Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:25:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690722
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New RAFM Cthulhu Miniatures!  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New RAFM Cthulhu Miniatures!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »
as per the paint job:
I do not think that the star vampire is awfully painted, but it is not a great paint job by any stretch of the imagination (it is probably at the level I could paint it). Far too heavy on the gloss varnish, one would think that this would be all they could afford, or that they even might have painted it themselves.

The paint job may or may not be adequate, but the photography and single image of the piece sure isn't helping any.  I make most of my living selling painted figs on ebay these days, and I'd starve to death if I did a single photo of my work for each listing.  Far too manufacturers should learn to take shots from multiple angles and show their models with some kind of scale indicator (beyond just a base) if they want to boost sales.

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 03:03:18 PM »
Blimey, I got my KS stuff yesterday. :o

Actually it arrived already a month ago, but the local postal system managed to screw up notifications and deliveries twice. It was only their consistent incompetence which prevented the packet from bouncing back to Canada, even though it should have according their own policies. So eventually all those cockups managed to cancel each other out, only resulting in an extra month of delay. lol

Now excuse me. I'll start digging into this box. There's a lot of stuff and it's shiny. :)

Offline CrumbReaper

• Librarian
    • CrumbReaper
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 03:31:32 PM »
Blimey, I got my KS stuff yesterday. :o

Actually it arrived already a month ago, but the local postal system managed to screw up notifications and deliveries twice. It was only their consistent incompetence which prevented the packet from bouncing back to Canada, even though it should have according their own policies. So eventually all those cockups managed to cancel each other out, only resulting in an extra month of delay. lol

Now excuse me. I'll start digging into this box. There's a lot of stuff and it's shiny. :)

pleased to hear the stars came into alignment for this, mostly because you got your stuff but also partially as I have a long running soft spot for RAFM and it's
been quite sad reading how this KS turned out for them.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »
Is their website down?  :o
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline CrumbReaper

• Librarian
    • CrumbReaper
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2016, 04:30:50 PM »
Is their website down?  :o

no - working from here

Offline lugiber

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 03:31:26 PM »
I'd back them again!
They did a decent job with this KS. I've definitely seen better. But most kickstarters with tons of minis are severely delayed. And RAFM paid some sculptors who never delivered, got charged with twice the postage etc. But they still came through in the end. And those who didn't want to pay extra for shipping didn't have to, RAFM swallowed the cost.
They will continue to be good guys in my book.

Offline Maledrakh

• Librarian
    • At the Mountains of Minis
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 11:56:44 PM »
I second that sentiment. RAFM are in the good book as far as I am concerned.

Shit can happen to anyone, even bad planning and all kinds of trouble (some of which one should expect a creator to have considered before the campaign).

But it is how they deal with the adversity and treat their customers thoughout it that counts.

For my part, I did get my pledge in the face of all this, and the product was good.

Offline Nick Storm

• Assistant
  • Can I give you a piece of my mind?
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2017, 03:08:34 AM »
Wow...these sculpts are...not good. Seriously, a huge step back from Bob Murch who just hit a homerun with his new deep ones.

Rafm = a HUGE step backwards with this poor sculpts.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 03:28:12 AM »
I'd go with the 'Classic' range in almost every case. Luckily I already own most of them :)

I really should complete the range.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline ShortscaleDave

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 07:39:03 PM »
There's a few nice sculpts in there, the thing in the fog for one, but some of the creatures don't look great. Compare the old school Yith with the new. Night and day difference. The original is still one of the most beautiful sculpts for my money. It just works.  The new one doesn't really have the same level of finesse and "realism" to my eyes, but I'm sure others will prefer the aesthetic equally.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:17:12 PM by ShortscaleDave »