Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:48:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689515
  • Total Topics: 118283
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New RAFM Cthulhu Miniatures!  (Read 6720 times)

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
  • Student of Time, Space & Cake
    • Crucible Crush
New RAFM Cthulhu Miniatures!
« on: September 08, 2016, 05:38:33 PM »
31mm Scale and plastic bases included.
Please view our newest releases. These are new sculpts from our last Kickstarter now being released for use in all your tabletop wargaming and roleplaying games. Play them with Strange Aeons, Achtung Cthulhu or even Pulp Alley.

Order now at http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAF&Category_Code=7thEdition&view_perpage=30

" width="450" height="75" border="0

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: New RAFM Cthulhu Miniatures!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 05:41:37 AM »
Very cool! Yes, we'd definitely use these for Pulp Alley.  ;)

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 06:59:26 PM »
Order now

I already did in January 2014. Should I receive them soon?

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 11:07:05 PM »
I already did in January 2014. Should I receive them soon?

Seriously?  Crowdfunding screwup?

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 06:44:41 AM »
Seriously?  Crowdfunding screwup?

You might say so.

In a nutshell - after the first backers had gotten their goods (quite a bit after the deadline), Rafm let the backers know that shipping had become much more expensive and they offered everyone the chance to pay extra. Those who paid extra would get their goods shipped immediately (and a voucher for extra store credit). Those who declined would get their goods 'when cashflow permitted it'. This and a total lack of communication and/or miscommunication has caused some frustration with the remaining backers.

I don't understand that those who start up a KS think it's a good idea to cease communicating when there's a problem.

FYI I've backed both RAFM KS, and have allready received my goods (just last august 2016, due date was december 2014, backing date jan 2014).

The way they handled things (and also the wildly different style and size of the human miniatures) means I probably won't be buying from Rafm. These days there are plenty of sources for Cthulhu miniatures.
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 07:12:41 AM »
The Migo, Yithian, Polyp and Byakhee sculpts 0 are a bit... blah.  Shite painting doesn't help.
"They seek him here, they seek him... There he is!"

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 11:58:29 PM »
You might say so.

In a nutshell - after the first backers had gotten their goods (quite a bit after the deadline), Rafm let the backers know that shipping had become much more expensive and they offered everyone the chance to pay extra. Those who paid extra would get their goods shipped immediately (and a voucher for extra store credit). Those who declined would get their goods 'when cashflow permitted it'. This and a total lack of communication and/or miscommunication has caused some frustration with the remaining backers.

This KS failing has had a knock on effect with the Airship Pirates one RAFM ran soon after (too soon after) Cthulhu. It seems that funds from Pirates went to supporting the Cthulhu one which means that now over a year late the Pirates figures are not all produced and none have been shipped.

Backers of the Cthulhu KS were offered some free miniatures as compensation for the delay and store credit if they were willing to pay the extra shipping costs.
Backers of the Pirates KS have been told they will get their figures when RAFM gets funds to pay for the shipping or they can pay the full shipping cost again, no compensation or credit. Just a "If you want them pay us again".

Really is a shame to see the reputation that RAFM had built up over the years destroyed by their shortsighted KS blind greed. Abysmal business management and practice. Certainly the last $$ I ever spend with RAFM.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 08:08:10 PM »
RAFM has a 25% off sale until 10/31, so hopefully they can get the cash flow going.

http://www.rafm.com/
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline mysteriousbill

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 09:27:58 PM »
31mm Scale?

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 10:26:21 PM »
RAFM has a 25% off sale until 10/31, so hopefully they can get the cash flow going.

http://www.rafm.com/

I'm pretty sure I don't want to throw money at them any more after hearing about the KS screwups.  Why risk them doing the same thing to regular purchasers when they treated their investors so badly?

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 10:50:27 PM »
Cash flow.

The miniatures are ready to sell and ship. Rising postage rates and currency exchange hurt various KS campaigns.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:04:25 PM by ced1106 »

Offline CrumbReaper

• Librarian
    • CrumbReaper
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 02:45:02 PM »
that's a shame to hear, I've always had a softspot for RAFM having painted a lot of the Reptiliad range
for a collector shortly after they were released in the misty depths of time! Hope they can pull this round
and keep going.

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 08:46:36 PM »
I have always loved RAFM miniatures. 

The Star Leech attracts me, but the $19 price tag pushes me back from the table.

Why in the world would RAFM photograph such ugly paint jobs for use as sales promotion?  Makes no sense at all. 

"Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof."

Offline Maledrakh

• Librarian
    • At the Mountains of Minis
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 09:11:53 PM »
Hearsay is that they took roughly a $10.000 loss on the Cthulhu kickstarter. Which I imagine is a huge sum for a small company like RAFM is.

Luckily for me, I received my monster pledge rewards some weeks ago. I found the minis well produced with relatively little flash. The metal minis were in a very hard alloy, and there were several larger resin pieces with metal tentacles and what not.
The minis went together as well as most metal/resin minis do, needing a bit of filing and filling. I used greenstuff with superglue instead of pinning.

Some of the humans were in the old smaller scale. This would be due to them being older sculpts, but still a bit jarring in comparison the the newer, larger "gw" scaled minis. As far as I can tell, all the smaller scaled sculpts have integral bases while the larger scaled ones have tabs for slottabases.

I for one am happy with what I got and would buy from RAFM again, KS delivery problems notwithstanding.

as per the paint job:
I do not think that the star vampire is awfully painted, but it is not a great paint job by any stretch of the imagination (it is probably at the level I could paint it). Far too heavy on the gloss varnish, one would think that this would be all they could afford, or that they even might have painted it themselves.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:18:32 PM by Maledrakh »

Offline CrumbReaper

• Librarian
    • CrumbReaper
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 11:08:55 AM »
Hearsay is that they took roughly a $10.000 loss on the Cthulhu kickstarter.

:o shizzle