Winter Project
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2009, 06:15:27 AM »
intersting, did you get any pic's?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline garyapsledene

• Bookworm
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2009, 11:30:48 PM »
Some neat painting
I've been told that I am an all round nice guy, well, that what he said before I shot him

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2009, 11:36:15 PM »
intersting, did you get any pic's?
going to have to pose some as camera not working atm

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2009, 12:43:35 AM »
darn, i was looking for some insperation for my French militia and the like.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2009, 04:53:06 AM »
hey dose redoute miniatures have a US distributer?
I have SYW/FIW has taken a hold of me big time, its what I think, live and breath lol.
i already have at lest one of all the conquest min's French Compagne Marine and English rangers. Still waiting on my next pay day to get the Natives. BUt after them, I want to get tons of regulers becuase lets face it, who dosnt like seeing tight blocks of men in red, blue, white, green what have you being pushed around the table. Well maby my girl freand but what dose she know.
But Any ways. I was also wondering how the redoubt, crusader, and conquest mins staked up aginst each other.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2009, 09:57:34 AM »
I played a F&IW game last weekend, and still have the table set up... I'll try to shoot some pics this weekend and post them. Think I've got pretty well all the Redoubt Indians...

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2009, 11:18:50 AM »
sweet

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2009, 01:18:41 PM »
Conquest match up seemlessly with Perry, Eureka and OG. Redoubt, Crusader, Front Rank, and Blue Moon are in a larger category in my eyes. I would mix them on the table, but not within units.

Eureka has provincials and highlanders in campaign dress in their catalogue. I have both and they are very good. The provincials can also be used as the 60th Royal American Regiment as they had no lace on their uniforms. One of these days I will get around to photographing mine!

Eric at Conquest is supposed to be working on regulars also. I know he fell behind schedule because his mold maker had some health problems, but Age of Glory had some of his new releases at Cold Wars, so I think he is getting back on track. I saw the Crusader Brit and French regulars at Cold Wars and they are well sculpted, but a bit static for skirmish games.

I think your best bet right now for more active regulars is Front Rank http://www.frontrank.com/3_3_lev3_The_French_Indian_War.asp. They have a new US distributor, but with the current exchange rate I believe you save a few bucks by ordering direct.

Aaron

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2009, 01:29:07 PM »
Conquest match up seemlessly with Perry, Eureka and OG. Redoubt, Crusader, Front Rank, and Blue Moon are in a larger category in my eyes. I would mix them on the table, but not within units.

Eureka has provincials and highlanders in campaign dress in their catalogue. I have both and they are very good. The provincials can also be used as the 60th Royal American Regiment as they had no lace on their uniforms. One of these days I will get around to photographing mine!

Eric at Conquest is supposed to be working on regulars also. I know he fell behind schedule because his mold maker had some health problems, but Age of Glory had some of his new releases at Cold Wars, so I think he is getting back on track. I saw the Crusader Brit and French regulars at Cold Wars and they are well sculpted, but a bit static for skirmish games.

I think your best bet right now for more active regulars is Front Rank http://www.frontrank.com/3_3_lev3_The_French_Indian_War.asp. They have a new US distributor, but with the current exchange rate I believe you save a few bucks by ordering direct.

Aaron

I agree I like the redoubt stuff but having done units for AWI and selling them on I couldnt go and paint the same figures again :? I did cave in and buy the redoubt Compagnes Marine which are lovely but sadly tower over the Perry, COnquest and Brigade indians and others.

I dont mind the Crusader figures being static as they in this Very ground will be formed units so marching for me is better than a firing line especially for those ambushes straight out of Last of the Mohicans :D

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2009, 01:41:57 PM »
The Crusader ones are perfect for ambushing. :D