Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Dungeon Saga Saga  (Read 4233 times)

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
My Dungeon Saga Saga
« on: August 13, 2016, 04:25:08 PM »
I took the plunge last year to try out Kickstarter when Mantic released Dungeon Saga. It seems to be a bit of a Marmite product, but I've really been enjoying playing it with my friends, and really took me back to the times we used to play Heroquest as kids.

Anyway, I finally got the core set done (and the undead minions from the first expansion). My plan is to get a set painted, then something for the Adventurers Companions (the create your own characters/adventure expansion) and then moving onto the next set.

So here we have:

Skeleton Archers

Skeleton Warriors

Skeleton Revenants

Zombie Trolls

Ghosts

Zombies

Armoured Zombies

The Villains

and lastly, the Heroes

Sadly, my phone cam sucks and I didn't have very good lighting, but I was really happy with how they turned out, especially as I'd heard PVC plastic didn't hold detail very well.

Now, onto my Dwarf Barbarian!

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Re: My Dungeon Saga Saga
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 05:15:32 PM »
Nice,

they're not the easiest models to paint but you really make them shine  :).
Leadhead

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 09:35:45 PM »
They look great - especially the heroes

I have the game and like you find it a lot of fun. 

For me it offers just what I want - simple rules with a few tactical options and lots of little toys and tiles to play with.

No dear, they are not toys, they are models

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 10:03:52 AM »
Another Dungeon Saga fan here.  It turned out to be just the game I was looking for. I like the models too, and you've done a great job wih them here!

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 12:48:10 PM »
Very nicely done!

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 08:51:53 AM »
Thanks folks. A rare occasion happened. I started a miniature and actually finished it that day. So here's my Dwarf Barbarian for the Adventurers Companion.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »
Great work. 8)

I find this very inspirational, considering that I unexpectedly stumbled on an absolute bargain I could not pass up on, and now find myself in possession of both the starter box and the player's companion set for a mere €40,-.

There are fewer miniatures in the box than I expected, which is a plus, as I also have Myth, including a lot of KS extra's and the pile of nearly 200 minis is daunting, to say the least... ::)

But these are manageable, even for my deficient attention span. It also helps that I have a budding undead army, existing of mostly Mantic skeletons, so they'll fit right in too (and I'll have plenty of reinforcements as well). This does mean I'll probably be rebasing the DS minis to match the army, even though the supplied bases are nicely textured.

The game seems very fun as well, and I'm going to give it a spin pretty soon. Based on the outcome, I might even get me the other expansions too.

But until then I'll be keeping an eye on your thread, to keep the fire burning. So keep it up! :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 08:49:19 AM »
Great work. 8)

I find this very inspirational, considering that I unexpectedly stumbled on an absolute bargain I could not pass up on, and now find myself in possession of both the starter box and the player's companion set for a mere €40,-.

There are fewer miniatures in the box than I expected, which is a plus, as I also have Myth, including a lot of KS extra's and the pile of nearly 200 minis is daunting, to say the least... ::)

But these are manageable, even for my deficient attention span. It also helps that I have a budding undead army, existing of mostly Mantic skeletons, so they'll fit right in too (and I'll have plenty of reinforcements as well). This does mean I'll probably be rebasing the DS minis to match the army, even though the supplied bases are nicely textured.

The game seems very fun as well, and I'm going to give it a spin pretty soon. Based on the outcome, I might even get me the other expansions too.

But until then I'll be keeping an eye on your thread, to keep the fire burning. So keep it up! :D

Thanks. The expansions are worth checking out, especially the orc and abyssal one which adds different overlord cards which makes the game play very different to the standard necromancer one.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 08:39:27 AM »
Finally finished off the next expansion, The Return of Valandor. This was a kinda cheat because I already did the bulk of the additional minis when I did the core set, because they were repeats of the undead minions. Anyway here's Valandor:

And here's Ba'el

Sorry about the poor phone photos and rubbish lighting. Valandor was a horror to paint. His details isn't the best, but ah well, he's done now...Onto my next Adventurers Companion entry.

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 10:58:50 AM »
Nice work on these

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 11:05:14 AM »
You have got the Valandor sculpt standing upright and looking pretty good. Amazing considering that, if it is as bad as the one in my box, the pose and surface detail is better on a part chewed gummy bear.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 11:26:23 AM »
Thanks folks.

I didn't have any trouble with my Valandor at all, although his face details were very shallow so I didn't even bother trying to do the eyes. My brothers copy had a spear that was wrapped around the body like a whip though, but I think the old hot water trick sorted that out.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 10:09:54 AM »
A few bits done for my custom adventures. First up are some Bat Swarms for heroes who are just starting out.

And then some Lesser Obsidian Golems for when they get a little over confident.

Offline pelonas

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 10:55:10 AM »
Great, now I DO need to get dungeon saga. And I was doing so well resisting! :P All looking awesome, I particularly like the obsidian golems, might have to pick up a few of them. Very nicely done all round :)

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 11:18:38 AM »
Super work on the minis, they really look great, must investigate the game now!! :)