Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:50:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Malifaux Void Wretches / Tripedal alien monsters painted  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Malifaux Void Wretches / Tripedal alien monsters painted
« on: August 13, 2016, 02:58:24 PM »
Don't normally paint starter box figures for Malifaux since they tend to resell poorly, but I lucked into a relatively cheap set of Void Wretches on ebay recently and thought I'd give them a shot.

Neat models, although their role is a bit niche in actual Malifaux play.  Handing out Slow and Fast conditions to enemies is neat, getting big bonuses against Fast targets is great, and being able to chew on Buried figs is potentially horrific (oh hello, Dreamer) but they don't see a ton of synergy outside of Tara crews.

Pretty good-sized for a Height 1 piece as well.  That's a standard 30mm base there, and a War Machine Sorscha fig being menaced.

Think they've also got a lot of appeal for use in scifi gaming as xenofauna.  They're rather alien-looking to begin with, and there aren't very many tripedal types on the market to choose from. 

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Malifaux Void Wretches / Tripedal alien monsters painted
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 04:22:54 PM »
Excellent painting.  Really does look like a shell.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Malifaux Void Wretches / Tripedal alien monsters painted
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 12:17:59 AM »
Thanks, they were fun to paint in that scheme. 

I should have mentioned that they're a relatively simple build compared to most of the Wyrd plastics I've seen firsthand.  Far fewer teeny tiny fiddly pieces and the instructions are far less cryptic than, say, the Insidious Madness ones.