Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:29:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Order 1886  (Read 4247 times)

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
The Order 1886
« on: August 20, 2016, 04:08:36 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Order:_1886
I've just finished this PS4 game and even though it finishes rather abruptly the world in which it is set, the animation and VSF theme is amazing.  Has anyone played it?  I thought immediately of the wargaming potential.  Plenty of figures would fit the bill to bring this to the tabletop:
Rebels - IHMN
Pith Helmet wearing guards - Victoria Miniatures
Police - IHMN or Artizan FOG
Werewolves and Vampires - Westwind
The Knights?
The Indian queen and her bodyguard?

Thoughts?
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: The Order 1886
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 12:57:22 PM »
I saw a trailer for it and thought it intriguing, but have never played it. Creating IHMN companies for such a game would be relatively easy.
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 01:31:44 PM »
I saw a trailer for it and thought it intriguing, but have never played it. Creating IHMN companies for such a game would be relatively easy.

Had the same reaction, though now sounds far more interesting, though I'm still at the PS3 level of equipage. Definitely a fitting battleground for IHMN as well, though I was already thinking of something 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen meets Werewolves Among Us.'.

However, I suspect Sterling is speaking of figs.

Right, me lad? You mean the figures Northstar did for IHMN?

Doug

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 07:27:22 PM »
the figures Northstar did for IHMN?

Correct.

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 08:44:23 PM »
For Knights, I thought these chaps would work well:-

Probably with a long gun glued to their back the way you guy in the game carries his.

Also the two in top left from here, but I don't think they are OOP:-

Or any British officer in a patrol jacket with a bare head swap and some heavier ordinance. Like the chap leaning on his sword in the top pic and the guy with sword and revolver in the bottom

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:46:02 PM by Dezmond »

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 10:07:07 PM »

The game is about The Order Of Her Majesty's Royal Knights - The Knights of the Round Table, their lives extended by drinking from the Holy Grail. Or at least consuming some kind of black water stuff. They don't have reflections which could either be a graphics bug or a hint the blackwater is vampire blood, or something.

Anyway, they are an ancient order of Knights who protect the realm from supernatural beasties. Some of them are hundreds of years old and have been fighting the war for a very long time. The oldest are reputed to have fought beside King Arthur himself.

Their main supernatural power is rapid healing provided by drinking the blackwater - this is the usual health regeneration you see in game like call of duty. If they take a lot of damage they have to take a swig from a small bottle of blackwater they carry around their necks to get back on their feet.

They can actually die if they take excessive trauma. They train initiates and when a knight dies they are given the blackwater and take the name of the deceased knight. The main character of the game, Sir Galahad is the third to bear that name.

So, in game terms, Knights can probably Self Medic, getting another chance to make a pluck roll to stay in the game (and possibly two rolls to get back on their feet after being knocked down)

I'd probably give them Immortal in game terms as well.

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 11:55:16 AM »
Sounds fascinating.

How about weapons and armour?

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 12:05:14 AM »
Skrapwelder did something like this in 2013. He kit bashed his order from 18th cen. figs with 19th cen. and steampunk weapons.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=58154.0

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=82452.0
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 12:19:00 AM by Governor General »

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 05:03:28 PM »
GG! You're back!

No pressure, but you KNOW we're dying for updates!

Back on topic, contrary to a previous conversation, my confusion doth reign, and rain.

I remember those posts, and missed they were about Order 1886.  :D

Doug

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 02:00:00 AM »
Sounds fascinating.

How about weapons and armour?

It probably wont surprise you too much to learn The Order have Nikola Tesla acting as their Q - living in a basement lab making guns and gadgets

For the most part the Knights use the same weapons as the army - in this world semi auto rifles shooting black powder cartridges, MP-18 Bergman style submachine guns and Webley revolvers.

They also have their own slightly more advanced Tesla made weapons - automatic pistols and a select fire rifle that comes with an underbarrel compressed air cannon that can stun enemies

And Tesla has also set them up with arc guns and a nifty Thermite Rifle that creates clouds of thermite powder which you can ignite by shooting a flare in to the with the secondary fire.

At one point in a stealth mission Galahad uses a crossbow to silently eliminate enemies ('this takes me back' remarks the older that he looks knight)

(There are also silenced sniper rifles, a very pleasing 'triple crown' coach gun (a three barrelled off shotgun) and short play with a Shoulder Cannon - a sort of giant magazine fed bazooka)

All the Knights carry a large knife sheathed on their lower back that is presumably silver since it is what you use to dispatch werewolves.

Armour wise, their dress uniforms look to me to be Brigandine, though they also wear more subdued uniforms (probably Lined Coats) when keeping a lower profile.

(The army do have guys wearing shiny breastplates tho probably SRC Breastplates)

And all the Knights have a steampunk radio communicator on their backs they can use to talk to command and call in support from the many military airships that circle above London

Offline Richard

• Librarian
  • Oh-dear
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 07:48:58 PM »
Great looking weapons and figures, you should get them sculpted would look great.
Regards
Richard
Grumpy Old Git