Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:21:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Secrets of the Hidden Temple - Behind the Camera - COMPLETED page 7.  (Read 48344 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Here's what I'm busy working at every precious spare minute of the evening...

Edit: THIS is more like it! :-)

At the front (including the rag-tag stooping person) you see some encounter figs.

In the second row, at hte far left, enter the alcoholized heroes and their ½-grade diggers, followed by the German Archaeologists and the Turkish trader/antiquarian/weapons dealer/you name it Hasan Köse and his henchmen.

At the back, a bit blurred, the goody-two-shoes British, trying to prevent theft of irreplacable works of art and other contraband (generally making themselves a pain in the backside of everyone else), and the hulking Tonka with his mysterios Evil Hooded Minions.

Even further back, some civilians I haven't decided whether to use or not for the first scenario.

Mind you, none of the figs are fully painted (except maybe the mummies - and they could use a touch of further highlights...).

I'll let you in on more details as I near the day of the first shoot.

Edit2: I really have to get me some proper lighting set up (and learn how to suppress the flash on my digi-cam)  :oops:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:24:16 PM by Argonor »
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
The Secrets of the Hidden Temple - Behind the Camera
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:44:33 AM »
Hello,

looks interesting. Why not finnishing  the project until september and present it in Bad Oldesloe on the TST Convention in Schleswig Holstein. For further information ask Loki.  :mrgreen:

Björn
, ,

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 11:02:20 AM »
Much better picture now.  :mrgreen:

I like your start. It looks like some interesting groups you're putting together.

Keep us posted on how it goes.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 11:17:47 AM »
Quote from: "Driscoles"
Hello,

looks interesting. Why not finnishing  the project until september and present it in Bad Oldesloe on the TST Convention in Schleswig Holstein. For further information ask Loki.  :mrgreen:

Björn

I hope to finish it by the midst of March. I have no other pending paint-projects at the moment, so I hope to finish 1 group each week.

I have to make myself some Tomb Blocks (www.matakishi.com), about 24 objective/encounter markers (12 outdoor desert (round), 12 indoor temple/ruin (square)), and a couple of dunes. Maybe a ruin or two.

We'll see. It will definitely be ready by September, hopefully playtested and ready, if I decide to go to Bad Oldesloe. I may, as, alas, I cannot make it to Tactica. Too many other obligations, I'm affraid  :(

Offline Morten

• Bookworm
    • http://forum.backofbeyond.de
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 11:35:17 PM »
Gleder meg til å se mer bilder av miniatyrene dine Argonor.
peace!

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 04:16:02 PM »
but you will be at the Tactica ?  
and at Bad Oldesloe we play The Secrets of the Hidden Temple - Behind the Camera   :mrgreen:  I hope so  :mrgreen:
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »
No, as I wrote, I cannot make it to Tactica.

I'll try really hard to come to Bad Oldesloe, as I'm really looking forward to meet some of you guys 'in the flesh'.

And the Title will be 'The Secrets of the Hidden Temple' - the 'Behind the Camera is a joke on all those 'commercial' reports about new films; I could also have called it 'The Making Of'.

@Morten: Mange tak! Jeg vil forsøge at holde forummet opdateret på mine fremskridt. I denne uge får jeg desværre ikke rigtigt malet noget...

Sorry, guys, but Norwegian is almost Danish, and I had to reply to the greeting  :)

Offline knoxville

• Mr. Happiness
  • Mad Scientist
    • ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 11:27:09 AM »
Quote from: "Argonor"
Sorry, guys, but Norwegian is almost Danish, and I had to reply to the greeting  :)

I have no problem with you guys talking Danish, as long as you tell us what you're discussing ;)

The only Danish I know is: En oel, tak. (Or something like that  :lol: )
I was there the day that Horus fell.
ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 04:39:41 PM »
Ha I ask my Mom waht that means she is Danish or my sister she speak also Danish  .
So you never can deride us in Danish  :mrgreen:

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 08:28:54 PM »
Quote from: "knoxville"

I have no problem with you guys talking Danish, as long as you tell us what you're discussing ;)

The only Danish I know is: En oel, tak. (Or something like that  :lol: )

Øl (Danish ø = ö) is, as everyone ought to know, Beer :-)

I was just telling Morten, that I hope to keep the forum posted on my progress, but, alas, I do not get anything painted this week... because of Handball World Championshis in Germany....

Edit: Just edited out all those sports comments. I have been two weeks (at least) working at my first group 'The Archaeologists and their Diggers), and they will appear here shortly - still have some details to do on du Bois...

Don't expect too much regarding painting quality - be warned!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 03:18:17 PM »
I'm still not quite an expert with my digicam, but at least I managed to suppress the flash this time  :wink:

I'm having real trouble with the zoom settings... dunno which to use, and this wasn't quite right...

But, as promised, the alcoholized archaeologists and their diggers - all WestWind.... a bit blurred, but if you imagine having gobbled down half a bottle of gin...   :roll:

Before everyone starts yelling: Yes, they probably could use darker shading and more highlights!
I may even add some, when I feel more comfortable with the layering technique (and can do it quicker).....

Edit: I think, I have to do something about DuBois' face, though....
need som highlights under the eyes. Amazing how a photograph
brings out such things....

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 03:21:34 PM »

Before everyone starts yelling: Yes, they probably could use darker shading and more highlights!
I may even add some, when I feel more comfortable with the layering technique (and can do it quicker).....

I think they´re perfect! Especially the white cloth areas! And those faces (well, the white guys´ at least!) are easily recognized, too.

Offline dominic

• Mastermind
    • http://www.napnuts.com
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 04:50:31 PM »
Nice!  I like them!  Who's the big guy at the back of the first pic?

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 06:16:02 PM »
Thanks for the nice words, but I do think I have still some way to go. The skin of the arabs is painted like I paint my Uruk-Hai - a bit too dark, and not very photogenic (not in a blurred pic, anyway).
I have to go back to them and put lighter shades on as highlights - I just do not have the time to experiment further right now, as I'm already
2 weeks behind schedule (I had hoped to have all groups ready for a game midst March, but....)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 06:31:35 PM »
Quote from: "dominic"
Nice!  I like them!  Who's the big guy at the back of the first pic?

If you mean the bald guy with the naked torso, it's Tonka, a 'brawling super hero' from Black Hat.

Edit:
I'm going to tweak the .45A rules to make him a Grade 3 Enforcer with fists that act as clubs at range 0. He works for some sinister, mysterious master (who may have had something to do with Tonkas bulkyness), and is going to lead a bunch of mysterious Evil Hooded Minions in 'The Secrets of the Hidden Temple'.