Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:01:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686475
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: I Was Warned I'd Be Sucked In  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Kestrel

• Librarian
    • CameraDave.co.uk
I Was Warned I'd Be Sucked In
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:25:56 PM »
Hello all,

Thought I should introduce myself as I'm finding myself rapidly sucked in my all the shiny models and ideas here thanks to Revford suggesting I post my .45 adventure battle reports up on here. I'm mainly a roleplayer to be fair, but thanks to the influence of Rev and his friends I'm being won over to tabletop gaming bit by bit.

I've dabbled in the past with Warhammer and Warhammer 40K, but my eyes have been opened to all the other options out that I can afford and so I am running out of excuses not to fill up the limited space on my bookshelves with models.

They've started me off small with Bloodbowl and I'm now in the process of finishing my painting of the New World Wenches, but I am discovering how addictive it is and am already considering buying the winged monkeys I saw earlier today whilst looking for a model to represent my roleplay character. (If anyone knows of a good model of an, unhelmed dwarf in full plate with wielding a one handed hammer please feel free to point me in it's direction).

As to myself mid-20s and I'm in south-west England, but wishing I still lived in Germany and in an attempt to stop myself buying models I am also amongst other things a keen photographer and mathematician.

Mein Doodlesack ist mangelhaft

Offline revford

• Mastermind
Re: I Was Warned I'd Be Sucked In
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 01:06:28 PM »
Welcome aboard Old Chap.  :)
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 03:13:58 PM »
I think that you'll find that once you have picked up a few models, it becomes easier and easier to just buy more.  lol
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline artshiraz

• Scientist
    • http://miniatures.mehlinger.net/
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 03:40:40 PM »
Greetings
.. once you have picked up a few models, it becomes easier and easier to just buy more.  lol
what Rich wrote  :D I promised myself not tp buy something new before finishing a few of my projects. Guess..right, this morning I almost finished something (just a few bases to make) and thus I ordered some new shiny minis this afternoon.

Welcome to the figmentia madness and welcome here aboard. You'll find the people very pleasant here and a lot of thread's simply being "wow"
50°17\\\'60N  8°16\\\'0E

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
Welcome  ;)
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline Kestrel

• Librarian
    • CameraDave.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:25:48 PM »
I think that you'll find that once you have picked up a few models, it becomes easier and easier to just buy more.  lol

It better not get easier, I've already found myself ordering some ninja, a Robin Hood and some Merry Men as well as a selection of halflings. On the plus side my Amazon team of league winning Playboy bunnies are much closer to completion after spending a little time with them today.

Had to spend time with them thanks to Lingerie Bowl being cancelled :'(

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 09:34:33 PM »

A crime that mankind's greatest sporting endeavour is cancelled this year.  :(

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 12:25:58 AM »

A crime that mankind's greatest sporting endeavour is cancelled this year.  :(

That is even worse than when they let William "The Refrigerator" Perry play in the lingerie bowl (not joking :().

I'm on a business trip in the US right now, watching the Superbowl and I so wish I had some BloodBowl ministhat I could be painting whilst I'm watching it.  Especially my halfling team, which really needs some work right now.

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 01:03:40 AM »
That is even worse than when they let William "The Refrigerator" Perry play in the lingerie bowl (not joking :().

Gah!   o_o  o_o

I'm on a business trip in the US right now, watching the Superbowl and I so wish I had some BloodBowl ministhat I could be painting whilst I'm watching it.  Especially my halfling team, which really needs some work right now.

I'm watching the game here too, what an interception return!   :o

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 04:39:43 PM »

I'm watching the game here too, what an interception return!   :o

Just got back to the UK.  It was a great game this year!

However, I also picked up a top miniatures-related superbowl tip.  If you're in the US on superbowl day, visit your FLGS if you want to buy stuff - it will be so quiet, you can have a good chat with the proprietor and you'll not have to muscle past magic-playing teens who reek of BO and Lynx to get to the FOW/Reaper/whatever you're after figures ;)

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 04:40:16 PM »
Welcome. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin