Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:47:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690340
  • Total Topics: 118326
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Final hours of the Forest Goblins hard-plastic KS Army project  (Read 7593 times)

Offline Shieldwolf Miniatures

• Scientist
Shieldwolf Miniatures is heading to Kickstarter next month in order to fund another set of hard plastic miniatures, this time the Forest Goblins! Never before has anyone tried to do this into a multi-part plastic army and we would be both happy and proud if people supported our vision and project!   :)

This army is a bet for Angelos and his crew since the company has to outperform everything else currently available; apparently the bet has been taken and the KS launches early-mid September! It commences with Infantry and as stretch goals pile up there will be cavalry, warmachines and monsters, all of which designed for hard plastic (HIPS) production!
Once again great value for money and quality offerings of the companies involved are to be expected like all previous SwM projects.

Thank you for reading.  :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:52:55 PM by Shieldwolf Miniatures »

Offline KGatch113

• Librarian
Re: Forest Goblins hard-plastic multipart Army KS by Shieldwolf Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 03:19:06 PM »

Just an inquiry....do you make enough money via KS to fund the creation of the molds and initial product run, or do you already have capital and use the KS for additional fundage/advertising?

( I have preliminary designs for a line of figures I want to do but no capital, and I didn't think that KS could generate enough to fund the project).

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 06:46:34 PM »
I like the first concept, looking forward to seeing some more renders.  :)
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 08:57:24 PM »
@KGatch113
Kickstarter to us, just like any other crowdfunding platform, is and should be used for projects to come to life that otherwise would have had a very hard time ever seeing the light of day.
Shieldwolf Miniatures is not a KS-start up, on the contrary the company invested several tenths of thousands of pounds on its own before even thinking of approaching a crowdfunding site. It's well known (you can check reviews and comments on forums/gaming clubs etc) that the plastics we produce are the best money can buy and their quality is second to none; this is also the reason we are having such a hard time augmenting drastically our range. We could have taken the easy road to China but we opted for quality instead of quantity.
By maintaining our reputation, patience and passion for which we keep on investing personal funds, this is already picking up the pace.  :)
To answer your question straight away, if we have the money already; "No. We don't have that much". While much larger than the average miniatures company in the market, we genuinely need the additional funds, these kits cost tenths of thousands of $$$ and due to our passion and dedication we are going to be pouring our own money alongside the backers to make this happen, otherwise both funding target and stretch goals would be like double of what they are now.
If people do not support this project, the Forest Goblins (along with almost everything else we have invested for them) will never see the light of day. Unfortunate, but simple as that.  8)

@Timbor
Thank you!  :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:59:18 PM by Shieldwolf Miniatures »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 09:05:30 PM »
Back is a little too muscly for my liking(I like my goblins a little more worry) not so much that I won't pick up a box of the price is right. I'll probably be in

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 09:37:16 PM »
Back is a little too muscly for my liking

Maybe the forest goblins eat lots of fruit and veg to keep them fit and healthy, rather than the cave dwelling crowd eating fishbones in Moria :~}
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 01:39:50 AM »
Dropping this here...  :)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 09:34:37 AM »
nice
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 10:24:37 AM »
KS launches this Tuesday! Lucky 13th!  :D

Time of launch to be announced on Monday 12th.  
In the meanwhile all this experience we are accumulating on plastic tooling gets implemented in each new kit, here's how ball-point joints will allow large variability even if using the same pieces (and we'll try to get as much goodies as possible on the sprues once again!)

Thank you for your support!  :)

• Scientist
Re: KS goes live on Tuesday 13th, Forest Goblins hard-plastic Army
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 11:52:11 AM »
One last teaser before announcing the exact time of launch!  :)

Offline MattW

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 12:24:36 PM »
I'm a little excited... Will you have more renders of the infantry?

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 01:29:08 PM »
I'm a little excited... Will you have more renders of the infantry?

Thank you, happy you like them as much as we do!
And oh yes... and not only for the foot soldiers! We have shown very very little of what we have prepared, we had too much going on completing wave-1 of our previous Shieldmaiden KS, but everything has shipped and, although very tight, we are still on schedule!  :D

Time of launch for tomorrow, some people will find them more suitable than others, we try our best. It's a big world out there!  :)

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 06:45:23 PM »
Back is a little too muscly for my liking(I like my goblins a little more worry) not so much that I won't pick up a box of the price is right. I'll probably be in
Agree whilst they look nice an different,they look bit orcish to me, I always went with goblins were slightly scrawny and it was their great numbers with helped them win battles.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 08:21:19 PM »
So far I like the look better than the orcs you have released, so it seems like you are improving with each set  ;) Looking forward to seeing what is on offer.

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 07:37:02 PM »
@timbor
Thank you!  :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1273312680/war-is-coming-forest-goblins/description
Project is LIVE! Thank you for your support!  :D